Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Viking accesories

Ditto. Just after the holidays a quilt store near me had an end of the year sale.She had 30% off all viking accesories. So I got the interchangeable dual feed foot for my mom for mother's day. :thumbup:

I called the manufactuter. For my Kenmore I called Sears and had a walking foot within days. Cost about $20

I paid $20 for one for my Pfaff and then found out I can change the needle position and guide at the edge of my regular foot. Another thing you can do is measure from the needle 1/4 inch and put down a think layer of tape to use as a guide. Painter tape (the blue stuff) works well and doesn't leave a mess behind when you take it up.

I meant a thick layer, not a think layer lol

Quote Originally Posted by cizzors
    I feel I've been all over the web looking for a 1/4" foot. The prices are scary. $25.00 for plastic but would prefer metal. Anyone know of a site with decent pricing? TIA, Karen
    Go to your Sears store, and order the Kenmore attachments on their computer. Delivery is free, and the attachments fit Viking machines at a 1/3 of the cost.

This paticular site you can get the walking foot with quilter bar, 1/4" seam foot, darning foot and cloth guide all for $24.99!

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_1...&blockType=G19

Quote Originally Posted by donnajean
    I paid $75.00 when everyone else wanted over $100.00 for a replacement walking foot for my Viking Rose. Call Viking & get the exact part no. for your machine & then do a Google search for the part no.

Quote Originally Posted by Momo
    Where can I find a Viking walking foot for $85.00? The quilt shop where I take lessons has it for about $110.00. The machines are great if a bit pricey.
    I'm repeating this info to you donnajean. I too have a Viking Rose.

Go to your Sears store, and order the Kenmore attachments on their computer. Delivery is free, and the attachments fit Viking machines at a 1/3 of the cost.

This paticular site you can get the walking foot with quilter bar, 1/4" seam foot, darning foot and cloth guide all for $24.99!

I had a Kenmore sewing machine, and traded it in for my Rose. I kept the walking ft., and found out later that the fit is perfect. Ordered the 1/4", and both open plastic ft. & closed metal ft. separately. Now, you can get all 4 for $24.99. The attachments don't come from Sears, as they are generic. Might be the same company that makes them for Viking.

A lot of these feet are really generic. Take the foot into your sewing machine store and take a look and see what else you can get. My walking feet are not Viking brand and they work just fine! A lot of times it is the little adaptor that the foot clamps into that will make the difference. Keep looking for generic and you will have better luck. I've had a Viking since 1994 and love it, but not the prices.

I bought the 1/4" foot and walking foot years ago. I thought they were expensive then, but they were worth the money. My machine is at least 15years old. and is still working well. I use the 1/4" foot frequently and it is still in good shape.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Momo
    Where can I find a Viking walking foot for $85.00? The quilt shop where I take lessons has it for about $110.00. The machines are great if a bit pricey.
    Mine cost $99.00 on sale as a returned item and that was years ago. Works great though on my spray basted quilts.

Blog Entries
    I got one for my Bernina that runs for $60 on e-bay for only $10.

Blog Entries
    I got one for my Bernina that runs for $60 on e-bay for only $10.

My NEW JoAnn's store has a Husqvarna/Viking dealership inside it and they sell all the accessories for the machines. I have the Sapphire 875 Q so my machine came with every quilting foot imaginable. However, I did notice the other day while at JoAnn's that the 1/4" foot was under $20.

Quote Originally Posted by Quiltntime
    I feel I've been all over the web looking for a 1/4" foot. The prices are scary. $25.00 for plastic but would prefer metal. Anyone know of a site with decent pricing? TIA, Karen

Well, that got me all kinds of excited til I seen the 1/4 foot-it has that guide on it and that's not what I want. But thanks for all the help, ladies! Headed back to e-bay for now.

Try: ElectricHospital.com
    They are in Coos Bay, OR and stock them.

You could try April's1930sshoppe.com. I got one for my 301 slant needle for 19.00. Shipping is free. Good luck and Happy Quilting. :-D

Senior Member Crazy Quiltin Robin's Avatar
    try Amazon.com got mine there for like $14.00
    it works great.......

Check this sight out for all kinds of feet

http://sewingmachine221sale.bizland....re/page63.html

I got several feet for my Janome from Sewingmachinesplus.com for less than the price at the Janome dealer. You search according to your brand and model.

Hi im new to quilting and needed 1/4 also i found one at
    sewingmachinesplus.com good prices they also sell from this site on e-bay
    Dedra

Blog Entries
    sewingmachinesplus.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2