Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
what do you do with more than 1 machine? >

what do you do with more than 1 machine?

what do you do with more than 1 machine?

Old 06-22-2011, 06:33 PM

Ok so I just got my Janome 6500 today and I love it! I am thinking of packing up my brother CS-6000 because the Janome does everything the brother does and more. This leads me to think about the Singer Stylist I got last week and is in prestine condition... it doesn't even look like it's been used! This one is in my closet and I feel sad that it's lonley in there like i should be sewing on it. I wonder if I should have just got the darning plate and used that one for the bigger throat space and quilted on that machine? Why do I feel guilty about having 3 machines? Should I sell the other 2 and just have the Janome 6500?
Old 06-22-2011, 06:35 PM

Always good to keep a "back-up" I have my Pfaff in the garage, easily found when needed. I have an old singer out there too that was boxed up 20 years ago and I have not seen the box since shortly after moving to this house 17 years ago. I'm sure it's still there. I may give a machine to a daughter eventually.
Old 06-22-2011, 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by Jim's Gem
Always good to keep a "back-up" I have my Pfaff in the garage, easily found when needed. I have an old singer out there too that was boxed up 20 years ago and I have not seen the box since shortly after moving to this house 17 years ago. I'm sure it's still there. I may give a machine to a daughter eventually.
that's a good point! i have 2 kids who want to quilt someday and this way I have 2 machines to give one each if I need to :) Maybe the Brother would be a good one to bring to classes too if I want to take more :)
Old 06-22-2011, 06:38 PM
Power Poster

I have to agree. A backup machine is a must. Keep it where you can find it.
Old 06-22-2011, 06:39 PM
Banned

Remember the more the merrier, I have 19 that I use regularly in my studio depending on the mood I am in. Of course they are all treadle powered but I have the central treadle that I can pop which ever machine in that I want. That is not including the ones that I never use that are in my collection in the house nor the ones that are awaiting restoration and added to the collection.

Billy

Just a few of them
[ATTACH=CONFIG]215468[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-215462.jpe  
Old 06-22-2011, 06:50 PM
Power Poster

Piece and quilt!?!?
Old 06-22-2011, 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by Lostn51
Remember the more the merrier, I have 19 that I use regularly in my studio depending on the mood I am in. Of course they are all treadle powered but I have the central treadle that I can pop which ever machine in that I want. That is not including the ones that I never use that are in my collection in the house nor the ones that are awaiting restoration and added to the collection.

Billy
wow your machines are so pretty! I want to pet them all :)
Old 06-22-2011, 07:00 PM

Especially since you have kids who want to sew... keep them!! Last week I had 2 six year olds sewing at the same time... and if I had another spool of thread (still haven't bought more thread) to piece with I could have still worked on my own projects... Seems like it's when I get most productive on something my daughter wants to sew most.
Old 06-22-2011, 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by shnnn
Especially since you have kids who want to sew... keep them!! Last week I had 2 six year olds sewing at the same time... and if I had another spool of thread (still haven't bought more thread) to piece with I could have still worked on my own projects... Seems like it's when I get most productive on something my daughter wants to sew most.
that's true. my daughter just said today "now we can both sew at the same time" so I guess I better keep the brother set up since it has slow speed :)
Old 06-22-2011, 07:04 PM

Back up when ones in the shop for servicing or repairs, or use one for another project when you don't want to change feet, brother could be for classes because it is smaller and more easy to transport, just some thoughts