Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
westalee templates? >

westalee templates?

westalee templates?

Old 03-09-2017, 09:52 AM
Power Poster

You absolutely need to put something under the rulers to help with grip. Otherwise it's a slippery proposition.

I like Amy's first class the best. The second one was OK but for me there wasn't enough new information.
Old 03-09-2017, 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by MadQuilter View Post
You absolutely need to put something under the rulers to help with grip. Otherwise it's a slippery proposition.

I like Amy's first class the best. The second one was OK but for me there wasn't enough new information.
Thanks - that is good to know!!
Old 03-18-2017, 07:39 PM

JeanieG I had the same problem with the Westlee foot. If I lower it enough to to stop breakage I can,t get it to sew over any seams. I noticed that a lot of long arm ruler foots seem to hop slightly and the original brother foot hops slightly and works better. If you go to All Brands you can get a Juki ruler foot that has a spring on it so it hops slightly. It also has a thumb screw so you can adjust the hop. It works much much better than the non hopping westlee foot and you can hop over most seams. I still get some skipped stitches and thread breakage more than I do with th original foot but much better than others and I just got it so if I work on the adjustments a bit I think I can get it to work well. If you can't find it pm me and I can give you the part#
Old 03-18-2017, 09:40 PM

Oreo - I seem to be doing pretty well after I made the changes listed on previous pages. The thread still breaks occasionally when sewing from left to right. I am enjoying the Craftsy classes and have learned a lot. I like to learn new things. Thanks for the suggestions.
Old 03-19-2017, 12:51 PM
Power Poster

I read somewhere that each machine has one direction it doesn't like so much. For mine it is a straight FMQ backwards. That is not a good path with many broken threads and many bad words. So I try to avoid that road. Yours might be left-to-right challenged, JeanieG.