Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: What would you do with this? Progress pic added 11-9

Blog Entries
    This of course is the quilt I designed for my DH when he was in the hospital this spring. I've gotten this far....and I'm stuck. Originally I was planning to add a 14" border to provide for a drop all the way around the bed. It was to have some type of vine, floral design with hearts mixed in and I planned to have a scalloped edge on it. The more I think about it...I'm not sure that is the answer. As it is right now...it covers the exact top of our queen size bed..no drop and I'd like to have it for a bed quilt rather than a throw/big lap quilt. Any ideas out there?

I have it sewn together now..and have burgundy cornerstones in the outside corners
    Name:  Attachment-20807.jpe
Views: 22
Size:  63.0 KB

The real thing
    Name:  Attachment-20808.jpe
Views: 19
Size:  65.1 KB

It's so pretty! It has so much love sewed into it, it makes me feel good to look at it. (and it was one of those DAYS!) I'll have to think about your "drop" problem. :)

It's beautiful! Can't help you with finishing the designing of it, but it's beautiful! I know,,,,no help......

Banned
    The cream colored fabric that is the main, what about that for a border??

I'd definately pick one of the golds in the prairie points as the first narrow border followed by the fabrics in the stars....the flowered print, the green and finish with the burgandy.

Very pretty!! Maybe a wide border and then the flying geese around the edges of the border?

Blog Entries
    i would box it up and mail it to me. :mrgreen:

I would go with multiple borders, maybe the gold color first then a border of the background and finish off with the burgandy of the heart fabric. You could still put some applique on the light border. I remember when you first showed this quilt, and I still love it!!!!!! :D

Beautiful quilt and I love those colors!!!!!

Sure is a pretty quilt, love the colors and all the prairie points.

It's very beutiful. I'm rather with Shaw on this one, a lighter border first then some more flying geese and then a darker border. I like the scalloped idea too.

Power Poster
    Love the colors and the blocks.

What about making more flying geese strips and boxing each square -
    the corner posts could perhaps be one of the dark colors.

But maybe you are tired of making flying geese?

You might pick up a few blocks for another row that way.

I think you could get by with just a wide border of the cream (with none to lots of applique) and a dark binding.

Oooh, that's so pretty! You could pick up any of the colors for your borders. Light/dark/combo, etc. That should solve the drop problem. I think it deserves to be on your bed. Such a beauty.

Blog Entries
    Thanks for the info. I'm going to unwrap all the fabrics I used...I'm not sure I have very much of any of the colors left over after all those FG...I used tons of FQ's and I'll have to measure what I have of the floral.

It seems that there are more who think a gold border needs to be next, so I'll check that. I have plenty of the background and I am pretty sure I have enough of the burgundy to do a narrow border..if not..I know where I can order it. I'll play with it on EQ and then try to figure out how to post the pic of that. Thanks again!

Banned
    that is so pretty. i'm sure whatever you come up with will be perfect :D

Blog Entries
    Beautiful. Just love it.

Blog Entries
    It's beautiful. I don't have a gotcha idea for the drop, but I'll have one tonight in my dreams!

Blog Entries
    Just had a thought - if you like to quilt, you could do a wide border of the background color with lots of quilting mirroring the designs of the blocks - with the burgundy as the final binding. But if you prefer applique to quilting, that would be gorgeous on the background drop - again with the burgundy as the final binding.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanneS
    It's beautiful. I don't have a gotcha idea for the drop, but I'll have one tonight in my dreams!
    Well, I'm happy to take "dream" solutions! I hadn't really considered doing just a wide border with just quilting and not the applique..hmmm, I'll have to think on that, thanks!

sandpat that is a very beautiful quilt. I couldn't even begin to give advice on it. you have put in some long hours and hard work it is just gorgeous.
    Bill'sBonBon

Blog Entries
    I'm trying to post the EQ PDF of this quilt so you can see the whole thing. Somehow I don't yet have enough blocks on the quilt...(I just got the program..so learning process) There are actually 10 blocks vertically and 6 horizontally right now.

Here goes my try at posting the EQ PDF

Ok..I'll have to work on that some more..you get a line drawing..not the colored file. The feathered wreaths that show are actually to be feathered hearts that are done in trapunto.

Love of My Life quilt

cjc
    That's exactly what I was thinking. A wide border of the light fabric then a narrower border of the flying geese.

I like mgshaw's idea too. That will look spectacular.

All the flying geese! You're on expert on them now if you weren't before. Beautiful quilt!

Blog Entries
    No suggestions, but it is absolutely stunning ! I am sure whatever you do it will be perfect.
    Sharon

Beautiful quilt Sandpat. That's a lot of geese and I vote with mgshaw on the finishing touches. But, whatever you decide will be great!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast