Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Is there any color...

Mine would have to be brown. Used to be yellow and orange too but they have grown on me.

Quote Originally Posted by Janie Q
    I pretty much love all colors. When I asked my DH's niece what her favorite color was so I could make her a graduation present, her answer was black and orange. I was horrified. How could I make a black and orange quilt with out screaming holloween? I choose my fabrics very carefully and it turned out well. She loved it. Hope I never have to use those colors again tho!
    Bet that was beautiful. I can see it & not think Halloween.

Quote Originally Posted by pam1966
    Olive green and mustard yellow.
    I agree & I'm not too fond of baby pink. Love hot pink.

BROWN! Yuck! It is so boring! I like taupe though. But when I see a quilt in brown and rust and green, I have to turn away. I just can't stand it. When there are so many gorgeous colors to pick from, why would someone pick brown.

I HATE orange, but my favorite colors are purple and green, and orange makes purple POP, so I use it. It has actually started growing on me and I find myself actually looking for it, but not the burnt orange of the 70s. I think the color I use the least in quilts is red. Love the intense jewel tones - ahhh Fairy Frost has some lovely deep colors that just glow!

Interesting how we seem to love one color and hate it's complimentary counterpart. In my first quilts (only been quilting 2.5 years) I would never use black and now I look for ways to include it in my quilts. Love the richness it lends to other colors!

I don't alwaysm like all colors but seeing them in quilts have made me think "gee that's pretty"

I have problems with orange! I love purples.

I don't like green and pink.

I have the green fabric to make my sister a quilt and it is still hanging there that is her favorite color.

chartreuse

From MN, living full time in our Motor Home
    I use them all! It was a real challenge when I first started using colors that I wouldn't wear, but it has been really fun!

Barbara, I hear ya! I don't like purple either, but my sister sure does! In 2004, I made a 108" sq (that's right, 9 ft square) PURPLE quilt for her. I don't love purple, but I love my sister!

My sister's quilt, 2004
    Name:  Attachment-71820.jpe
Views: 15
Size:  91.5 KB

My first quilt teacher said that if I didn't like a fabric, don't use it or that's all I'll see when I look at the finished project. Same goes for colors. Go with your favorite. My least favorite is yellow.

Power Poster
    Yellow like the smiley faces.

I just finished a quilt last Thursday that has lots of purple,lavender and a purple rose print on white, it is beautiful and I can't think of any color I really hate. I would use about any color if the need arose.
    I'm starting a quilt tomorrow with yellow,green,brown and a yellow floral, it will be beautiful also.

I don't care for yellow part of it has to do with some thing I heard a long time ago. Orange is another maybe if I could find the right shade.

Tudey, the quilt you made your sister is Gorgeous!!! I love purple!

Orange, brown and blue-I rarely use them, not material colors I buy on impluse. I have a quilt I've been meaning to make for my aunt in orange, white and black (Allis Chalmers colors) I'm not sure she'll get it for Christmas!

I loathe screaming oranges and dark purple...I like soft peachy orange or soft lavender/lilac shades.

Mine was lime green.
    I have a very dear friend that asked me to make her a quilt. She is a very special person so I said yes as long as it is not like green.
    Guess what??? That is her favorite color. :-(
    So off to the LQS to pick out colors. She picked out all of my least fav colors.
    But the more I worked on it the better it got.
    When it was finished she loved it and that is all that counts.

Definately YELLOW!!! But over the last year, I've been learning to like it in certain situations especially when it highlights and contrasts with my favorite colors...

Quote Originally Posted by BarbaraTX
    you don't like working with or just plain don't like? Mine is purple. The only shade I like in the purple family is plum. This is not to say I don't like any of the posted quilts with purple in them - I would never insult another quilter's color choices.
    I made a wedding quilt for a newphew, and he and his new wife wanted purple, red and blue. Since they live in Alaska, i did a bear paw pattern. Lord 'o mercy - I dreaded working on that quilt. Some days I just couldn't work on it at all, other days I sewed like crazy to get it done.
    What's your color challenge?

Banned
    I don't like orange or any variation of it.

Batiks, can't stand to work with them. I like how others use them, but they are not for me.

Tudey,
    That's a beautiful quilt!
    Sharon

My color to dislike is brown shades that all melt together. I like bright colors and whites.
    Angeline

nope. In the right combination, I love them all! I guess I'm the odd-mouse :XD:

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 ... LastLast