Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Trip to Joanns!!!!!

Had to get up early and get to Joanns due to their huge sale. Spent $119.28 and saved $119.25 plus got two free $10.00 gift cards good for next week.....and they have a big sale then, too.
    Their remnants are 70% off.....almost every fabric in the store is on sale including their batting. Used my VIP Joanns card and got another 10% off the bottom total. Now I can get started on another project....lapquilt for me! Everyone else has something and figured it was my time. :lol: :thumbup:

np3
    Blog Entries
    What is a VIP Joanns card?

Blog Entries
    Congradulations! I have been trying REALLY hard NOT to go-I spent too much there in November/December!! Joann's gets a bad rap from some people, but I shop their sales carefully, always making use of coupons (plus my VIP card) and sales-especially when they have the "10 or 20% off the entire sale" coupons! I get such a "buzz" from savings like that!! Can you post a pic of what you got??? Happy Quilting!!

Since I have an AQS membership, you can get a VIP discount card from them to use at Joanns. It saves you 10%. My mom is a retired teacher and she says she can get a 15% discount card from them and it's free.

I agree.....I have never had a problem at Joann's. The store manager even knows my name! How good is that! :D

Last time I shopped there I had a 40% off coupon and a 10% off entire order. I was told I could only use one or the other. I thought someone on here said you could use both of those coupons at one time?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dingle
    Last time I shopped there I had a 40% off coupon and a 10% off entire order. I was told I could only use one or the other. I thought someone on here said you could use both of those coupons at one time?
    Usually the 10% off is good on all the sale stuff (where you would not be able to use coupons) and you would have to use the 40% or 50% coupon on a NON-sale item. If you have the VIP card, you get the extra 10% off items NOT discounted with a coupon, but do get it on any sale item. I guess you just have to "play the game" with them to get the maximum discount. I find it a challenge-but ALWAYS read dates, terms etc so you aren't taken by surprize at the cashier. I think they make it confusing so catch people out-and take advantage of those who just don't pay attention when it is rung in!!

Quote Originally Posted by np3
    You can go to Joann's.com and sign up for a 10% off purchase card. I'm with Project Linus and that is how we qualified for the card. Takes about 3-4 weeks to get one but it is worth it. I also went Joann's, got three queen size quilt batts, 3 fusible bias tape rolls, one book, lots of remnants, etc, spent $166, but saved $177. The 10% saved $13 so it paid for my gingher nippers that were on sale for 40%. I ended up with 3-$10 cards to use January 23-30.

Blog Entries
    I got mine when I became a charter member of QCA-it has paid for the membership and then some! You can't use it on everything, mind you-only stuff you DO NOT use a coupon on.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanuatu Jill
    I got mine when I became a charter member of QCA-it has paid for the membership and then some! You can't use it on everything, mind you-only stuff you DO NOT use a coupon on.
    AND when there is a sale of say, 50% off, and you cannot use a coupon, you pull out your 10% VIP card and they give you the additional discount....making it 60% off.

Great savings.... can't wait until you post the picture of your new lap quilt.

you can qualify for the vip discount card if you belong to any sewing group or 501c3. I belong to a quilt guild and to our Friends of the Library which is a 501c3 organization.

Linus groups qualify too as does our Machine embroidery club.

sign up at joann.com, link is at bottom of page. after you get it, take it to your joann store and have the back signed.

Jean