Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Where to get colorful quilt backing Indiana?

Question Where to get colorful quilt backing Indiana?

So I'm a new quilter and want to buy pretty blue quilt backing around 108 inches . I've checked out local websites because I don't want a wasted trip to their stores but a lot of them don't list quilt backing ! I have a special quilter who just has to feel it first . It's an autistic sensory thing ! So help me out here I live in Indianapolis ! Also this is a sailboat quilt top,

I'd call Connecting Threads and see if you can have a piece of their backing sent to you in several blue colors - explain that is an autistic sensory issue. They have exceptional customer service. That way you can get it 'approved' by that person first. The prices are terrific there, too!

Connecting Threads and Keepsake quiltingshould have it. Probably lots of other online fabric stores too.

Welcome from Missouri.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

You can get great quilt backings at thousandsofbolts.com and marshalldrygoods.com - their prices are very reasonable and the service is wonderful.

Blog Entries
    Two Hoosier ladies in my Prescott AZ quilt guild recommended [I]Quilts Plus[I] in Indianapolis. Funny we were just talking about that last week.

You could also use some of your fat quarters and make a colorful backing. That's what I do. Hugs

If you are ready for a short road trip, you need to visit "Fabrics & Friends" in Roanoke, IN. It is right next to Fort Wayne. That quilt shop is amazing and also has many wide backing fabrics. Even if you just want to visit that shop and not buy backings, you will not be disappointed-guaranteed!!

I really like Quilts Plus in Indianapolis. I visit them when I visit my daughter in Indy. If it is a texture thing you may want to consider a soft flannel.......just a thought!
    Can't stop now, I need to finish just one more quilt
    http://onemorequilt.net

Blog Entries
    I get my quilt backs from http://www.thousandsofbolts.com , they have about 20-30 different fabrics from each color family. All very good quality (at least the ones i have bought). Prices are about average for quilt backs. I did calculate out what it would cost buying regular fabric (40in wide) vs quilt back (108in wide). And it was within pennies of each other. I prefer not having to do the math and piecing for the back so I buy quilt backs.

Don't forget Lolly's & Yoder's in Shipshewana.

yel
    Blog Entries
    there is a great little quilt shop just to the north of indy

Blog Entries
    fabric.com has a very large selection of wide backings- I've been shopping with them for more than 15 years-and one of the best things is 'free shipping' at the $35 mark- when you pull up their web site just click on the quilting fabric link- then wide goods- they have lots & lots to choose from.
    hiding away in my stash where i'm warm, safe and happy

Also check out Whittle's website.

What kind of sheet does the special quilter use? If you can find a pretty blue sheet, that might do the trick nicely.

Craft town Fabrics in So. In. has lots of Quilt Backs, I would call them, their service is Fantastic!!

I also recommend Marshall's Dry Goods in Arkansas.