Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Virtual quilting weekend--10/6-10/9/17 >

Virtual quilting weekend--10/6-10/9/17

Virtual quilting weekend--10/6-10/9/17

Old 10-06-2017, 03:28 AM

Default Virtual quilting weekend--10/6-10/9/17

Welcome to virtual quilting weekend. I am off to a friends house today to make a few tops for children's charities.

For newcomers, this thread lets us work on quilting at home but share what you're doing with the rest of us. Quilting activities can be shopping for more fabric, planning new projects, cleaning out your room, actually quilting or even just thinking about quilting! We do love to see pictures of what others are working on.

Next one will November 10-12.

Will check back in later to see what everyone is up to 😊
Old 10-06-2017, 05:48 AM
Power Poster

We just got a new kitchen table so the old one is going in my sewing room for my new Juki. So I plan on doing a lot of work in my sewing room this weekend to make adjustments, if that's possible! I want to get busy with FMQ (which is why I bought the Juki) and now I have a place for it. I'm excited.
But I'm glad also because I have too many things I can't find - been sewing a lot and not cleaning up after myself, also shopping and just tossing bags around.
Old 10-06-2017, 06:04 AM

Yay! I actually started yesterday. I'm working on a king size trip around the world, using Eleanor Burns Quick Trip pattern. (By the way, it doesn't take a day, contrary to the famous "Quilt in a Day" logo) I'm also FMQ another quilt on my vintage 15-91. And.... Tomorrow my DH and I are going to look at a vintage Singer 66 that I saw on CL... It is only $45, needs rewiring, but I couldn't resist. Both DH and I are now hooked on repairing vintage machines! He's actually enjoying it as much as me.
Old 10-06-2017, 06:12 AM

Originally Posted by NZquilter View Post
Yay! I actually started yesterday. I'm working on a king size trip around the world, using Eleanor Burns Quick Trip pattern. (By the way, it doesn't take a day, contrary to the famous "Quilt in a Day" logo) I'm also FMQ another quilt on my vintage 15-91. And.... Tomorrow my DH and I are going to look at a vintage Singer 66 that I saw on CL... It is only $45, needs rewiring, but I couldn't resist. Both DH and I are now hooked on repairing vintage machines! He's actually enjoying it as much as me.
I agree with how fun vintage Singers are, I happen to have a few:-) This week I have been teaching myself to FMQ with the Westalee rulers on my 15-88. Boy, I really like that machine.

I am going up north tomorrow morning, so I will miss participating in the VQW, but I will be taking a look at what everyone else is doing.
Old 10-06-2017, 06:35 AM

Originally Posted by tscweaves View Post
I agree with how fun vintage Singers are, I happen to have a few:-) This week I have been teaching myself to FMQ with the Westalee rulers on my 15-88. Boy, I really like that machine.
You are my idol doing ruler work on a treadle! I saw your post about it earlier this week. Now I want to try it on my 15-91!
Old 10-06-2017, 07:29 AM

I'm in - but just about every weekend is a quilting weekend for me!

I've got to work until noon, then I've got the rest of the weekend to sew. I need to put away my summer fabric purchases too, I've been lazy and just piling them on the bed in my Stash room.
Old 10-06-2017, 08:12 AM

Default I’m in

I love these weekends, they really get me motivated when I’m lacking motivation! I plan to finish sewing all the blocks together and then get the borders on this king size quilt. I’m not sure if I am going to keep it for a guest room, or donate it for a raffle for a charity.
Attached Thumbnails f1437cc3-2613-49dc-922e-c22d03f90ba4.jpeg  
Old 10-06-2017, 09:17 AM

tallchick - that is really neat! I love quilts with the medallion look to them.

Here is what I've got on my plate to start

the mess in my stash room

This is based on the idea for the Cottage Romance quilt that was discussed recently. I used a pile of fat quarters and cut them all up the same and then rearranged the pieces and sewed them back together. Got lucky in that MSQC put a pack of 10" pieces of the same fabric on sale, so now I'll be able to put a border on them that matches. Going to end up with a queen quilt and a small baby quilt. I really love this fabric!

And for some mindless sewing - putting together the strips for the Snake River Log cabin quilt. I used scraps for the darks, a constant for the red and 6 different neutrals for the lights. This will end up king size.

Old 10-06-2017, 10:12 AM

I love it when pictures are shared, so this time I decided to share what I'm doing. I've got most my strips sewn and ironed for my Quick Trip quilt. Purple/lavender isn't really my color, but I'm making this one for my BIL and his fiencee's wedding next spring and she likes (I heard and hope it's true!) lavender.
Attached Thumbnails image.jpeg  
Old 10-06-2017, 10:31 AM

Okay I'm in again. Today I'll probably be working on quilting my hubby's quilt and start working on a baby quilt for my oldest daughter's BFF.