Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What is a Shop Hop >

What is a Shop Hop

What is a Shop Hop

Old 06-24-2011, 03:52 PM

There is going to be one near friends. What exacty is it?
Old 06-24-2011, 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by dotcomdtcm
There is going to be one near friends. What exacty is it?
I really am not sure. Except I believe that you go from quilt shop to quilt shop and you get something stamped saying you were there and you put your names in drawings or something. I only do the FABSHOPHOP here on the computer. But I think thats what it is. Someone will surely be able to tell you for sure. I can't do them as I live too far out in the boonies.
Old 06-24-2011, 04:05 PM

Each is a little different, but usually it's a group of shops that band together to offer special deals to their customers on a given weekend. The idea is to travel to each shop. You can usually enter into drawings or pick up free blocks for a sampler quilt at each shop. Sometimes there is a drawing for grand prizes if you visit all of the shops.
Old 06-24-2011, 04:21 PM

The shop hops in Ohio used to be 3 days. You visit assigned stores, usually 10-12 and get your 'passport' stamped. At the last shop you turn in your passport and your put into a drawing for prizes. Each shop has agreed to sponser a certain dollar amount of prizes. Can be fabric, notions, gift certificate or combo of all of the above. Due to the gas prices I can no longer afford to travel all over the state of Ohio. So for the last 2 years, I haven't done them. They are alot of fun to do with a group of people. Usually the shops also have a sale for the people who are doing the shop hop. Something special to entice you to buy, buy, buy. They are alot of fun. We usually take a cooler in the car, load it with subs from subway, pop and snacks. Get in the car and shop till we drop!