Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What's your favorite quilt shop? >

What's your favorite quilt shop?

What's your favorite quilt shop?

Old 05-15-2009, 01:47 PM

Suwannee Valley Quilt Shop, Trenton Florida, great staff, wonderful fabrics, classes. Stephanie, the owner, remodeled an old coke cola bottling building for the shop and has just recently remodeled the ice house which is next door, for larger class rooms. Also, has a quaint cafe for a quick lunch.
Old 05-15-2009, 01:48 PM

My favorite here is in Rockford, IL. The quilters general store. It's in a farmhouse and has wonderful people. They also have a website.
Old 05-15-2009, 02:22 PM

I am so lucky I have 3 within a mile of my house,but I have to say I love Bella Quiltworks the best,she has alot of reproduction fabrics which I love
Old 05-15-2009, 03:43 PM

In Northern Virginia there are quite a few LQSs and the customer service and fabric styles vary widely.

My absolute favorite is Circle Sewing Studio right down route 123 in Lake Ridge, with batiks, reproductions, blenders, thirties, etc. and some whimsy fabric. Parker is the owner, she has a great set-up with machines available for your use right there on the salesfloor. She and Cary are the best and always a great help. There is a great group of quilters who hang out which is fine because Parker loves to have people just drop by and sew awhile, remember it is the Circle Sewing Studio. I think she also has someone who does garment sewing and alterations as well.

My other favorite is a little farther out west in Warrenton, Kelly Ann's Quilting. Kelly Ann also has a varied fabric collection in her shop, great staff and service and a fun blog.

I know it is out of your way, being you are looking in Iowa, but thanks for letting me share.

Maribeth

p.s. For the online purchasing, I love whittlesfabrics.com, fatquarterworld.com, fatquartershop.com, homespunhearth.com and fabric.com for the low, low, prices and the service.
Old 05-15-2009, 03:56 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Maribeth
In Northern Virginia there are quite a few LQSs and the customer service and fabric styles vary widely.

My absolute favorite is Circle Sewing Studio right down route 123 in Lake Ridge, with batiks, reproductions, blenders, thirties, etc. and some whimsy fabric. Parker is the owner, she has a great set-up with machines available for your use right there on the salesfloor. She and Cary are the best and always a great help. There is a great group of quilters who hang out which is fine because Parker loves to have people just drop by and sew awhile, remember it is the Circle Sewing Studio. I think she also has someone who does garment sewing and alterations as well.

My other favorite is a little farther out west in Warrenton, Kelly Ann's Quilting. Kelly Ann also has a varied fabric collection in her shop, great staff and service and a fun blog.

I know it is out of your way, being you are looking in Iowa, but thanks for letting me share.

Maribeth

p.s. For the online purchasing, I love whittlesfabrics.com, fatquarterworld.com, fatquartershop.com, homespunhearth.com and fabric.com for the low, low, prices and the service.

I don't mind that it is out of my way as I just wanted people to share their favorites. Even if I can't go maybe some other members can benefit from your info!! :D :D Quilting is sharing!!!!
Old 05-16-2009, 09:14 AM

Lancaster PA is the best place to shop. Go here to learn where to shop.

www.ehow.com/how_2171865_quilting-fabrics-lancaster-county-pa.html
Old 05-16-2009, 09:19 AM

http://www.aquiltedheart.net/

This is a store about 5 minutes away down the freeway. I just love it there! Such wonderful ladies!
Old 05-16-2009, 09:49 AM

Rosie's Calico Cupboard in LaMesa, CA, just outside of San Diego. She is one of the nicest people you would ever want to meet. And has thousands of bolts of fabric!! I would spend hours in there. For my anniversary, one year, my husband told me to buy whatever I wanted in there!!! Talk about a keeper!!! :D She has a website, too: rosiescalicocupboard.com
Old 05-19-2009, 07:12 PM

Rhonda, my son lived right down the highway from Kalona in a little town named Wellman. He has sinced moved to Burlington. I love going to Kalona. It is the cutest town & such nice shops. We'll be going back to Iowa in June & hope to go back to Kalona & will make sure I look at the fabric stores a little bit closer now that I am into more quilting.
Old 05-19-2009, 09:31 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Jannie
Rhonda, my son lived right down the highway from Kalona in a little town named Wellman. He has sinced moved to Burlington. I love going to Kalona. It is the cutest town & such nice shops. We'll be going back to Iowa in June & hope to go back to Kalona & will make sure I look at the fabric stores a little bit closer now that I am into more quilting.
Small world! We live about 30 min west of Burlington and my mom grew up there. It is as much my hometown as where I live now is. I grew up here in Salem but I drove a car for the first time in Burlington. My aunt let me drive hers. My grandparents lived there and I still have lots of aunts and uncles and cousins there. My mil lives there with my bil and my son and that bil have an electric business there.

I have been to Wellman. It is a little bitty town just like the one I live in.
Small world huh?

If you go to Kalona from Burlington you will pass about 12 miles north of us if you take US 34 to US218 which is what most people do.