Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Using Up Scraps >

Using Up Scraps

Using Up Scraps

Old 09-10-2022, 07:58 PM

Well I don't think I will ever get to the end of my scrap pile as it just blew up once again. Someone left 2 medium size boxes of 4" squares already cut at my door. No info as to whom it is from or what it is for so I will be washing it for the next several days. Then it will go into a new box with the label of the size blocks. I've looked at several and the one main color is red and white stripe already sewed to other blocks of which most is white so I have several options but it will be taken out in order or maybe used in several quilts. Actually looks like maybe was a first quilt. Just squares. No picture of what the person was doing/trying to do/had finished with left overs.

This quilt will be quite a journey FUN
Old 09-11-2022, 04:03 AM

Originally Posted by MaryKa View Post
Well I don't think I will ever get to the end of my scrap pile as it just blew up once again. Someone left 2 medium size boxes of 4" squares already cut at my door. No info as to whom it is from or what it is for so I will be washing it for the next several days.

This quilt will be quite a journey FUN
Although I have not had any mysterious boxes on my doorstep, I have from time to time been given boxes and bins of another quilters UFO or odds and ends from their stash. It has happened twice this year and I consider them a blessing. I don't need to shop! These unexpected blessings also push me in new directions because they are often something I would NEVER purchase. For instance, I was given a computer paper box of lovely tropical large print fabrics that are all high quality fabric and so out of my comfort zone that it makes me laugh. The adventure begins. Enjoy your new "Front Step Collection" and quilt on!
Old 09-11-2022, 04:17 PM

Front Step Collection quilt--I like that name. It's what I will be calling my new quilt. The boxes are mixed print and plain. 100% cotton I think. I think the red/white stripe & white will somehow become part of the border.

So much FUN going thru these 2 boxes. I am very blessed every day and these boxes show how much. YEAH Quilt supplies. In the bottom of the first box I found a straight pin box full of miniature buttons. Needed these for my dolls and I also found a Christmas stocking pattern large enough to hold an 18-inch doll with instructions "for 18-inch Doll and wardrobe. Ages 5-8 ONLY. Room for doll and 7 piece wardetobe--slacks, skirt, Sunday-Go-To-Meeting Dress, shorts, blouse & 2 sleeping outfits along with 2 pair of house slippers and 3 pair of shoes." Nothing about dolly quilts but I'm certain every little girl will love a quilt for their dolly. I'll add the quilts to the supply list.
I will say Thanks to the next rainbow I see and that will send it to the correct person. (According to my Daddy when I was a kid)