Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: What's the latest quilt book you bought?

I got Modern Basics by Amy Ellis at www.amyscreativeside.com. My stepson wants me to make him a quilt, and he has pretty funky, modern tastes. I think he'll love the quilt on the cover. It's adorable, modern and fresh.

Underground Railroad - Eleanor Burns

Friendship Strips and Scraps. I LOVE it.

Blog Entries
    I have 130 Mini Quilt Blocks by S. Briscoe from the library right now, and I'd love to find it to buy. It has great ideas for quick piecing some unusual blocks.

10-Minute Blocks by Suzanne McNeill

Senior Member quilting in my60s's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BellaBoo
    I'm looking for a new quilt book that will inspire/motivate me to do something different. Any reviews on a new one? The last one I bought was
    Rotary Cutting Revolution and I have about worn it out using all the patterns in the book several times.
    the last quilt book I bought was"10 minute blocks" I saw a demo by Suzanne McNeill on "you tube" and made a sample one. I have more ideas in the works as you can do this with any size blocks!

Senior Member quilting in my60s's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jeaninmaine
    I just ordered Tradition with a Twist by Blanche Young, and an Eleanor Burns DVD. I order books out of the library first and after I read them, if I really like them, then I will order them. I got so tired of ordering books that looked and sounded great but then when I got them they weren't as good as I expected.
    I also get quilt books through the library to see if I really want to buy the book. Our library will do "inter library loan" so they can request the book from any place in the U.S.

I have to agree with those who mention Judy Martin. I have her entire library . Her Log Cabin books are impressive and there's always somethign for every skill level.

Just bought "Stitch and Split Applique" by Crow and Segna. Some clever and different projects which are appealing. Also love Edyta Sitar's books.

Summer Gatherings by Primitive Gatherings.

My last one was from Tuesday Mornings - 'Quilts from Lavendar Hill Farm' by Darlene Zimmerman for $6.99. There are some beauties in there.

Power Poster sueisallaboutquilts's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ladyjanedoe
    I have to agree with those who mention Judy Martin. I have her entire library . Her Log Cabin books are impressive and there's always somethign for every skill level.
    I have almost all Judy Martin's books, maybe all. Fantastic!

That is the last one I bought also. There are 3 quilts in it that I have already sorted through my stash and gotten the fabric ready to cut!

My lasat purchase was 3D folded blocks. Great for something diffent..I saw one of the quilts at the AQS show in Paducah TN last month, and had to have it...made the first block yesterday and it was great fun!

Curves in Motion

Just ordered "Bargello with a Twist" Haven't tackled a bargello yet, thought I'd give it a try. I have many Elea nor Burns books and have made a good many of her quilts. Easy to follow instructions . Eleanor has made quilting easy for me.

I bought Jodi Barrows Square In A Square Advanced II. Lots of options with a great little ruler. Don't forget to check out your local library. I find alot of goodies there. =)

BMP
    Blog Entries
    I just bought an Eleanor Burns book yesterday "Still Stripping after 25 years" I wanted one particular pattern in it. I havent looked to closely at the rest yet.

I bought 2 books. One is titled French Braid Obsession by Jane Hardy Miller and the other is Stellar Quilts by Judy Martin. I have quilts pick out in each of them to make.

Blog Entries
    just received a book called "Country Patchwork & craft. Amazing

Blog Entries
    Last November I bought Bonnie K. Hunter's book LEADEERS & ENDERs after attending one of her lectures. Bonnie is the queen of SCRAPPY QUILTS. She so inspired me that i re-organized my stash and have completed 3 quilt tops. I just finished hand quilting the first one and now on to the rest. Her philososphy and pattern ideas are awesome. Take a look at her blog at Quiltville. com. Honestly I am not a relative just a great fan of hers

Though I have bought lots of books over the years, I go back to a couple of goodies to get new inspiration time and time again.
    Try "Calico and Beyond: The Use of Patterned Fabric in Quilts"
    by Roberta Horton . The focus is on using more challenging fabric types and colors. It really pushed me beyond straight traditional quilts (which I love and feel deeply connected to) without leaving traditional blocks behind. The book also introduces exercises for Asian and African-American style quilts.
    If I had to only keep a dozen books this would be in my top 3!

I just bought Karla Alexanders' "Stack the Deck Revisted." I would like to do a crazy quilt and this book looks it will give me some good ideas.

Kim Diehl's latest book...I have every one of them...they are all full of great quilts...would love to make just about every one of them!

(Last November I bought Bonnie K. Hunter's book LEADEERS & ENDERs after attending one of her lectures. Bonnie is the queen of SCRAPPY QUILTS. She so inspired me that i re-organized my stash and have completed 3 quilt tops. I just finished hand quilting the first one and now on to the rest. Her philososphy and pattern ideas are awesome. Take a look at her blog at Quiltville. com. Honestly I am not a relative just a great fan of hers)

I just went over to amazon and bought it!
    thanks for the tip-

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast