Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Is there any color...

I guess I just like them all.

For me it's orange and bright blue together. I work at a school where the colors are blue and orange. I just can't make myself put those two together to make a quilt. Friends have asked me to make one. I try, but I just can't do it! LOL!!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by walen
    For me it's orange and bright blue together. I work at a school where the colors are blue and orange. I just can't make myself put those two together to make a quilt. Friends have asked me to make one. I try, but I just can't do it! LOL!!!
    That just doesn't sound like a good combination.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sadiemae
    Quote Originally Posted by walen
    That just doesn't sound like a good combination.
    Those were the "official" colors of the 1964 Word's Fair.... (and boy did they hurt the eyes!)

Orchard Park, NY (near Buffalo, which is near Niagara Falls)
    Blog Entries
    I'm not crazy about orange either. Though I am intrigued when it's combined with white and lavender and pink. Probably because it reminds me of sherbet and food is always good :)

But I think I really hate the chartreusy-goldy-olive color especially paired with fuchsia.

I have to say orange is a great contrast complimentary color. It looks beautiful with blues. But you have to like that look which to me is visually stimulating when I see contrast complimentary colors together they pop.

Blog Entries
    Just thought of another one. I never thought I'd make a purple quilt. I like the color and have used it combined with other colors but never figured on doing a whole quilt in purple. Then I ended up with a bunch of charms that included lots of purple, lavendar, violet. I had a lightbulb moment and decided to put them together with white muslin. Now I'm anxious to get to this quilt on my To Do list. It might have something to do with the fact that I'm thinking in terms of what little girls might like since my granddaughter was born. ;)

uh,oh! everyone's watching :lol: :lol:

move over, fred astaire! (and jackie chan)

Brown and grey, I find them depressing.

Except for one*, I've never met a color I didn't like, however, mustard yellow and bright orange are pretty low on the list. They do occasionally have their "aha!" moments, though. I particularly love working with black. It really makes other colors POP! I love pink, too (might be because it's my favorite color). :mrgreen:

*The one color I don't like is solid white. I guess it's because white can be persnickety about showing the seam allowances underneath it if you happen to get them ironed the wrong way ... and also because it seems to get dirty so easily.

I have looked on this site and seen many quilts using colours that I would not have thought of using but I have not seen one that I thought did not work. Shows that you have to sometimes try things to see if they work. It has certainly expanded my colour range

I don't think there's any color that I just don't like at all. There are certain color combinations I'll see that make me wonder 'what were they thinking' but even those when added to somthing else can come out looking great.

I have a fabric that combines a beautiful purple and white then throws in a funky orangey gold for the fairly large centers of the flowers. It turned out to be the perfect sashing for diagonaly cut strip pieced squares in a variety of pinks, blues, yellows and oranges.

Blog Entries
    I have never liked teal

Orange!

Senior Member CompulsiveQuilter's Avatar
    For me, it's white. I use much deeper creams as my neutral. It seems white jumps "out" too much

I love color so I think I'd have to say white or white on white prints are the least favorite of a choice for me.

BURGUNDY...I LIKE BROWN AND I LIKE RED.....BUT MIX THEM TOGETHER TO MAKE BURGUNDY AND SOMETHING ABOUT IT SETS MY TEETH ON EDGE

Blog Entries
    I like most colors, I dont work much with pastels,rarely orange but as I do lots of landscape quilts I use most colors with lots of greens all shades.Also I love blues and whites but not stark white.

Yellow is my nightmare. Don't know why for sure except that someone told me as a child that I should never wear yellow - it didn't go good with my blond hair. That's the only reason I can think of.
    Dodee

Orange and yellow. It's not that I don't like those colors, I just seem to have a hard time working with them.

Blue is my least favourite colour which is why I dont like the Jinny Beyer collection.

There really isn't any color I don't like working with.

Orange! I'm working on a quilt for someone else right now and can hardly bear to pick up the orange fabric any more.

I love your compass quilt. WOW, what an eye catcher.

I love your compass quilt. WOW, what an eye catcher.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast