Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 5 6

Thread: Unfriendly Quilt Shops?

Oh, and I just looked it up and found at least one: http://fabricmarketknoxville.com/designer-on-staff/

We provide the following fabric related in-home design services. These services are fee based at a rate of $60 per hour. They include:
    Fabric Selection:
    We can assist you in choosing fabric and trim for window treatments, custom furniture, decorative pillows, furniture re-upholstery, bedspreads, accessories, etc.
    The Fabric Market has hundreds of direct sources to solve all of your decorative fabric needs with style!

That's for people that either have to have stuff done "Professionally for the effect" or are too lazy to think for themselves.

Had a painter who wanted to send over a "decorator." Told him I knew the color I wanted and could give him the Pantone mix. He was highly offended. I think he was also offended by telescopes and other astronomical equipment in the "formal" living room, along with a computer setup that looks like the deck of the SS Enterprise, and a treadmill. No furniture. That's in the "family" room. He wouldn't have been able to suggest any special fabric wall hangings for decor since I could do it myself.

The "formal" dining room is now a sewing room.

Quote Originally Posted by Sewdora View Post
    The unfriendly shop in chesterton Indiana has been closed for several years now and there is a new one. It is worth checking out.
    It was kind of you to post this. It would be a shame if the newer store's business was hurt because of another business' reputation.

Also, I'd like to add...not all quilters are good customers. I've heard of shoplifters who've hit shops I've been to. The owners have told me other horror stories, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Teeler View Post
    Oh, and I just looked it up and found at least one: http://fabricmarketknoxville.com/designer-on-staff/

We provide the following fabric related in-home design services. These services are fee based at a rate of $60 per hour. They include:
    Fabric Selection:
    We can assist you in choosing fabric and trim for window treatments, custom furniture, decorative pillows, furniture re-upholstery, bedspreads, accessories, etc.
    The Fabric Market has hundreds of direct sources to solve all of your decorative fabric needs with style!
    That's an IN-HOME service. I'd expect that.

Blog Entries
    I love to help others pick out fabric & would never dream of charging for such service!
    Just passing through!

Quote Originally Posted by Dolphyngyrl View Post
    No, but i bet they won't be open long with service like that

I agree!!! That's horrible treatment of customers.
    When it seems like the world is falling to pieces remember that the pieces are falling into place. We are nearing closer to the End Times.

I used to work at the LQS. My boss would not allow that at all. We greated every person with a smile and hello and helped anyway we could. That was my job. Being friendly is what keeps customers comming back.

Quote Originally Posted by lovingmama View Post
    Until you have seen it and experienced it, it's just a story from someone about someone else.
    We don't know what really happened and have to give the other party a chance to explain themselves too.

Just to be fair.

I agree!!!!!
    "In the crazy quilt of life, I'm glad you are in my block of friends."

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 5 6