Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4
Results 76 to 82 of 82

Thread: Well I am going to do I am buyin a new sewing machine

  1. #76
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Bridgewater, MA
    Posts
    97
    Quote Originally Posted by Maybe1day
    My Horizon that my parents bought me for Christmas is still sitting in its box :oops:
    When I do a little sewing though I will sit there and admire it though for what seems like ages. Still too frightened to take it out and use it though. Hope you enjoy yours when you get her, what fun you will be able to have then :D
    Do your parents want to adopt me?

  2. #77
    Senior Member Maybe1day's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    835
    Quote Originally Posted by BethD

    Do your parents want to adopt me?
    I know it is shameful :oops: my friend and the ladies from my LQS all want to be adopted too :lol:
    I am going to the LQS for a lesson on their demo Horizon this Wed and then I might not feel so intimidated about taking her out for a run.

    Maybe1day

  3. #78
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Bridgewater, MA
    Posts
    97
    Quote Originally Posted by Maybe1day
    Quote Originally Posted by BethD

    Do your parents want to adopt me?
    I know it is shameful :oops: my friend and the ladies from my LQS all want to be adopted too :lol:
    I am going to the LQS for a lesson on their demo Horizon this Wed and then I might not feel so intimidated about taking her out for a run.

    Maybe1day
    Take it for a test run! It still sews a straight stitch just like any other machine. You can always learn the bells and whistles later. You won't regret it!

  4. #79
    Senior Member Quiltmaniac2010's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    British Columbia, Canada
    Posts
    961
    Quote Originally Posted by BethD
    Quote Originally Posted by Maybe1day
    Quote Originally Posted by BethD

    Do your parents want to adopt me?
    I know it is shameful :oops: my friend and the ladies from my LQS all want to be adopted too :lol:
    I am going to the LQS for a lesson on their demo Horizon this Wed and then I might not feel so intimidated about taking her out for a run.

    Maybe1day
    Take it for a test run! It still sews a straight stitch just like any other machine. You can always learn the bells and whistles later. You won't regret it!
    I'm with BethD!!! Take it for a spin - you won't be sorry!! It is an amazing machine - the more I use it, the more I realize what it can do. My dad always told me to buy a new car "loaded" because if I didn't, I would always be wishing I had this or that option. This Horizon is loaded and will do anything you want it to in the way of sewing and quilting. It does do decorative stitches, but not like a dedicated embroidery machine does. You are SO lucky to have received it as a gift!! Watch the DVD that comes with it - it gives you a really good overview of the features. Good luck and keep us posted!!

  5. #80
    Senior Member Quiltmaniac2010's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    British Columbia, Canada
    Posts
    961
    Quote Originally Posted by BethD
    Quote Originally Posted by Maybe1day
    Quote Originally Posted by BethD

    Do your parents want to adopt me?
    I know it is shameful :oops: my friend and the ladies from my LQS all want to be adopted too :lol:
    I am going to the LQS for a lesson on their demo Horizon this Wed and then I might not feel so intimidated about taking her out for a run.

    Maybe1day
    Take it for a test run! It still sews a straight stitch just like any other machine. You can always learn the bells and whistles later. You won't regret it!
    I'm with BethD!!! Take it for a spin - you won't be sorry!! It is an amazing machine - the more I use it, the more I realize what it can do. My dad always told me to buy a new car "loaded" because if I didn't, I would always be wishing I had this or that option. This Horizon is loaded and will do anything you want it to in the way of sewing and quilting. It does do decorative stitches, but not like a dedicated embroidery machine does. You are SO lucky to have received it as a gift!! Watch the DVD that comes with it - it gives you a really good overview of the features. Good luck and keep us posted!!

  6. #81
    Super Member purplefiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Round Rock,Texas
    Posts
    6,134
    Quote Originally Posted by JONIE
    have fun thats what i said when i bought my VIKING DESIGNER SE...still have way too much fabric. i think im a fabriacholic....need FA...LOL
    I have the Viking Sapphire 875. I love my machine, its got
    a 10" throat and like using it for machine quilting.
    I confess I have a herd of sewing machines. :lol:

  7. #82
    Super Member purplefiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Round Rock,Texas
    Posts
    6,134
    Quote Originally Posted by Maybe1day
    My Horizon that my parents bought me for Christmas is still sitting in its box :oops:
    When I do a little sewing though I will sit there and admire it though for what seems like ages. Still too frightened to take it out and use it though. Hope you enjoy yours when you get her, what fun you will be able to have then :D
    Maybe1day,
    A sewing machine gets very depressed when their new Mommy leaves them in a dark box. Give yourself permission to use your new toy! You'll have fun getting to know your new machine. :-D

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.