Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Virtual Quilting Weekend--Jan 17-20, 2020 >

Virtual Quilting Weekend--Jan 17-20, 2020

Virtual Quilting Weekend--Jan 17-20, 2020

Old 01-19-2020, 04:37 PM

I got the blocks cut yesterday for the quilt I bought fabric for on Friday. Last night I laid them out in a couple different designs and took pictures of them, I will show them to the lady who ordered it and let her pick which one she likes. I got 12 sets baby wash clothes turned right side out while watching the football game this afternoon. I didnt get as much time at the sewing machine as I had hoped, but got lots done despite in the studio. I finished all my pillows finally(sewn, stuffed and stitched closed, and lint rolled to clean off the stuffing dandruff), got all the baby burp clothes paired up and right sides together and organized in piles, ready for sewing, organized yarn, emptied my old cutting station and set up the new one, then finally cleaned the studio up. I have good intentions of sewing, but had some odds and ends that needed to be done, and that's ok with me, it was productive, and I was in my studio.

I did check in earlier today on here, lots of work getting done, love looking at what everyone is working on. Great weekend, looking forward to the next one.
Old 01-19-2020, 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by Raggiemom View Post
I’m so happy—I finished my five table runners which were my January ufo challenge. Tomorrow I have three blocks from a couple block of the months to catch up on and hopefully pull fabric for two projects. It looks like lots of work is getting done

if there is interest, I will do one of these Super Bowl Sunday. For those who pay no attention to football, that would be February 2 😃.

I would be interested in a VQW for Super Bowl Sunday, I don't do football when the Kansas Chiefs are playing

Cherryb

Last edited by cherrybsixty; 01-19-2020 at 05:20 PM. Reason: sorry no need for a correction
Old 01-19-2020, 05:35 PM

if there is interest, I will do one of these Super Bowl Sunday. For those who pay no attention to football, that would be February 2 😃.
I would be interested in participating too! I don't do football although I will pay attention to see who wins, and I watch the half-time show when it's loaded online.
Old 01-20-2020, 02:27 AM

I’m so happy—I finished my five table runners which were my January ufo challenge. Tomorrow I have three blocks from a couple block of the months to catch up on and hopefully pull fabric for two projects. It looks like lots of work is getting done

way to go on finishing your UFOs! Post them on the UFO challenge and send Zozee a PM telling her how many you finished- itkll help,us meet our group goal!

I’m interested in a VQW for Super Bowl Sunday!

thanks for hosting this one

Rob
Old 01-20-2020, 04:21 AM

Quiltah mama, I did the same as you yesterday, I drew diagonal lines on many 2 1/2 squares while watching NFL playoffs.

Nakuna, I would love to see your Traffic Jam quilt...my girlfriend made one and it turned out splendidly. I have printed the instructions for later use.

Since I have been unsuccessful in posting my own photos, here is the pattern I worked on this VQW. I got the inner borders sewn on and have pieced the outer borders to attach today. I am making the queen size 87x111

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...e1jzkl-ewz8bKW
Old 01-20-2020, 04:48 AM

I am a lifelong Chiefs fan and even though we are going to the Super Bowl, I'm interested in a VQW. Game doesn't last all weekend, lol
Old 01-20-2020, 05:04 AM

Update: Wall-hanging done, meeting with friend to sew at church. Need color consultation (if you know what I mean!)
Old 01-20-2020, 05:11 AM

I did not get the UFO out, I did not find the one I am looking for. Shows it is buried very deeply. However I did get a lot of sewing done. I made 8 blocks and have another 8 laid out on the floor right now to be pieced together. I will continue working on them today. Then I will go back and keep looking for the UFO I want so badly. I will get it ready for the next VQW.
Old 01-20-2020, 08:14 AM

Congrats to everyone who made progress or even *finished* some ufo's! I hit the wall after I made another design change (slight, but it required some ripping) so I'm hoping tonight will finish the piecing.

Raggiemom - thanks for the reminder, I always go food shopping on Super Bowl...the stores are basically empty, ha! I'm of course in for another VQ!

Oh, and Go Cubs, Go!
Old 01-20-2020, 08:22 AM

I'm always up for a VQW!