Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
We have a Hobby Lobby store coming to our town >

We have a Hobby Lobby store coming to our town

We have a Hobby Lobby store coming to our town

Old 07-29-2010, 03:52 AM

I too love Hobby Lobby, and so do my girls. I find thier prices better than Michaels for craft items. While I normally buy my fabric from quilt shops I buy many notions here and they carry Warm & White/Natural battings. It's a very fun store to browse. Enjoy.
Old 07-29-2010, 04:13 AM

you can also print off a coupon for 40% off a single item almost every week. Some weeks its for a specific item....like unfinished wood frames or something but most of the time its for anything.
Old 07-29-2010, 06:32 AM
Power Poster

I love walking around Hobby Lobby. My sis can get any yarn she wants there. They have some fabric and notions. Some of it is so cute. And you can find any craft item you might want.
Old 07-29-2010, 06:56 AM

I like Hobby Lobby a lot - you just have to remember to not go on a Sunday and always know what is or isn't on sale. They don't have scanners and enter everything in by hand and if the cashier doesn't know it's on sale, you could miss out on the savings... I have been lucky though and not have had a cashier miss out on a sale but I have heard others who have been less fortunate.

I do like my Hobby Lobby a lot :)
Old 07-29-2010, 07:00 AM

Waaayyyy WAAAAYYYYY better than JoAnn's IMHO :) They started in OK, corporate HQ in Oklahoma City. They're Christian owned and their employees are treated very well. They start at $10 an hour. Last Christmas, for a bonus, all employees received $100 for every year they've worked there. I know several who've been happily employed by Hobby Lobby for many years.

I've found their home decor fabrics selection to be fabulous. They carry Debbie Mumm Fabrics and I enjoy those. Their home decor section is wonderful and they very often have 50% off all wall decor or lamps, for example. I can always find things I love for my home. It truly is one of my favorite stores and I think you'll enjoy having one in your town :)
Old 07-29-2010, 07:06 AM

the home decor is AMAZING!!! they have MAN crafts also! all sorts of painting and art. minitures. model cars. coin collecting.
BEADS! scrapbook. LOTS of kids crafts! and did I mention the home decor???

they dont have as BIG of a fabric selection as Joann but they have current styles! and the prints are to die for!!!
they also have weekly coupons that they email to you and you print. be sure to sign up for these on the website.

:D HAVE FUN :D
Old 07-29-2010, 07:21 AM

We have a Hobby Lobby store in Bismarck. Love their fabric and craft areas! I buy lots of my material from there. :)
Old 07-29-2010, 07:42 AM

Originally Posted by NikkiLu
The Hobby Lobby's around here occupy the old WalMart store buildings - that is how big they are! They do have a very nice fabric department - look for the sales. But their biggest selection is their crafts - everything imaginable. Lots of home dec. items though - but huge selections of seasonal home dec. items - Christmas, Easter, etc. They are not open on Sunday's - religous reasons. Look for their coupons in the Sunday papers - somethings are always on sale.

HTH
Some time you can get a coupon of the web for 40% one item only if it is not on sale. That is when I buy a big item. Like the selfhearling mat.
Old 07-29-2010, 08:30 AM

Love Hobby Lobby stores. You can sign up on line and receive their weekly coupons, usually 40% to 50% off..
Old 07-29-2010, 02:07 PM

Did I mention most of the Hobby Lobby's I've visited carry the Minky Chenille? There's a large Hobby Lobby warehouse (huge discounts) in Oklahoma City that I plan to visit next week while visiting my daughter and son in-law and am soooo hoping they have some there :)