Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What have you made or bought anything since you found this Quilting Board site from reading messages! >

What have you made or bought anything since you found this Quilting Board site from reading messages!

What have you made or bought anything since you found this Quilting Board site from reading messages!

Old 07-05-2010, 08:28 PM

I have bought several vintage sewing machines in the past couple months. I would never have know just how wonderful they are with out this board.
Old 07-05-2010, 09:02 PM

I totally agree with Jackie, The QB has been my retreat over the past few weeks and there are so many members that have encouraged me and helped my in several ways from fabric donations and some of the tools I needed and did not have. The tututorial on the QB have been great for a newbie and all the information the QB members post is even better.

I would like to thank everyone for their kindness, thoughtfulness and prayers for my family over the past couple of months. They thank you also, if I can get my daughter to make up her mind on the design for the new quilt we are working on I will post some beginning pictures for you to see what we are doing maybe or hopefully before this week is up.

I also hope to finish old blue grey soon since I work on it after my daughter has gone to sleep,
( I get more done this way). Don't tell her though.
Old 07-05-2010, 09:03 PM

I bought batiks from Roberta & the "Swish" Bargello pattern from Danmar & I just bought a couple of books. I have a list of patterns I want to try. I made a baby quilt from the Brasstown Star challenge (I will post pictures after I get it quilted). I have donated fabric & supplies to a couple of board members & feel like I have found many friends! I wish I could meet you all in person!
Old 07-05-2010, 09:14 PM
Power Poster

What haven't I bought? Someone will say how great a new tool or book is and I will be hooked. My latest purchase from posters is the Steady Betty. OMGosh, it is nice!
Old 07-05-2010, 09:23 PM

I only joined this board 2 days ago, and have never made a large quilt - only small quickie wall hangings. Too scared of failure, I think. After reading the Quick Jelly Roll quilt tutorial, I'm off to buy a jelly roll tomorrow. Can't wait to start. Everyone here is so inspirational and I have seen lots of quilts I covet and plan to make. Thanks everyone.
Old 07-05-2010, 10:09 PM
Google Goddess

What is a Steady Betty???

Originally Posted by BellaBoo
What haven't I bought? Someone will say how great a new tool or book is and I will be hooked. My latest purchase from posters is the Steady Betty. OMGosh, it is nice!
Old 07-05-2010, 10:24 PM

Originally Posted by craftybear
What is a Steady Betty???

Originally Posted by BellaBoo
http://www.steadybetty.com/
Old 07-05-2010, 10:29 PM

I have made the OBW, the D9P, and just finished a jeans and flannel rag quilt. I have started to do FMQ and still a little nervous about it. I have searched out some new quilting friends and we are getting together tomorrow evening to sew at my house. I have taken a couple of classes at my LQS. I would never have done any of this without this board. I am going out of my comfort zone and I feel VERY GOOD about it. Have recieved and paid forward and am just happy with life right now. Thanks to everyone on here who supports each other. Quilters are the greatest!! Penni
Old 07-06-2010, 01:52 AM

I just HAD to get the bow tucks pattern :-)
Old 07-06-2010, 03:21 AM

I'm still trying to figure out how to keep up but I have gained lots of ideas. I bookmark quilts I see and want to try later.

I saw someone made a quilt from scrubs. I went from here to facebook to ask if anyone had any old scrubs they no longer wanted. There were a few so I will be collecting those and then finding a wall hanging pattern to make for the office. I work in the physical therapy program at NIU and this would be great.