Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What are you quilting goals for 2020? >

What are you quilting goals for 2020?

What are you quilting goals for 2020?

Old 12-19-2019, 04:30 PM

I have 2 quilts to finish and the other goal is to get my Grace frame fixed and working correctly where it is not jumping the tracks. I will also do my annual "Stash Bash" were I refold all approx 4000 yards of fabric in my stash. Everything else are things of pure joy as they arise.
Old 12-19-2019, 04:32 PM

I didn't do well with last year's list even as I got lots of stuff done. This year I have a few quilts lined up for completion
1. Log cabin QOV to be finished by March 2020
2. Stars quilt from years ago - finish even though it's not well done. Done is better than perfect.
3. Mystery from library from years ago - replace centre part of each block that I've never liked and finish it. (See # 2 - done is better than perfect!)
4. Work on Dear Jane
5. Make another purse (this one is the most likely to be done and done first! LOL)
That's it so far.
I am also aiming to use stash where possible, buying only to fill in the gaps....
Old 12-19-2019, 05:00 PM

As soon as I get this quilt done for our local Humane Society fund raiser in Feb., I have a dozen tops that I want to get quilted, then I plan on getting all my panels made up into quilts, then organize my books, try to get better at FMQ, work on a pp dinosaur pattern that I've been "carrying" around for about 20 years, I have a few kits that I want to get done. I'm sure there's more, just can't remember what right now. LOL
Old 12-19-2019, 05:42 PM

Tallchick, the timing of your post is perfect...I had just evaluated my list of 2019 goals in preparation of my 2020 list. I only have one carry over and that is a Doug Leko pattern. I have all the blocks completed but need to assemble them. I always make a list of goals for the upcoming year...it is a great way to keep you focused and motivated.

For 2020 I would like to do a few more charity quilts...I am always in awe of the generosity of the QB members that donate their time and talent. I am doing Bonnie Hunter’s mystery so I will add the finish to my 2020 list so it doesn’t become a UFO.
Old 12-19-2019, 06:43 PM

Clean my bedroom. I quilt there. It looks like a cyclone hit it. I have add and its overwhelming to even think of cleaning to get to my machine more frequently
Old 12-19-2019, 07:31 PM

To reduce the number of UFOS (*unfinished objects) and wips. That's a bit too much for my sewing room.
Old 12-19-2019, 07:48 PM

Yes, a well-timed thread, tallchick. Thanks for starting it.

My goals this year, I’m going to organize by quarter:

Jan/Feb/March
1. Start and finish new grandlamb’s quilt before he’s born (due 2/28).
2. Purge my sewing room closet and main fabric dresser

April/May/June
1. Make large quilt for son’s graduation. If he wants one. If not, make two smaller ones for foster system.
2. Explore /sign up for fall craft fair

July/Aug/Sept
1. Make a dress for granddaughter (new skill).
2. Teach niece to make a pillowcase.
3. Sew for craft fair .

Oct/Nov/Dec
1. Make 2 more doll quilts for charity.
2. Make a zipper pouch (new skill).
3. Participate in 1-2 fairs without needing physical or psychotherapy afterward.

Last edited by zozee; 12-19-2019 at 07:52 PM. Reason: Typos
Old 12-19-2019, 10:24 PM

not nearly as organized as some of you but I do plan to quilt 4 tops I have just sitting and resting(!); and have several kits that are waiting too. And I'd like to work on an art quilt that I started on several years ago. But realistically, I know there will be several unexpected projects that pop up too.
Old 12-19-2019, 10:46 PM

2020 is going to be a big year for me. I am working towards a professional designation, finishing my university degree and becoming a Granny.

My quilting goals are:

Make at least one quilt for the baby. This one has a deadline of January 18th for the baby shower.
LA three quilts that are waiting for quilting.
Continue decluttering my home.
Piece 2-3 quilts
Sew the blocks together for a quilt I am making for my son.

That's it. Realistically I will discover in January how much is involved in the professional course and likely I will only get the baby quilt completed, but that is ok.
Old 12-20-2019, 03:36 AM

Zozee, I love your quarterly breakdown of goals...it makes them look manageable. I might kidnap your idea...

Tothill, congratulations on the arrival of a new grandbaby and also pursuing your degree. I think that is a remarkable goal.