Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you working on this week?

Micro quilting...
    I am doing the fillers on a shadow trapunto square.

If i get bored I might applique some Dresden plates down.

I am in the middle of 7 Quilts for Kids quilts. I quilted 3 of them yesterday, have one more to quilt and 3 others that need the borders yet....
    Maybe some baby quilts for gifts too.
    Oh, and my quilting group is doing a half-square triangle exchange with Jewel tone batiks and a light to exchange in July. Need to sew those.

My newest Grandson, Caleb Austin, was born May 29th. I am now Grandma to 4 precious babies. I am so blessed!!!!

I'll be working on UFO's, and starting to swap out squares for a swap! Then maybe do some quilting on the long arm~
    Be a blessing to others, as you may entertain angels unaware!

Beginning a new project this weekend. Washed, dried and pressed all the fabrics for a Crayon Challenge quilt due mid July. Glad I decided to make a trial block because I changed one of the squares by 1/2" and didn't like the way the block looked. Made another block with the squares cut to the size the pattern called for.

After I make a bunch of the blocks in the different colors I'm going to decide how to layout the quilt, been thinking of maybe putting the blocks on point. How come I can never follow a pattern as writen? I always seem to make changes and sometimes they work and other times they don't.
    Last edited by May in Jersey; 06-16-2012 at 10:34 AM.

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    I'm putting the binding on a baby quilt. Then I need to clean my sewing room. The fuzzies are chasing each other.

Small town in Northeast Oregon close to Washington and Idaho
    Blog Entries
    I am starting my first ever "French Braid". I have all the fabric cut and ready to go. Just need to start sewing. Just need someone to nudge me first.
    "Be yourself...everyone else is taken."
    Strong people don't put others down...they build them up."
    "Remember that your instincts are more important than rules"

I'm working on the quilting portion of my DWR quilt.. I just started today and hope to have it finished by the end of the week. I'm going fishing with my oldest son as his Fathers Day outing. I will try to multi-task by getting the pieces cut for my next quilt while the quilting machine is putting the stitches in the DWR.

"Small deeds done are better than great deeds planned"
    Peter Marshall

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but by the moments that
    take our breath away". - Hilary Cooper
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/2HartsCreations?ref=si_shop

I'm working on my Silhouettes quilt today. I have to work tomorrow, but then I'm on vacation for a week. Want to work on Silhouettes next week. DD & I are going to Shipshewanna Wed & Thur. We have tickets to see Ricky Tims in concert Wed. pm & for his lecture Thur. am. We're going early Wed so we can check out the quilt shops in town. After Ricky Thur, will see the quilt show. Really looking forward to it.

I had put up an eight ft wire shelf to hold the batting that has been stored under the LA, so today I decided to go through the boxes of stuff that have been sitting in the middle of the floor, organize and store some of it under the LA. I got half-way through and decided I needed a break. So I made a thread catcher/pin cushion. I have part of my flower garden quilt laid out on my cutting board. My design wall has half of a Trip Around the World Bargello in shades of purple that I'm working on. I have another quilt cut out and ready to put together. Right now I'm hungry, because I forgot about lunch! And it's 3:21! Think I'll have a peanut butter and jelly sandwich and get back to work.

Blog Entries
    Recovering from a knee replacement done three weeks ago. It is very hot and humid and I'm getting a lot done in the AC. Started wrapping my fabric on comic book boards two days ago, but went through the first 100 really quick, so had to stop to order 300 more.

Finished a set of pillowcases made from batik fabrics that I love, so I'm keeping them.

Working on my HST quilt in black, gray and yellow. I've traced the wording I'm going to applique on the quilt and now need to get my letters cut out and ready to applique. Can't wait to see it done! I really love the colors for summer. They are so cooool.

Been a very productive couple of days, now I have to get the leg up because it starts throbbing when it hangs down for too long.
    Kathleen

Remember, people will see your quilts long after you are gone....NOT your housework!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jcrow View Post
    I am starting my first ever "French Braid". I have all the fabric cut and ready to go. Just need to start sewing. Just need someone to nudge me first.
    Here is your nudge. Get busy!
    Kathleen

Remember, people will see your quilts long after you are gone....NOT your housework!

I seem to keep trying new blocks, or other ideas I find, lol. Right now, I have always loved the Yin & Yang type patterns! Got one on Craftsy, using a different method, so tried hers & the traditional machine sewn method, did not like either one. Then, I realized, I could easily applique these blocks! So, using the back basting method of hand applique, this is what I am playing with right now. Love it so far! I plan to combine these blocks with some log cabin ones eventually for a design similar to one I saw online somewhere, that someone else did, & I have always loved. Love my machines, but handwork is nice at times too, so am combining both for this project. Love the weather here in western NC right now, although we are slowly heating up too! Glad we also have a/c in the house now too, as my back bedroom studio use to get way to hot to sew in this time of year!..
    Nancy/NC...
    "Because Nice Matters"
    "Choose To Be Happy"

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by happymrs View Post
    I seem to keep trying new blocks, or other ideas I find, lol. Right now, I have always loved the Yin & Yang type patterns! Got one on Craftsy, using a different method, so tried hers & the traditional machine sewn method, did not like either one. Then, I realized, I could easily applique these blocks! So, using the back basting method of hand applique, this is what I am playing with right now. Love it so far! I plan to combine these blocks with some log cabin ones eventually for a design similar to one I saw online somewhere, that someone else did, & I have always loved. Love my machines, but handwork is nice at times too, so am combining both for this project. Love the weather here in western NC right now, although we are slowly heating up too! Glad we also have a/c in the house now too, as my back bedroom studio use to get way to hot to sew in this time of year!..
    Hasn't this summer been wonderful so far?! Last year we baked! I'm over in NW Gaston county. Suppose to be in the 90's next week

Blog Entries
    I just posted my wekend project here and I need some help on it!

http://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1...r-t191950.html
    no act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. Aesop

I just started my vacation and I finished a baby quilt and a wall hanging last week. I cut out a French Braid quilt tonight that is ready to begin sewing tomorrow....after I get the windows washed....unless it rains...hopefully.

Just finished my boyfriend's pillow case for Father's Day (except for the piece that goes around the opening and a new pillow for it. Next week, I'm off to try a French or Friendship braid out of some material I have, might become a friends new present if it turns out okay (he doesn't know about it either just in case it looks awful).

Tomorrow I will work on the last bom block for this month from Craftsy, then will start work on a portable ironing mat with some flannel and perhaps a cotton on the back. I've already brought in the Insul-Brite & found a bunch of strips of same width/different lengths. Perhaps another project... :-)
    Live Simply, Love Generously, Care Deeply,Speak Kindly, Leave the rest to GOD

Quilting a queen size Around The World, two table runners, then a Dbl Wedding Ring
    http://trenbeathranch.com

Quote Originally Posted by DebraK View Post
    Attaching the borders to a neutral Patches and Pinwheels quilt top as well as a Kaffe Fassett "S" block quilt.
    Both sound super... can't wait to see pix!!!!
    (`v)
    `*..*
    .*).*)
    (.(. (..`..♥ rebecca

Quote Originally Posted by quiltingb1 View Post
    I am machine quilting a king size civil war quilt (was a BOM) - have it about half done and in the evenings I am handquilting another civil war quilt that was a BOM. Am also in the process of trying to decide what I want to make next.
    Did somebody say "Civil War quilt"??? That means Civil War reproduction fabrics, doesn't it? PICTURES PLEASE! Since I have too many other things to get done before I can start on my own Civil War quilt(s), I need to drool over other people's!
    (`v)
    `*..*
    .*).*)
    (.(. (..`..♥ rebecca

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    have to bind a quilt that MIL pieced and wife quilted. Also have 21 bow ties to make for FIL, Son and Nephew
    Ooooh... a Bow Tie. I haven't made one of those in eons. I love them, too! I can't wait to see yours!
    (`v)
    `*..*
    .*).*)
    (.(. (..`..♥ rebecca

Yesterday I was at my LQS sewing pillowcases when I found a wonderful table runner. My gf had the ruler needed for the runner with her since she asked me to cut one of them out for her.

Before we left I had sewn the top together. It only has 5 seams. I will quilt it this morning and give it to my sister to thank her for hosting Father's Day.

I am also getting ready for summer vacation from school. It starts Tuesday and I can't wait. My big job this summer is to organize my sewing room and making quilt tops from all the fabric I have accumulated throughout the years.

Blog Entries
    I have been on a placemat kick but they are fun to make want to do table runners next then will have a start on Christmas gifts just have so many things to do never know where to start

Blog Entries
    I'm working on cleaning up my "toss it on the table" messes left over from our guild's hosting our state's annual quilt symposium and quilt show last week. Boy, was it ever so much work, but ever so much fun!! I loved the vendors...spent waaay too much money...and have added another 5 projects to my UFO-NYB's! Sewing will start just as soon as I have the kitchen table cleaned off and vacuuming and dusting and weeding the garden and fertalizing the petunias and getting the laundry done, blah blah blah! Ya know how it is? LOL! Sewing is soooo much more fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Favorite Fabrics View Post
    Are you starting a new project, or finishing up old ones?

Or maybe attending graduation parties, and not sewing at all?
    Eliminate "can't" from your vocabulary and see what happens.

Blog Entries
    Trying to finish up a red & white log cabin and making some aprons for my mom. I also want to spray baste a few tops and have them ready when my vacation starts.
    Happy Quilting.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast