Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What does the Quilting Police look like? >

What does the Quilting Police look like?

What does the Quilting Police look like?

Old 10-17-2011, 02:07 PM

I think she looks like this woman I keep meeting at the cutting table who feels my fabric and informs me that the fabric I have chosen is too thin for a "quality" quilt. The fabrics that I chose don't seem to blend as well as she thinks they should either, and the fabric is all wrong for the pattern that I am using. She has burgundy hair and zebra striped glasses, two inch nails and a king sized quilted purse. I wish I could plan my shoping trips better so that I could avoid her all together. :roll:
Old 10-17-2011, 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by babyfireo4
Hmmm.... I always picture them as really strict librarians with the "eagle eye" that finds every minor fault and holds a magnifying glass just in case they don't see an error right away ;)
SCARY!! This looks like the profile pics of one of QB's members. She also looks like one of the more stern Fairy Godmothers people were creating
Old 10-17-2011, 02:19 PM
Power Poster

Very scary
Old 10-17-2011, 02:24 PM

Mine was a little more ummm "healthy" looking and she added the usual....what machine did you use, well blah, blah, blah works sooooo much better...and what thread did you use...well mumble, mumble, mumble is a much better brand, and you bought your fabric at a yard sale....well I never!!! Yep, blah, blah, blah, and mumble, mumble, mumble, and oh yeah, I KNOW YOU never.....that's why she's the quilt po-po, and I'm not

:P :P :P
Old 10-17-2011, 02:28 PM

I quit going to our local group because they criticized my shortcuts-

haha, I just realized it really is a shortcut when you fold your fabric four times and cut across the WOF with a short ruler!!!
Old 10-17-2011, 02:55 PM

I am not sure but I don't show my quilts tops anyone. I am afraid I might run into one :lol:
Old 10-17-2011, 03:01 PM
dd

Don't be afraid of them. They probably had someone pick on their quilts too when they were starting out so they feel the need to pick on everyone elses. Do they show their quilts? hmmm? Remember when you can't say what you really want to say, just thank them and tell them to have a nice day. Gets them every time.haha
Old 10-17-2011, 03:03 PM
Power Poster

I know they look over the top of their glasses at about three or four inches from a quilt!
Old 10-17-2011, 03:05 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by sewmuchmore
I am not sure but I don't show my quilts tops anyone. I am afraid I might run into one :lol:
Wouldn't it be fun to make a small very bad quilt and show it off proudly to everyone just to see the response you get.
Maybe on April fools day!

PS don't ever be shy about your work, show it off and be proud of every stitch. I work with alot of women who tell me all the time that they could never do what I do and I tell them they are absolutly right, 'cause they never try. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Old 10-17-2011, 03:09 PM
Banned

:lol: :lol: :lol: These are all SO FUNNY! Very good descriptions ladies & gents.

I've also heard them start off with "Wellllll......Bless your heart".......if you had just.....