Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Virtual quilting weekend 9/5-9/8/20 >

Virtual quilting weekend 9/5-9/8/20

Virtual quilting weekend 9/5-9/8/20

Old 09-04-2020, 07:03 AM

Working on this scrappy using up a lot of donated 2 1/2 inch blocks. It has not been a quick one to compete. It has been fun though.
Attached Thumbnails 7644%5B1%5D.jpg  
Old 09-04-2020, 07:42 AM

I'm in for the weekend. I have a bin of scraps that need something done with them.
Old 09-04-2020, 08:01 AM

Count me in! So many projects... I have way too many irons in the fire. This weekend, I think that I'll work on piecing together an, "elf," pillow top, start arranging my kaleidoscope quilt pieces and try to finish up a very early quilt that I did years ago. The quilting is terrible, but I'm going to finish it anyway.

Happy Birthday IceBlossom!

~ C
Old 09-04-2020, 09:03 AM

Jeanie, that is a really cute top! I have made one block this morning for my Jane Stickle quilt. I just love paper piecing and learning to love applique (maybe LOL). I'll take pictures for to post later.
Old 09-04-2020, 09:16 AM

Coffee break! Time to pack up the round robin and send it on the next stage of the journey. Before this came to me I was pretty convinced I was going to set it on point with bright medium blues and red and pops of yellow. Then in the center there is a little boat, with my hidden messages in fabric I could not set it sailing forever on stormy seas and had to take away the on-point idea and come up with a new concept.

Looking at what had been done before me, I decided on "soft but pointy" and made a wreath of leaves to circle the dresden "sun" flowers. I debated about switching the colors to green, but in that center there is a narrow band of green with more traditional fabrics on either side, and so that was the way I went.

Picture in the Round Robin thread, here:
2020 June through November Round Robin
Old 09-04-2020, 10:28 AM

This is the incentive I need to finish this Queen Size Drunkard's Path that I have been working on. I only have the binding to do. I can sit on the bed and finish the hand stitching on it. I have 2 sides to sew onto the quilt and then the rest is hand stitching. I figure I should be able to finish it with this longer weekend! Wish me well.
Old 09-04-2020, 10:49 AM

I'm in. Finished my patriotic quilt just in time to find out a grandson who was in line for a wedding quilt is moving to Japan in October. He and new wife got moved up on the list so I don't have to pay postage. Pulled out a UFO - may not be exactly what I would have chosen, but it will work. So I have a head start, but still a long way to go.
Old 09-04-2020, 10:57 AM

I have spent the last week making vinyl covers for the shafts of a horse drawn carriage! What a work out!! Especially since I have no way of making the tube and turning it inside out! So I'm very glad its done and happily received! Now to get back to more 6" blocks for Community quilts!
Old 09-04-2020, 11:50 AM

I see everyone is getting their workout and setting their plans in place, now I should do the same. Thank you Heather for hosting another great VQW and especially this holiday weekend. So hopefully everyone plans are to enjoy this VQW and their holiday weekend.

I plan to work on my sewing machine cabinet that got a little damage on the way to Georgia and then maybe some sewing, first things first

Everyone stay safe and enjoy yourselves

cherryb
Old 09-04-2020, 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by Taughtby Grandma View Post
Working on this scrappy using up a lot of donated 2 1/2 inch blocks. It has not been a quick one to compete. It has been fun though.
Jeanie, that's beautiful! So colorful!

I have yet to get started today, but I'm excited to see what everyone else is doing. I love these weekends!

~ C