Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 5 6

Thread: Virtual Quilting Retreat quilt along

Thanks so much for organizing this retreat!
    Really having fun with my every block a different fabric version (do have one repeat). So far I'm up to twenty blocks and thinking of going for twenty four. Have decided to use sashing to make it just a bit bigger as I'm doing a lap quilt instead of the bath rug.

Standing in front of Walmart begging for fat quarters
    Blog Entries
    Okay, I did a "do-over" of my bath mat since my mom needs one and I was not happy with the last. I need lots of practice for FMQ and found this a good way. Lots of things I learned doing this one. First, don't make your designs so close the an edge, second, scallops? What was I thinking? Third, Make sure you have enough thread of the right color!

Laid out
    Name:  IMG_2083.JPG
Views: 316
Size:  409.9 KB
    Up close, the quilting. I was going for wreaths, but clearly haven't a clue what I am doing. Oh one more lesson. Don't do pebbles/blobs unless you have a lot of time on your hands!
    Name:  IMG_2084.JPG
Views: 303
Size:  460.2 KB

Another view in case the last one too blurry
    Name:  IMG_2085.JPG
Views: 299
Size:  478.3 KB

And the back, still need to clean up grey threads and oops, fix some spots on the binding!
    Name:  IMG_2086.JPG
Views: 301
Size:  442.8 KB

This one was kind of fun
    From the artist formerly known as Missus Fear...Hi, my name is Tracy and I am a hobbyaholic.
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/blogs/m...ear-79671.html

Tracy, You get bonus points!! That is over the top. What did you use for the plastic slider on the machine table?

Standing in front of Walmart begging for fat quarters
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dedemac View Post
    Tracy, You get bonus points!! That is over the top. What did you use for the plastic slider on the machine table?
    It's that tablecloth cover stuff from Walmart. I must say, it's not that helpful . Hey thanks for the bonus point...need as many as I can get!
    From the artist formerly known as Missus Fear...Hi, my name is Tracy and I am a hobbyaholic.
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/blogs/m...ear-79671.html

Okay Tracy. I liked your first attempt but your second is just on beyond....! The scallops add a lot and the quilting is the cherry on the top.

Think maybe I can post pictures now. Hope this picture of mine that "grew" into a lap quilt works this time.

I really had fun with this. I did it as a scrappy using a different fabric for each square and then adding sashing as well.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by mom-6; 03-20-2013 at 11:23 AM.
    legendarycandles.com
    Just discovered I qualify for FABLE (Fabric Acquired Beyond Life Expectancy)

mom-6 that turned out really nice done scrappy like that!

Blog Entries
    That is amazing everyone did a fabulous job!!! HUGS!

This was a really fun project. I'm thinking I would like to do a larger version (2-1/2" strips for the outlining and correspondingly larger focus fabric squares) as a bed size quilt.

Mom6, your project really looks. I really like the pattern and think it would go great with Asian prints behind a black grid. Yeah, like I need another quilt on my list.

I'm with you EmmaS. That would be gorgeous. I still need to get my oriental block swap quilt from a couple years ago together before I do another oriental quilt. Like that's going to stop me. LOL!

Mom6: Do I ever understand. You are a mother with young children, I am retired, true a lot more time but still not enough.

Actually my kids are all grown and the picture is me with my DGS who is now a third grader. And supposedly I'm retired but really I've just changed focus. Helping friends with their businesses - which just happens to include working Renaissance Festivals on weekends, as well as periodically babysitting DGS and sometimes other kids, is so much more fun than working in an office supply store (even though I liked my job when I was doing it - just was ready for a change after 19 years there). And besides I can somewhat dictate when I choose to do what during the week which gives me sewing time in the early mornings several days a week. It's really nice not having to be at work at 8 am every day.

Mom-6 you look to young to have grown children. Isn't retirement heaven? I really should have done it first. It took me a long time to stop doing the things I had to do just because I worked.

Thanks EmmaS! Flattery will get you everywhere!
    I actually kind of got a late start - first DS born when I was 27. But I made up for lost time with the other 4 boys within 6 years, then DD exactly 10 yrs and one month after the oldest. She's the mom of DGS and was 29 in November.

And yes I'm loving retirement, even if I'm just as busy as before.

I ran with the mat, actually I ran left out the door to the garage or DH's Man Cave. He needed a mat to wipe his shoes when it gets muddy.

Name:  DSCI3174c.JPG
Views: 252
Size:  25.5 KB
    The mat is made with denim and old used curtains, it is 2 feet square. When it gets too dirty to wash, I will just pitch it.

Name:  DSCI3172c.JPG
Views: 260
Size:  33.1 KB Name:  DSCI3173c.JPG
Views: 250
Size:  27.6 KB
    I am still waiting for a picutre with my grand puppy on his mat. Daughter says he uses it a lot. I will post when she sends one.

Last year I made a shower rug mat for my son-in-law. I purchased a nice fast drying, dark brown, hand towel, then made a patchwork, dog print and solids to fit the other side; embroidered the towel side with his last name below a head shot of a lab dog. It is reversible and guess what?....he uses it with the towel side up!!!!!!!!!!! (My creativity patchwork facing down. Why did I bother?---I guess he likes his name!!!) I bound with a matching dk. brown cotton. It turned out great and he DID like it, but evidently not my quiltwork.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 5 6