Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Virtual Quilting Weekend--11/12-11/14/21 >

Virtual Quilting Weekend--11/12-11/14/21

Virtual Quilting Weekend--11/12-11/14/21

Old 11-11-2021, 04:03 PM

Default Virtual Quilting Weekend--11/12-11/14/21

Welcome to Virtual Quilting Weekend . In case the cats allow me to sleep in tomorrow morning, I thought I would go ahead and start the thread tonight. For newcomers, VQW is where we gather together online and share what we're working on this weekend. Maybe you're quilting, shopping, organizing, or just observing. All are welcome to join us.

I'm not sure exactly what I'm working on this weekend. I have some tops to quilt, some mystery clues to catch up on, cleaning my room, and handwork. I guess I'll see what appeals in the morning!

The next regular VQW is December 17-19. We will have a special one November 25-28 also.
Old 11-11-2021, 04:35 PM

I'll see what I can get done. I'm working on a Christmas Cathedral Windows and also a BOW.
Old 11-11-2021, 05:29 PM

I hope to get some sewing accomplished. I have a baby quilt to finish binding, a Xmas stocking to put together and then back to my economy blocks. Also have our annual quilters auction at guild Saturday. I hope to get rid of a bunch of scraps and come home empty handed.
Old 11-11-2021, 05:33 PM

Hey Heather - thanks again for hosting the most awesome weekend of the month!

I've got so many things on my plate, I'm not sure what I'm going to get done this weekend. I have a pattern for a new quilted sewing caddy/organizer that I desperately need, the one that I have now is working but it's so lightweight that a good, stiff breeze will blow it over. Then I have some cooling/warming pads for my elbow, shoulder and hands that came to me smelling of mildew and mold that I cut into to get the filling out so I could wash the minky to get the smell out and then refill them. I also have my Fall Table Quilt that I have not touched since the last VQW, the block that was on my design wall is still up there.

Before I do all that, though, I have my sewing corner to clean and re-organize. We've been doing a lot of deep cleaning since the last VQW and since I work in the dining room, naturally things were placed in it and stuff is disorganized because I've been doing some soft sculpture sewing. I've got a cottage shaped pincushion to finish, depending on how my hands feel later tonight, I might just finish that.

Trying to keep my VQWs somewhat organized and my goals attainable has been in the forefront of my mind the last few months, so I always make a list of things that needs to get done and then cull it down to three or four goals. Hoping to keep that going and the extra VQW this month might just set me back on schedule for everything else. Just have to pace myself, lol!
Old 11-11-2021, 06:39 PM

Finished- finished a quilt today! It's a gift that needs shipment now. Looked around the house for a box but nothing. We will see what is available at work.

I have 3 more UFOs in the closet but decided to work on a few more box bags- stash and old batting scraps.scrapnot letting myself start in new major projects until the UFOs are caught up - but gift bags and box bags don't count because they're for Christmas!
Old 11-11-2021, 07:11 PM

Thanks for hosting, Heather.

I’ll be working on two pieces that I sandwiched and started quilting before my riding mishap. One is a quilted mandala that I’m coloring with inktense pencils and fabric paints. I’d like to get the coloring finished on that so I can go back and add in some detail quilting using specialty threads. The other one is a doodle quilt that needs a little more quilting with specialty threads and some highlighting with fabric paint before it’s ready to be bound.

looking forward to seeing what everyone else is working on.

Rob
Old 11-11-2021, 09:22 PM

I've been working on an Irish chain with some motifs to fill in a few of the gaps. Not sure how much sewing time I'll have this weekend, but thought if I wrote something here I might be encouraged to carve out a few minutes so I can report progress at the end of the event. :-) Good luck, everyone, with your to-do lists!
Old 11-12-2021, 02:35 AM

Well, I have breathed new life into my Vintage Rose with a lot of new fabric. Have been sewing like crazy since then. Have a daughter coming this morning do some cleaning and scrubbing for a pre-Thanksgiving clean up. Then a son with 2 really cute grandsons at 5:00. My calendar says nothing but sewing for the rest of the weekend. Have brought my featherweight into the family room. Sew a little, iron a little.
Old 11-12-2021, 03:05 AM

Thanks for hosting Heater! I am in and working on my Allietare quilt, I have a lot of cutting left to do for the headless geese. I am looking forward to seeing what everyone is working on.
Old 11-12-2021, 03:49 AM

I am I and looking forward to getting some quilting done as well as some other tasks.

1. Finish final two blocks for my Harriet's Journey quilt
2. Make remaining 5 setting blocks for HJ
3. Start assembling the blocks and adding setting triangles to HJ
4. Catch up on work tasks - online class 1 - 15 Plus Misc.
5. 10 minute clean up of sewing room - just put things back in order from this week's work.
5a Watch the snow falling and the birds at the feeder.

That is enough for this week-end. "Left-overs" will re-appear during our special Thanksgiving Weekend VQW!