Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What do you make with your embroidery machine? >

What do you make with your embroidery machine?

What do you make with your embroidery machine?

Old 08-14-2011, 08:13 AM
Power Poster

I have that feature on my machine but have never used it. Bought the Pfaff 2134 and the store, Fabric Place, where I bought to from closed down so I never received any lessons either on the machine or the embroidery. Bummer :thumbdown:
Old 08-14-2011, 08:14 AM

I make quilts and table runners. I love it
Mary in TX

Originally Posted by nance-ell
I've noticed that a lot of you own an embroidery machine or a sewing/embroidery combo. How often do you use embroidery and for what? Do you embellish quilts? Decorate clothing, household goods, totes and bags? DH keeps telling me I need an embroidery machine, but I'm really not sure it would get that much use. Pics of all your handiwork are greatly appreciated! :-)
Attached Thumbnails attachment-241626.jpe  
Old 08-14-2011, 08:31 AM

Originally Posted by Annz
I have that feature on my machine but have never used it. Bought the Pfaff 2134 and the store, Fabric Place, where I bought to from closed down so I never received any lessons either on the machine or the embroidery. Bummer :thumbdown:
My Brother SE350 was bought at WalMart, and my PE770 was bought from Amazon, so I never had lessons either - I am teaching myself through web sites. It would be nice to find a few classes to spur me on but with living in the sticks, it is hard to do. The store where I bought my Pfaff (love it) sewing machine has embroidery classes but they are 35 miles away and wanted a $140 fee up front to join their club? Classes still cost beyond that as well as supplies. I'll keep teaching myself through internet tutorials. :-)

Marysewfun

Marysewfun
Old 08-14-2011, 08:33 AM

Wow Janet, that makes me want to get my embroidery maching going again. That is beautiful :)
Old 08-14-2011, 08:34 AM

Wow, how long did it take to make the pictures??
Old 08-14-2011, 08:35 AM

Go for it Carol :)
Old 08-14-2011, 08:36 AM

Another sad story, mine collects dust. For shame, but there is hope...
Old 08-14-2011, 08:52 AM

Well I do embroidery on t-shirts, demin shirts, bags, kitchen towels. Just did a jacket back for the DH. Lots of things for all holidays. Quilt lables too! I have the Bernina 830, its a wonderful SM
Old 08-14-2011, 09:09 AM

Originally Posted by nance-ell
I've noticed that a lot of you own an embroidery machine or a sewing/embroidery combo. How often do you use embroidery and for what? Do you embellish quilts? Decorate clothing, household goods, totes and bags? DH keeps telling me I need an embroidery machine, but I'm really not sure it would get that much use. Pics of all your handiwork are greatly appreciated! :-)
My avatar is a commissioned Sunbonnet Sue quilt that I embroidered, I've done kitchen, bath, & golf towels. All my quilt labels, monogrammed pillowcases, purses, cosmetic bags. Embellished purchased t shirts, sweatshirts, etc. I was a beta tester for a famous embroidery designer, I had many, many denim blocks that I had test sewn. My first quilt was putting all these together, rag style - it turned out very cool.
I'll add some pics of other quilts I've done.
Judi

80th birthday present
[ATTACH=CONFIG]241671[/ATTACH]

my fav set of emb designs
[ATTACH=CONFIG]241672[/ATTACH]

one of my labels
[ATTACH=CONFIG]241673[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-241665.jpe   attachment-241666.jpe   attachment-241667.jpe  
Old 08-14-2011, 09:13 AM

Originally Posted by Marysewfun
Originally Posted by butter14562
I love mine. I have the older model Janome mc 10001. I make place mats, table runners.covers for my mixer,toaster, ect. I need to learn to posts pictures.I have so many thing in my head to embroider I'll never get them done.Go to embroidery library they have a show case that people send in what they make with their designs
And LOADS of tutorials there - great place www.emblibrary.com. Get on their mailing list and each week you also receive special price sales like $1 per pattern, or spend $10 and get $5 off at checkout, etc. Their designs are really good - I did run into a density problem but I am working on that - as to whether it is me or the pattern.

There are also lots of free and minimal cost patterns on the internet to download and stitch out - I love mine!

Marysewfun :D
The density problem is not you - all of their designs are dense. If you have editing software, just increase the size by a small amount and keep the stitch count the same and they sew out great.