Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Virtual quilting weekend 8/14-8/16/20 >

Virtual quilting weekend 8/14-8/16/20

Virtual quilting weekend 8/14-8/16/20

Old 08-13-2020, 04:52 PM

Default Virtual quilting weekend 8/14-8/16/20

Welcome to VQW! What do you plan to work on? I have some hand work that I will hopefully finish finally!

Next VQW is September 4-7
Old 08-13-2020, 05:04 PM

What fun! and here's to a Labor Day VQ Weekend in September.

I have my on-going commitment to my round robin, but for the this weekend my goal is to work on the Frolic UFO I have. I'm almost ready to start putting the sub-units together into blocks. This is my sort of fun, maybe 95% of the subunits have already been done by the person who started this/will get it back. There was a bit of confusion but its back on track now.

Just checked with the hubby, he says he is working Saturday. It may be a bit ambitious but my goal will be to have the 25 blocks completed by the end of the weekend so I can turn my attentions back to the round robin once the latest round arrives.

I also have a couple blocks for a comfort quilt project I need to have done by tomorrow morning. I better get off the computer and back on the sewing machine!

Thanks for hosting and advance thanks for the joining of others I was a solo quilter for a long time but I like working in a group, even virtually.
Old 08-13-2020, 05:57 PM

I have one more round to finish this top. It is an adaptation of Podunk Pretties Bumpkin Pumpkins pattern. I left out some hst and geese because I needed an easy peasy project for a change! Not sure what else I will work on but there IS that pile of tops waiting to be quilted over there...
Attached Thumbnails received_950162222164499.jpeg  
Old 08-13-2020, 06:51 PM

thanks for hosting, RaggieMom! I'll be "half in" as tomorrow is my birthday and daughter and son-in-law bringing out dinner and I'm making cake (Hubs would normally but he's still on walker with knee replacement). Hoping tomorrow afternoon to make us all a new mask using the pattern that stands out from face some. And then Sat.& Sun I want to get a quilt marked for the quilting and also start piecing another quilt .
Old 08-13-2020, 10:23 PM

I’m in. I’ll be working on quilting a large, heavy art quilt and paint/dyeing a piece of fabric for the backing on the big butterfly quilt that I’ve been thread painting during the last three or four VQWs. Looking forward to seeing what everyone else is working on.

Thanks for hosting, raggiemom.

Rob
Old 08-13-2020, 11:59 PM

Mask making for back to school: myself, son and a few friends and colleagues. Also continuing to work on Boomerang quilt (Jaybird quilts pattern). Sadly it will likely be last one before school starts and with the dumpster fire that is 2020 I know I'm going to have my hands full with online teaching. Still - I love-love-love seeing what y'all are up to for the VQW!
Old 08-14-2020, 03:15 AM
Power Poster

I'm working on a braided table runner and the black bias tape is sewn with black thread. It's slow going, just sewing short periods of time each day. I'm also working on 160 masks for school children in our small city. I'm about 1/2 done with those, so on track to finish on time.
Old 08-14-2020, 03:16 AM

I don't know how these always sneak up on me. But I am ready.
1. Finish Pink/Purple orphan block quilt. (sashing, layer, quilt)
2. Layer and sandwich green 2.5" square quilt.
3. Make 6 masks for teachers returning to school.

That is more than what I think I can finish in a week-end, but it does force me to stay focused yet gives me options. All I need to do is find a good long audio book to accompany me while sewing.
Old 08-14-2020, 04:21 AM

I will put a top together. I finally finished the blocks and now will do the setting blocks.
Old 08-14-2020, 04:50 AM

I'm trimming and attaching binding to a Christmas quilt, plan on loading big (90 x 90") triple Irish Chain scrap quilt onto longarm but will need to do something about batting first.