Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: Thread from Conmecting Threads

I really like CT's thread. If you have a problem with it in your machine, make sure you have the top thread loaded with exactly the same thread in your bobbin. Mant machines are finickly like that. I was having problems with my machines and even though the weight was the same in top and bottom, when I filled my bobbin with the top thread that I was going to use, all my problems dissapeared.

Blog Entries
    I have. I tried and like it. I purchased neutral on a small cone for my Janome Horizon. It was a machine quilting thread and it is firm and low low fuzz. How good is that? I want more of their thread and intend to purchase exclusinvely from them.
    Donna Quilts
    We help the wounded soldiers.

Blog Entries
    One of the other posters stated it was low on lint. That is the best feature because it would save on machine maintenance and missed stitches. I like this feature most of all.
    Donna Quilts
    We help the wounded soldiers.

Purchased it and love it.

I do love connecting threads thread and so does my Pfaff, Bernia and my Featherweight. We clean out dust at each bobbin refill and we love the price, the thread and the results.

Blog Entries
    I use Connecting Threads Essential Cotton thread in all my machines (Singer and Bernina). All the machines like it and I love it.

i love it...and sew almost exclusively with it..and i absolutely love the colors too.

Love it so far!
    Born to Quilt, Forced to work.

Power Poster
    It is about the only thread I use to do my sewing.

Great product. Love it.

Senior Member quilting in my60s's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Handcraftsbyjen View Post
    Has anyone purchased their threads? If so, what do you think of it? Thanks for your opinions.
    Love their threads! I have lots of color because I like colored thread, not every one does. I have a friend with a Pfaff sewing machine and she wasn't sure her machine would like the thread, so I loaned her a spool and it worked fine. If you question whether your machine would like it, see if someone will loan you a spool to try.
    quilting with my dogs

Blog Entries
    ok, I had already replied but since right before this thread I had just placed my first order for thread with Connecting Threads and was concerned to a degree. When I got their email telling me that my order was on it's way I voiced my concerns about the lint and bleeding that I had heard on here. I'm enclosing the response that I got from them. I'm satisfied and excited waiting for my thread to arrive.
    Dear Judy,
    We will stand behind our products, I had not heard about the red bleeding. There is lint with cotton thread, it depends on the amount of sewing, your machine and how much you clean it. The Long Arm Machine quilters have had us develop a Polyester cone thread which they like better, because there is not the lint like with cotton.
    Sincerely,
    Daryl
    Connecting Threads Customer Service
    Phone: (800) 574-6454

I love the thread..never had a problem with it and my machines all like it too!!
    Be kinder than necessary,everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

I love connecting threads . I only buy them in the summer. Summer sales watch for them. great savings. got my list of colors i needXXXXX WANT>
    always give back and forward

I love Connecting Threads thread, and it's all I use for piecing. I buy the big cones of it for piecing, and you can't beat the price. It may be a bit linty, but I religiously clean my machines between quilts, so I've never had any problems with lint buildup. My longarm machine loves it!

Blog Entries
    I use it a lot. Large spools, inexpensive, great colors. I frankly don't notice that it is any "linty-er" than any other cotton thread. I have almost all their colors and I love being able to find a matching color for whatever I am doing without running off to the store.

I use their thread a lot! Love all the colors!

I haven't tried it. After trying Aurifil I've been so happy with it that I don't want to use anything else. Smooth as silk and not linty.

Thank you everyone for the input. So many satisfied customers can't be wrong.

I have bought their collections in the past, but I did have one bad spool that was problematic. The rest have been good SO FAR...lol
    "It's a *fine line* between HOBBY and MENTAL ILLNESS"~ Dave Barry

I have used it, and my machine likes it too. I suggest that you buy a spool and try it. They cost about $2.50 per spool.
    Be a blessing to others, as you may entertain angels unaware!

I've had good luck with it. I like it.

I use thread from Superior Thread exclusively (www.superiorthreads.com). I just love their King Tut line! No breakage, and no lint. They also have Master Piece, Fine Line and others to choose from. Whatever you get from there is superior thread, so so don't worry about the name --- and no lint to worry about. They run specials, and the color range is awesome. Just a thought if you wanted an alternative. I've been using Masterpiece for piecing and King Tut for quilting. I love, love, love their varigated thread colors!
    MacThayer

long armer here, love connecting threads, threads!, every color under the sun, only thing im not so crazy about is the lint it generates, and only way to get rid of it is to use polyester thread.
    katz

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3