Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Virtual Quilting Weekend--New Years Eve 2022 >

Virtual Quilting Weekend--New Years Eve 2022

Virtual Quilting Weekend--New Years Eve 2022

Old 01-01-2023, 03:51 PM

So finished the binding on PL quilt #5 that I will turn in on Jan 13. Working on PIG that first thoughtit was a What Was I Thinking project. Now that it's aged, gonna sew in up into dif lay out and hopefully be able to add it to the pile. Good feeling to get rid of fab and projects and add to the pile of quilts for sick kids.
Old 01-01-2023, 04:58 PM

Hope everyone has had a pleasant Sunday. I did a little organizing in the sewing room this afternoon but not as much as I should have! Still should finish tomorrow though. Will check back in tomorrow 🙂
Old 01-01-2023, 05:00 PM

Finished putting the EPP stars into a top. Now I just have to finish taking all the papers out and put some borders on it. Here's the top and also the fabric I want to use for the border.
Attached Thumbnails 50dc8bcd-0a37-4ca4-a2b7-dcf3195629fd.jpeg   d35719ee-75f4-4cdd-905f-186df78aefa8.jpeg  
Old 01-01-2023, 07:08 PM

Love pictures. Does VQW end today or tomorrow?

As to my goals, caught up on Bonnie Hunter Mystery. Pictures are in that thread under “challenges “.

The other was to sew together quilt on design wall. That’s become a pain in the #*$$. I’ve picked the pieces off the floor way too many times. Finally pinned them all to the design wall. Sewing together, a job for tomorrow, and the next, and the next, and over again aud nausea. I refuse defeat. I will triumph.
Old 01-02-2023, 02:18 AM

Beautiful projects everyone. Didn’t get the center sewn on my project but decided to continue working on border units instead. I may spend a little more time sewing today, but work may take precedent since it is the end of the year, so much paperwork to do!
Old 01-02-2023, 04:21 AM

Yesterday I went to the quilt studio with the intent on starting a new project...... Low and behold three hours later, no project started, but a room rearranged and spotless clean. I've been trying to rearrange in my head, how to have my cricut machine, heat press, tools, and supplies all together, it finally came to me Saturday night so while it was still fresh yesterday, I did the rearranging to that needed to happen to accomplish it. After lunch I started the new project, rope bowls. This morning I have one about half done, going to be able to sew today.🥰 I will check back in later and see what everyone got accomplished this weekend, Heather, you sure know how to motivate people with these weekends.😁
Old 01-02-2023, 04:55 AM

VQW goes thru Monday

Originally Posted by petthefabric View Post
Love pictures. Does VQW end today or tomorrow?

As to my goals, caught up on Bonnie Hunter Mystery. Pictures are in that thread under “challenges “.

The other was to sew together quilt on design wall. That’s become a pain in the #*$$. I’ve picked the pieces off the floor way too many times. Finally pinned them all to the design wall. Sewing together, a job for tomorrow, and the next, and the next, and over again aud nausea. I refuse defeat. I will triumph.
Old 01-02-2023, 09:27 AM

I didn’t get as far as hoped for. I got unexpected guests. I’m not sure how long she will be here. I thought I was going to have to buy backing for this quilt. But, I found a piece big enough in my stash. These prints were from a panel given to me
Attached Thumbnails fcb7569a-a08e-4cd2-bb84-bd9e466c1f40.jpeg  
Old 01-02-2023, 09:32 AM

I got the quilting done on my Crosswinds quilt and have the binding stitched to the front. Just need to finish hand stitching it to the back. I also got all the paper pieced pieces for the Sunflower Illusions quilt put on the design wall and figured out which ones got with which, so now I just need to make 30 blocks out of the 60 curved pieces.

Rob
Old 01-02-2023, 01:30 PM

Finished the top for my first 2.5 donation quilt of the 2023 year! I need to seek out a backing and then will quilt and move it to the donation bin. The measurement is 48X56 approximately (It needs a final press and measurement), used 336 2.5" squares from my squares collection, and all other fabric is from my stash.

No more big projects for the VQW. Perhaps some experimental blocks and samples for quilt-a-longs.

Attached Thumbnails 2023-01-02-donaation-48x56-336-2.5-sq..jpg