Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Where to Find Letters to applique onto a shirt

  1. #1
    Senior Member lhavelka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh PA
    Posts
    598
    Does anyone know where I can find letters to applique onto a shirt? I want to applique the word "Pittsburgh" onto a shirt. Thanks everyone!

  2. #2
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    central Indiana
    Posts
    1,164
    You have a couple of options....you could make the letters on your computer and print them out. (You would need to make block letters). Or, you could go to a teacher supply store and purchase a set of letter templates. They are generally sturdy and you would be able to use them over and over again. Templates are available in many different sizes.

  3. #3
    Super Member jemma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    adelaide /australia
    Posts
    1,394
    try getting an A B C colouring in book easy to trace--don't forget to reverse or you will get back to front letters [yes i did that]

  4. #4
    Super Member thimblebug6000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    British Columbia
    Posts
    6,191
    When I've made mine I just type them out in WORD & make them as large as I want & whatever font I want. I print them out on the computer, and then trace them onto Heat'nBond Lite.

    SAMPLE OF HOW MY LETTERS LOOK
    Name:  Attachment-122128.jpe
Views: 578
Size:  107.1 KB

  5. #5
    Super Member Jill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Central Ohio
    Posts
    1,076
    Do a Google search for free alphabet letters. That's what I did recently when looking for numbers and letters.

  6. #6
    Google Goddess craftybear's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Central Indiana (USA)
    Posts
    30,663
    Blog Entries
    194
    search online for applique letters, I will see what I can find for all of us

    Quote Originally Posted by lhavelka
    Does anyone know where I can find letters to applique onto a shirt? I want to applique the word "Pittsburgh" onto a shirt. Thanks everyone!

  7. #7
    Super Member GGinMcKinney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    N Texas
    Posts
    1,137
    Then do you add seam allowance and needle turn or do you satin stitch by machine? I have been wondering how to do letters.

  8. #8
    Senior Member hevemi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Turku, Finland
    Posts
    597
    Try this:
    http://patsloan.typepad.com/quilters...epatterns.html

    Pat Sloan has pages of free applique patterns, also very good tutorials and instructions how to . Scroll down the page above until you see her Free alphabet to download, Then print the size you want using your printer settings.

  9. #9
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    western ny
    Posts
    1,573

  10. #10
    Super Member PegD's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,167
    Blog Entries
    4
    Great idea, I never would have thought of that.
    Quote Originally Posted by thimblebug6000
    When I've made mine I just type them out in WORD & make them as large as I want & whatever font I want. I print them out on the computer, and then trace them onto Heat'nBond Lite.

  11. #11
    Power Poster CarrieAnne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Whitewater, WI
    Posts
    26,044
    I know JAs and Hobby Lobby sell letters, if you wanted to go that route.

  12. #12
    Senior Member lhavelka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh PA
    Posts
    598
    Quote Originally Posted by hevemi
    Try this:
    http://patsloan.typepad.com/quilters...epatterns.html

    Pat Sloan has pages of free applique patterns, also very good tutorials and instructions how to . Scroll down the page above until you see her Free alphabet to download, Then print the size you want using your printer settings.
    Awesome!!! Everyone on this site really comes through for each other!!!!

  13. #13
    Senior Member lhavelka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh PA
    Posts
    598
    Quote Originally Posted by bstock
    Thanks so much!!!!! Perfect!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.