Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Virtual quilting weekend— Nov 24- Nov 27, 2022 >

Virtual quilting weekend— Nov 24- Nov 27, 2022

Virtual quilting weekend— Nov 24- Nov 27, 2022

Old 11-27-2022, 03:38 PM

Met my goals for this weekend,yay! Looking forward to the next VQW.
Old 11-27-2022, 03:47 PM

OOO..... A New Year's Weekend Special VQW would be fun. I will have my quilt group's exchange blocks in hand by then and can devote time to laying out my quilts with my virtual friends. Whoo Hoo!

I have been adding snow ball corners to rectangles all afternoon for this weekend's project. I only have 300+ more to go! Tee-Hee-Hee!
Old 11-27-2022, 05:41 PM

finished the binding on my Karen Montgomery nine patch project, and yesterday I went to a guild sew day where I worked on a few of my placemats…..have 1 completed, 5 with most of quilting finished, and 3 that need to be sandwiched and quilted. Hmmmm…must be gremlins….the picture posting won’t work for me tonight. Thank you everyone for your inspiration this weekend, and Raggiemom for your extra effort of hosting.
Old 11-27-2022, 06:43 PM

WOW!!! isn't that something to look forward to, two separate dates of the VQW, thank you Heather. Enjoy the rest of your holiday season everyone

cherryb
Old 11-27-2022, 09:04 PM

Worked on some flannel baby charity quilts tonight. I have one 1/2 sewn. Someone dropped off a bunch of flannel already cut into bricks...so it was perfect to just sit and stitch. Not complicated which was good for a Sunday evening. Have a great week everyone!

Thank you for the VQW!
Old 11-27-2022, 10:27 PM

Smile

Had Matthew's family drop by this morning as Matthew needed to do an inspection on his quilt and needs to know his baby sisters supplies are being worked on. So we went thru the fabric and he helped me choose the perfect fabric for his baby sister's quilt and very first dolly. He asked if I make the dolly will it still be his special gift from her big brother. Mom and Pop said he would have to buy something from some place to make the gift be from him. So me and Matthew come up with a fair price (5 cents) for the dolly and all her clothes. Now granted she is a bit too young to play with a dolly but as Matthew explained she will get there eventually so the dolly comes with a complete set of clothes and a special quilt. His baby sister told him she wants a girl's Cop quilt for next Christmas--told him I can't take orders this soon for 2023. Remember she's only a few months by Christmas this year.
The backing fabric is quilted into 6" squares as it was a bit thinner than I like for quilts so I bought some batting for the quilt and put it between both layers of the backing. Then quilted it on the machine. I will be quilting around each figure and then tying off the two layers. the ties will be inside the quilt so it will look like a larger quilt space rather than a tie off quilt. I've worked quilts this way before and they are worked to make a pattern into the quilting. Also it will be very close to the fabric color so many people will not even see it if not specifically looking for it.

Will be looking forward to our next Virtual Quilting Weekend.

Last edited by MaryKa; 11-27-2022 at 10:35 PM.
Old 11-28-2022, 03:45 AM

Success for this quilter! Binding done for the quilt and glue basting done for 2nd. Looked at the kits for PL and found "panel" quilts ideas on Pintrest. Today with start quilting a quilt and then play wilth layouts for PL. Thank heavens DH likes to cook...lol.
Old 11-28-2022, 04:14 AM

Hey there all of you who are having problems posting photos, I have a solution suggested by a QB member in another thread. Upload your photo as you have always done in the past but do NOT click the "Preview" button. Just post and Ta-Da the photo is just where you wanted it. I tried this on this thread, then deleted it because it was old news. I will take a photo of my quilt progress later today and post a photo of my progress. Who knew this technology change had occurred?

Thanks to RedGarnet22 for sharing this info about posting photos.
Old 11-28-2022, 05:54 AM

Here is my progress to date for the Virtual Quilt Weekend. Still more steps to the finish.
Attached Thumbnails 2022-11-28-blackfords-beauty-lay-out.jpg  
Old 11-28-2022, 07:11 AM

Here are my photos that wouldn’t post yesterday, I used the same steps as always.
Attached Thumbnails 4b2811d6-62c0-4a02-b12e-c4ee09c5e871.jpeg   a3c4afc9-949b-46ec-9aa2-6077569b8a8f.jpeg