Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: What Should You Be Doing Instead of Reading the Boards?

Blog Entries
    I was planning on sewing all day and watching The Quilt Show. My DD called and wants to take grandson on a day trip to daffodil mountain to take Easter pictures. So of course I'm going too.
    Got fabric?

Blog Entries
    It is 7.30am here, most mornings I sit in my favourite arm chair ,coffee at my side and read what all you wonderful talented folk share with the rest of the quilting world, some days it takes hours but who cares, I am also retired, after a very busy life. After two years I have come to know so many of you, this is really the most wonderful board, Thank You Thank You so much,
    to the people who have made this board what it is. I never regret time spent here with my friends

Cleaning out my sewing room, the computer is in here, so here I sit.

I'm being nice and quiet on the computer so my hubby can take a much needed nap. Then I can quilt a camera bag..:-)

Susan

Power Poster
    We all could be doing something else but this is much more fun and educational.

Blog Entries
    I am SUPPOSED to be moving everything out of my sewing room so
    that I can tear down my current L-shaped desk (aka sewing table) and
    get ready to set up the new larger L-shaped desk as my sewing table.

But I sooooooo dread doing that.
    Louise - Ya-ya to Zachary April 13 2015. I collect mugs from the U.S. and around the world. Also collect handmade pincushions, sewing/quilting themed fabrics, and fabric in general.

I reward myself with a visit to the board when I have been productive enough throughout the day if I have project I need to get done...If nothing that HAS to be done, this is where I belong when I want to!! I am out on disability and can sew when ever I want and visit whenever!!

I sh be setting blocks together, but I consider this board educational so it is justified.

I should be making my dh pumpkin cookies, instead I am loafing here on the computer. I should get back to my lapquilt that I want to get finished tonite yet.

Quote Originally Posted by M.I.Late View Post
    I come here while my brain is planning my next move. (That's my story and I'm stickin to it)
    I almost never do the "priority" thing first... I have to build up to it whatever it is.
    This is my excuse exactly. I finished a top today - should be sandwiching, and I have all kinds of veggies prepped for my week's cooking adventure - but I'm not quite cooking yet!

Square up the blocks for my latest quilt top.

I am supposed to be at church, but my husband wasn't going (We go Sat. nights)...I almost got there and remembered that I do not have my glasses to drive home in the dark. They needed adjusted and are at the Optometrist...so I had to go home. There is no way I can drive at night with sunglasses. So I am on here instead. Anyone want to share a good sermon?

I should be sleeping. Instead, I'm enjoying the Board on my iPad. As usual, I'm learning lots too. I love reading the Board at night!

Blog Entries
    I should be cleaning my house, fixing breakfast, doing laundry, sewing. The list is so endless. I do need to finish installing my design wall and peg board in my sewing room/ That will take priority over the cleaning stuff. Someone gave me a design wall it is leaning against the wall now and I am using it as is. So need to finish installing it.

Since I just got up, its 5:44 AM I can't think of a thing I should be doing besides reading the boards with my first cup of coffee.
    Amythyst

there is always something i "should" be doing, this is something I WANT to do.
    ​Nancy

I "should" be pinning my mamouth tshirt quilt so I can start quilting it.
    Linda Wedge White

I believe UFOs are like scraps, ferns and dust bunnies. Once you get two, they send spores out into the air and more just happen anywhere the spores meet.

Blog Entries
    Going to bed. It's 1.15am here in Brisbane, Australia.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JuneBillie View Post
    Nothing, because it re leaves my stress.
    June, the name Billie is not common except in South Carolina. Would you have relatives there? If so, contact me privately.
    GramMER to eighteen, plus two great-granddaughters and four adopted greats soon we hope!

Quilting, but I can't decide which project to work on, so I am browsing the boards instead

There's a long list of things I probably should be doing but I moved reading the boards to the top. There's always tomorrow for the rest of the stuff and if tomorrow never comes I don't want to think I wasted my last day cleaning bathrooms. lol

I should be quilting instead of "Board Surfing", I have two quilts that need finished in a hurry. One is on the wall, the other still needs to be cut, and I want that one finished by April 7. Think I'll make it?

I could be making some receiving blankets for my hairstylist's baby girl who came 6 weeks early(baby is doing great, mom is slower to recover from pre-eclampsia) fabric is washed, ready to go...
    Still undecided on the quilt, mom wants only shades of pink, I am finding it hard to come up with some creative juices with it. Otherwise I would be starting that.
    Spent yesterday catching up on housework after completing quilt/pillowcase Thursday night.
    I absolutely "ditto" many of the wonderful comments all ready posted!!

I love the board but I do manage my time spent here. Daily I check in, right after breakfast, 30 minutes at lunch, and right after dinner 30 minutes. Otherwise, I am quilting, walking, or playing with the DH.
    Busy in Ohio

I should be getting ready to go to my son's house for his 42nd birthday celebration.
    Grandmeto6 aka Judy

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast