Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Waaaa! *sniff sniff* too late

Blog Entries
    Boo Hoo, am I alone in this?? I'm always, well nearly always, too late for those fabulous sales on here. Such great offers, and Rats! someone just got it!

Gritting teeth, going back for another trolling of the sales, click click click.

Blog Entries
    Always happens to me--and not only here--on ebay, freecycle--everything! :cry:

Blog Entries
    See!!?? And here we are lurking to catch the postings hot off the press, and STILL they slip away!
    Oh well, I'm still hanging in there, maybe the next one will be mine :lol: :lol:

Not addicting or anything is it.

It has happened to me, too. How do these others get in ahead of us? I've gotten enough good deals, though, to make up for some of the missed ones.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by virtualbernie
    Always happens to me--and not only here--on ebay, freecycle--everything! :cry:
    Me too!

I know what you mean. I'm at work and miss them. I'll cry with you. Sigh

i hear you there. i sure hate missing some of the beautiful fabric they sell on here.

wait i will send you a hankie, as soon as they dry!!! LOL

I know what you mean. I'm starting to fall behind on my cleaning and sleep because I keep missing sales when I do those. :lol: I try to check more often, but then again I spend more money on supplies now that I didn't before because I have become so addicted. I guess I need to actually start sewing the fabric into something so that hubby doesn't notice ;)

Quote Originally Posted by brookemarie19
    I know what you mean. I'm starting to fall behind on my cleaning and sleep because I keep missing sales when I do those. :lol: I try to check more often, but then again I spend more money on supplies now that I didn't before because I have become so addicted. I guess I need to actually start sewing the fabric into something so that hubby doesn't notice ;)
    me too.

Quote Originally Posted by tooMuchFabric
    Boo Hoo, am I alone in this?? I'm always, well nearly always, too late for those fabulous sales on here. Such great offers, and Rats! someone just got it!

Gritting teeth, going back for another trolling of the sales, click click click.
    LOL oh no :) Well it isn't on this site but Missouri Quilting Co deal of the day is a free charm pack :) Can't beat that sale.

I miss most of them too. I work days (except this week) by the time I get home and do everything I need to do for the day I can sometimes get on for 1 hour before bedtime but with everyone posting during the day I miss alot. Dial-up doesn't help either. Pictures load so slow.

Quote Originally Posted by LovinMySoldier
    Quote Originally Posted by tooMuchFabric

LOL oh no :) Well it isn't on this site but Missouri Quilting Co deal of the day is a free charm pack :) Can't beat that sale.
    I keep trying to go there, but for some reason that site doesnt like my computer :( Maybe next time...

Blog Entries
    I made it first once this summer, and was so pleased to be able to get something I had always wanted. Sadly the two items never arrived, and I have just had my claim upheld on Pay Pal.

They really do move fast on this board. I posted some scraps for sale late night and had about four replies in less than 20 minutes.
    I am always too late because I work and it seems like a lot of sales are already done by the time I get off work. I like seeing good prices on patterns. One way is to post a request, often you will get a reply. I have requested patterns a few times and folks come through and I do see folks post fabric requests and several folks reply.

There are always two sides to everything. I am on the other boat. I always see the adds on time and on occasion have been the first one to request a freebie. Not often, but real good ones I must admit. My problem is that I see a post within minutes, sometimes seconds, with great fabrics, cutting systems, kits, etc and I don't have the money to get it, because I have no job, which is the reason I am here so much to begin with. See the cycle? If you have a job you are too late, if you are unemployed you are too broke. I am sure there is a happy medium, like retirement, but I need a job for that first.

Maria, stop whining.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LovinMySoldier

I can't get it to load right now. Must be high demand.

I have been lucky a few times however I almost hate looking because there are so many fabrics "To die for" and I have a very strict budget to adhere to. I was able to trade two yards of fabric for a book earlier this week. That was fun.

Blog Entries
    I see we are all in good company then, You know, misery and all that!
    :lol: :roll: :lol: :roll: :mrgreen:

I'm always late & a dollar short too! LOL That is ok though because my time is coming! Good luck next time!

As a fellow Texan I feel the same way. I figured most of the people who get there first must stay up 24/7. I look for hours and I am always late too.