Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Thread from Conmecting Threads >

Thread from Conmecting Threads

Thread from Conmecting Threads

Old 03-10-2012, 04:36 PM

I use the Cotton Essentials on my Janome and my Bailey. It creates some lint but so has every other cotton thread I have tried. The color choices are great! I can usually piece and quilt two bed sized quilts with one of the small spools. Plus...you can't beat the price, customer service and free shipping with a $50 purchase.
Old 03-10-2012, 06:30 PM
Power Poster

I use it but it is a bit linty!
Old 03-10-2012, 06:37 PM

I've bought 3 sets of their thread. I've used several colors and, yes, they are a little linty but isn't all cotton thread? Is there a brand out there that doesn't make lint?
Old 03-10-2012, 07:29 PM

I said no because of the lint, but I've never used any other all cotton thread so that may be an interesting question. I used the old C & C poly covered cotton for years and then Gutterman. My Elna liked both of those and she's a little fussy. I will have try another brand and see. CT isn't bad thread other than the lint.
Old 03-10-2012, 10:20 PM

I use it on my vintage machines only (as it was gifted to me), but I won't use it on my expensive, computerized machines. The lint that comes off CT thread is worse than any other thread I've ever used. My vintage machines I can and do maintain and clean myself, so no big deal. But with the cost of maintenance on computerized machines...no way.
Old 03-10-2012, 10:23 PM

Originally Posted by Christine- View Post
I've bought 3 sets of their thread. I've used several colors and, yes, they are a little linty but isn't all cotton thread? Is there a brand out there that doesn't make lint?
Aurifil makes very little lint. But, yes, I think all cotton thread will give off some lint. But, you don't want massive lint balls surrounding your bobbin case or feed dogs and CT does just that. No biggie if you have a vintage machine and can clean it easily, but I don't want that lint traveling into my computerized machine or causing problems in the thread guide of my newer machines.
Old 03-11-2012, 05:28 AM

I use it all the time. It is more linty than some but that's not really a hardship for me. You can always find a color to match your project.
Old 03-11-2012, 05:50 AM

I bought one set, and liked it. Bought 3 more sets of colors later; and some of the spools have knots in the thread. Liked it for the color choice and price; am now having second thoughts about buying it again.
Old 03-11-2012, 08:27 AM

I have a set, but have only used it a couple of times--it seems VERY linty to me, especially the red. I had to vacuum my machine after every bobbin change when I used the red. Just got some Aurifil and really like it, but it is linty also. I guess that's just a cotton thread thing.
Old 03-11-2012, 08:52 AM

I've only heard great things about it. The site says it's low lint which is one of the many things that I love about Aurofil. Because I've only heard great things about it I just placed my first order for 100% cotton in a variety of colors. They have some sets really at a great price so I decided to try it. I've ordered other things from them in the past and had good results so I figured I'd take the plunge. Money is tight but I have to have thread.