Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Thoughts from Patrice >

Thoughts from Patrice

Thoughts from Patrice

Old 11-05-2011, 04:24 AM

now, where did that come from?

Originally Posted by hheelleenn View Post
You are right. My apologies. It doesn't take my images. Is this a mac problem? I hadn't tried to upload pics before. I don't freeze but I click on way I want to upload but it never uploads.
Old 11-05-2011, 04:33 AM

Thanks Patrice for all you do. If we give it time we can do get through this.
Old 11-05-2011, 04:41 AM

Good job, Patrice! Change is sometimes difficult. We get so comfortable with what we are used to that any change seems almost impossible to adapt to. The first time I was on the new site I thought, Oh my God, why did they make such drastic changes? With just a little perserverence I managed to figure the site out. With a couple more visits I will be as comfortable as I was before. I am definitely staying!!!!
Old 11-05-2011, 04:45 AM

I also have been through software changes and upgrades in my former working life. They were always not easy. We board members will eventually adjust. Besides, leaving our Quilting Board would be like leaving family and friends. It's is not an option for me.

I can see that some of our suggestions such as the font size and background colors has changed and that is appreciated very much. Thanks Patrice for all of your hard work and patience. At this point I am sure you would love to have a QUILTED straight jacket and padded cell!
Old 11-05-2011, 04:46 AM

There is always an adjustment period for anything new. Instead of looking at the negative, look for the positive and it will be much easier to adjust. Personally, I love the new look of the website. Keep up the good work, and ignore the negative feedback.
Old 11-05-2011, 04:51 AM

[ATTACH=CONFIG]282136[/ATTACH] It worked!
Old 11-05-2011, 04:51 AM

You can't please everyone, no matter how hard you try! I for one embrace change, but know there are those who have a real issue with change. Those people need to get over themselves and go with the flow a little bit! If they would give this new site a chance, I believe they will end up loving it. I, myself had a couple of days I wasn't sure I was going to get it, but I persevered and now each day is a little bit easier! Thanks Patrice for looking out for us - we are lucky to have you on our side!!!
Old 11-05-2011, 04:52 AM

I LIKE the new board! Yes, the old one was simple and easy to navigate, but the new one comes with fun bells and whistles. Maybe I'm not having difficulties because this new format is already in use on several other (non-quilting) boards I hang out on, so I already know my way around, so to speak. Regardless, kudos to the QB tech team! Ya done good.
Old 11-05-2011, 04:57 AM

Patrice -- it gets a little easier every day. I just hope I don't wear out the general settings function as I have used it to the max. Thanks for being patient with us.
Old 11-05-2011, 05:00 AM

People are never comfortable with change... I say the new format is wonderful. Thank you for all your hard work. I work in the computer information system world and I fully realize just how daunting a task this renovation to the forum has been. Many thanks for the fresh new look. You keep us coming back for all this fantastic information.
Sue