Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Virtual Quilting Weekend--Feb 12-15, 2021 >

Virtual Quilting Weekend--Feb 12-15, 2021

Virtual Quilting Weekend--Feb 12-15, 2021

Old 02-13-2021, 09:46 AM

Baby quilt is now labeled and ready to be mailed off to Texas. I had just enough of the fabric collection to plan an on point setting.
Attached Thumbnails fullsizerender-small-.jpg  
Old 02-13-2021, 11:07 AM

That’s very pretty, Thimblebug.

I’m enjoying reading about everyone’s progress on their projects.

I’ve had a busy morning. Managed to get my Debbie Brown Feb. colorblock sandwiched, thread picked out and bobbins wound. If we don’t lose power, I will start ditching it this afternoon. I also set up the work area for coloring my doodle quilt with inktense pencils. This is a UFO that just needs to have the coloring finished up so I can do some accent quilting and painting with lumiere paints on it. I also managed to get three of the birds traced for Helen Godden’s Feathered Friends which was a BOM for 2018. Now I’m taking a bit of a rest. Keep your fingers crossed that we don’t lose power. Right now we’re in the zone scheduled to get as much as 1/2 an inch of ice on top of snow covered trees. So far we’ve got between 1/8 and 1/4 inch and lots of folks have already lost power as tree limbs come down and snap power lines. The line coming into our hose is already pretty well coated and starting to sag a bit. I’ve been holding my breath every time the wind blows them around. Will keep checking in as long as possible.

Rob
Old 02-13-2021, 11:18 AM

Rob I remember one winter in MN two ice storms almost back to back. Chill factor -30. The trees were beautiful but the roads had ruts until spring...it seemed. I hope everything will be OK for you and everyone in the storm's path.
Old 02-13-2021, 03:31 PM

Finished goal #2, binding. The flower fabric is a Hoffman Challenge Fabric. All the fabric was from stash. it's 60x80". It'll go to Comfort Quilts. hoffman-challenge-fabric-quilt-resiz-2mp-crop.jpg
Old 02-13-2021, 03:34 PM

Doing good. I’ve had to back way up on my Vintage Rose. I started it on a retreat and then took it to a second retreat. To much chatting with the girls and not enough really paying attention to what I was doing. It’s ok. Good day sewing, ripping and sewing again. At least I’m making progress on it. It’s become a 3 year old UFO.
Old 02-13-2021, 03:50 PM

Quiltah Mama--glad you found us!

Panchita--Fabricate looks like a lovely shop. Can't wait to see your puffins quilt

Thimblebug6000--glad you had enough fabric, it is so frustrating when you're short just a little.

rryder--hope you don't lose power. We're supposed to get a storm here Sunday night into Tuesday afternoon. Mostly snow but could be some ice/sleet also. Won't be a good combination.

I finished my mystery quilt top and it's ready to go to longarmer next week. I do most of my own quilting but not queen sized! Didn't get my wool applique projects prepped but did pick up and put away some things in my sewing room.

Will check back in later. Going to watch Thor now
Old 02-13-2021, 05:12 PM

It's fun reading about all the progress being made and seeing the photos. Here is my progress so far. Three rows to go.
Attached Thumbnails 20210213_194819_resized.jpg  
Old 02-13-2021, 05:23 PM

Rob--totally thinking warm, electric thoughts for you! Nothing worse than ice! We are expecting sub zero temps though Tues night with deathly wind chills. My old gelding is not unhappy at all to a rug and hot mash 2x a day. While he can go in/out of the barn at will, he likes to huddle in the woods instead.

Son and his friend and my 3 g-boys came down today to return my car which he'd had for about due to his being stolen (found but had been damaged) and his wife's car being rear ended and totaled. Was so fun to see them as it had been since early Jan and then just for a quick meet up in a truck stop half way between. So basically got no sewing or quilting done today (although did some cleaning before they got here). Tomorrow back to the ribbons and marking the Judy Niemeyer--it's the Sunflower Illusion one.
Old 02-13-2021, 05:35 PM

Got the center blocks pieced on the LeMoyne. Have all the borders picked out. And it's supposed to snow in my area tomorrow so ...might actually get it done this wkd!
Old 02-14-2021, 03:22 AM

Hey all, thanks for the warm wishes. Our power blinked off and then came back 3 times yesterday. We got more ice over night, and potential for more this morning. Many people in our neighborhood have lost power. Not sure how ours has managed to stay on. Fingers crossed!

Quiltingshortimer-trees instead of barn- isn’t that just like a horse LOL! We’re down to just Smokey since we lost our 35 year old gelding (Tinker) this past October. Smokey gets a seriously thick winter coat and his favorite thing to do if not blanketed is to find the nearest mud puddle (in above freezing weather) and throw himself into it for a thorough roll around- really hard to get partly dried mud out of winter coat!

Got three of the 30 blocks ditched on my Sweet Sixteen yesterday before the power going off and on convinced me to switch to coloring my doodle quilt. Not fond of ditching, since it’s something I struggle with, but I decided to do these monthly color block quilts in order to force myself to practice staying in the ditch!

Stay warm everyone!

Rob