Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Tula Pink Rotary Cutter

Tula Pink Rotary Cutter

Wondering if anybody has one of these and what you think? Thinking that I'm getting sucked in by how pretty it is. TIA.

https://www.amazon.ca/Tula-Pink-Ergo...+rotary+cutter

I don't think it's pretty enough for that price. If it had diamonds on it maybe haha
    I really like my Martelli rotary cutter. But I also like my Olfas

Wow, that is a bit pricey! Paying for her name--- not me.......

Blog Entries
    $69.00 on ebay

Power Poster
    I have switched from a regular 45 to the smaller bladed and handled one. I have better control and grip since the handle end fits in palm of my hand. I don't think I will go back to the longer handled ones no matter how pretty they are.

Blog Entries
    I bought that one and returned it. It is heavy and my old gingher does a better job.
    “Be the change you wish to see in the world.”
    ~Mahatma Ghandi

Quote Originally Posted by PamelaOry View Post
    I bought that one and returned it. It is heavy and my old gingher does a better job.
    Thanks so much Pamela, that's good to know.

Quote Originally Posted by marshaKay View Post
    $69.00 on ebay
    Maybe in the US, but not here.

I'm bemused by the amount of designers with tools on the market. I do occasionally go for "pretty" if the spirit moves me but have no intention of buying lots of tools with names attached.

I'll stick with my yellow one from Joanns. It works great and I probably got it 50% off with a coupon.
    Patrice S

Bernina Artista 180, Singer 301a, Featherweight Centennial, Rocketeer, Juki 2200 QVP Mini, White 1964 Featherweight

I rarely buy anything with a name or brand on it as it only adds to the cost. My only exceptions are a cup or t shirt with the name of a town on it that we may be visiting when on vacation.

My fiskars works great for me.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

I got the Quilter's Select rotary cutter as a gift and I really like it. It took a little time to get use to it. I think the Tula Pink one is almost the same. The weight makes a big difference, no pressing down required. Just glide it along the fabric and it cuts. I don't like the plastic light ones at all now. I have to press and I can tell how it bothers my hand afterward. My view is not to listen to anyone that hasn't actually used one. The quality may be worth the price. I think the QS one is worth it for me. I bought another one for my traveling notion tote.
    Last edited by Onebyone; 06-29-2018 at 04:20 PM.
    I believe giving what I can will never cause me to be in need.
    Being cheap is not a badge of honor.
    My heroes are working people, paying their own way, taking care of their children and being decent human beings.

I would want to hold and try it first before any purchase. I reach for the 60mm cutter most times now. It's more comfortable in my hand and easier cuts for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Onebyone View Post
    I got the Quilter's Select rotary cutter as a gift and I really like it. It took a little time to get use to it. I think the Tula Pink one is almost the same. The weight makes a big difference, no pressing down required. Just glide it along the fabric and it cuts. I don't like the plastic light ones at all now. I have to press and I can tell how it bothers my hand afterward. My view is not to listen to anyone that hasn't actually used one. The quality may be worth the price. I think the QS one is worth it for me. I bought another one for my traveling notion tote.
    Thank you. These definitely look interesting and may be very helpful for me.

I was taken back by the price - I have 2 ergonomic cutters (bought one and the other was given to me) and I can't tell any different than my original yellow Olfa cutter. Have you seen it in person? Is there a place you can go and try it?

Onebyone makes very good points. Don’t be put off by the price alone. Especially if you have been quilting a while and already have some $$ invested... Good quality tools ready do make a difference. We want to enjoy what we are doing here and a good rotary cutter could make a world of difference......

Quote Originally Posted by Fizzle View Post
    Onebyone makes very good points. Don’t be put off by the price alone. Especially if you have been quilting a while and already have some $$ invested... Good quality tools ready do make a difference. We want to enjoy what we are doing here and a good rotary cutter could make a world of difference......
    I 2nd this! You only live once and sometimes we just want what we want - and that's ok

Christine
    Christine
    In my dream world.... fabric is free and quilting makes you thin!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jingle View Post
    I always reach for one of my Fiskars over my others.
    Aurora

"A dying culture invariably exhibits personal rudeness. Bad manners. Lack of consideration for others in minor matters. A loss of politeness, of gentle manners, is more significant than is a riot." -Robert A. Heinlein

Not for me. If you need a rotary cutter and this is the best choice for you, go for it. I refuse to get tangled up in the Tula Pink craze. My guild is doing a Tula Pink block of the month. I am skipping it because I honestly don't care for the fabric enough to make that investment and it seems just too "trendy" for someone who has a deep stash that can be used without new purchases.

I think that pink finish is the 'signature' selling point. I do like the look.
    I thought about just getting the scissors...also expensive. Then I found these on Amazon. Similar scissors, nice case, better value.
    https://www.amazon.com/Fancystyle-Gr...scissors&psc=1

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jingle View Post
    Fiskars work great for me too.
    If you always do, what you have always done, The results never change. Change is the wings you give yourself.

I have the Martelli ergonomic cutters and love them. I can cut a lot longer without the neck and shoulder pain I usually get. I got mine for a much lower price on Amazon, and have not regretted it for one second.
    Linda Wedge White

I believe UFOs are like scraps, ferns and dust bunnies. Once you get two, they send spores out into the air and more just happen anywhere the spores meet.