Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4

Thread: What's the latest quilt book you bought?

Carol Doak's paper piecing!

I just bought Skillbuilder Mastery and Skillbuilder Companion from <http://www.rgadesignquilts.com/store...d3b833153325be>

They might be skinny books but there's a ton of info and quilting design ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by Greenheron
    Kaffe Fassett's "Passionate Quilting". I've been away from quilting publications for years and his work was new to me. I love his manipulation of patterned fabrics such as the shirting stripes.
    I'm with you! Kaffe can take a traditional block and make it sing w/ fabric and setting-

I have to add that my personal quilt library is getting as big as my fabric stash. =) Please tell me I'm not alone in that....

Blog Entries
    Crazy Curves continues by Elsa's Back Porch. Very inspiring to do something different.

Blog Entries
    i'm with patchsamkim, kim diehl books, I want to make everything

The Giving Quilt: Fast Quilts for Comfort and Healing - which I got on sale at Joann's and love it! I've made two and my new-to-sewing niece has made her first quilt from here for an English class project that her English Teacher has fallen in love with.

Fast and Fun Machine Quilting - Rodale's Successful Quilting Library - got this one at our quilt guild silent auction for $1!!! Really like the tips on how to machine quilt and how to fix problems in your machine quilting.

Quote Originally Posted by BellaBoo
    I'm looking for a new quilt book that will inspire/motivate me to do something different. Any reviews on a new one? The last one I bought was
    Rotary Cutting Revolution and I have about worn it out using all the patterns in the book several times.
    I just got "Bargello Quilts" by Marge Edie

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BellaBoo
    I'm looking for a new quilt book that will inspire/motivate me to do something different. Any reviews on a new one? The last one I bought was
    Rotary Cutting Revolution and I have about worn it out using all the patterns in the book several times.
    I just got "300 Paper-Pieced Quilt Blocks" by Carol Doak and "365 Foundation Quilt Blocks" by Linda Causee. Paper-Pieced books I can never pass up.

Blog Entries
    Radiant Star - E Burns. Got it when she had them on sale.

Circle of Nine's - Great quilts, and a real fun way to make a quick quilt. Just nine blocks, then connecting sections

Blog Entries
    I just picked up "Quick Colorful Quilts" and "Patchwork Quilts Made Easy" by Jean Wells at a yard sale for $1.00 each.

Quote Originally Posted by jeaninmaine
    I just ordered Tradition with a Twist by Blanche Young, and an Eleanor Burns DVD. I order books out of the library first and after I read them, if I really like them, then I will order them. I got so tired of ordering books that looked and sounded great but then when I got them they weren't as good as I expected.
    I LOVE this book!

I just bought a new one by Pam and Nicky Lintott called Jelly Roll Sampler Quilts. It has more than 50 different blocks, all adapted for 2.5" strips. You can make one of the quilts in the book or combine any of the blocks for your own design. I like that...lots of blocks to try out. And I have lots of scraps cut into 2.5" strips.

Quote Originally Posted by RkayD
    I have to add that my personal quilt library is getting as big as my fabric stash. =) Please tell me I'm not alone in that....
    Far from alone...I buy lots of books too!

Blog Entries
    You will love Traditions... I have made so many of the patterns in the book and they have all come out wonderful. Blanche is the person that developed the strip method that we are so grateful for. This method gives the best results and are fool proof.

Blog Entries
    Love the leaders and enders book. I am doing the bow tie pattern and it is constantly in progress.

Blog Entries
    Blanche is a friend of mine. Just visited her last week at her new "home". She's still sewing at 93 and has another book in the works.

Senior Member quilting in my60s's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AnitaSt
    I just bought a new one by Pam and Nicky Lintott called Jelly Roll Sampler Quilts. It has more than 50 different blocks, all adapted for 2.5" strips. You can make one of the quilts in the book or combine any of the blocks for your own design. I like that...lots of blocks to try out. And I have lots of scraps cut into 2.5" strips.
    the one I checked out of the library by Pam and Nicky had "friendship braid" and I saw on Missour star quilt company's you tube a way to use a binding tool to cut the pieces. Can't wait to try it.

Which books did you get?
    Quote Originally Posted by hobo2000
    I just bought two books from Laundry Basket Quilts. I just love Edyta Sitar's. Designs.

My latest book is Affairs of the Heart by Aie Rossmann. Looking forward to doing all 36 blocks.

My newest two books are by Edyta Sitar. I LOVE her work. I ordered the books last night...take a peek...

http://www.laundrybasketquilts.com/Shop/shopindex.htm
    When it seems like the world is falling to pieces remember that the pieces are falling into place. We are nearing closer to the End Times.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4