Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
White Daisy Fabrics?????? >

White Daisy Fabrics??????

White Daisy Fabrics??????

Old 01-10-2009, 04:43 PM

hi bluebird - the sayings are purchased from the local quilt shop. there were about 12 (?) of them. i used my favorite 6. they were only 5" squares so i had to add the inch to make them 6" finished blocks.

the pictures were edited using photoshop with the vignette feature and printed on kona cotton. the pictures aren't actually sewn into the quilt. i made 'photo corners' for those blocks and stabilizer/interfacing on the back of them. they just slide into their spot and when the quilt needs washed or we want to change out the pictures, we just take them out.
Old 01-10-2009, 04:53 PM

What a clever quilter you are to be able to remove the photo's when the quilt is washed. I have used the printed sayings from the quilt shops also, I think the name of the company that puts them out is something like "Talking Quilts" and they have special sayings for ffiends, daughters, mothers, sisters, etc.

Great job on the quilt, I do love the daisies also. They really brighten things up. My favorite flower is the Lilac, I come from the midwest but have lived in California since 1981 so I really miss them in May of every year.
Old 01-10-2009, 08:37 PM
Power Poster

here I go again...wow! fabricluvr, your quilt is way awesome and since I am yakking atcha, you are very pretty and seems that you favor your mom. Thanks for asking bevanger, lol!
122quilting...that is the sweetest story about your granddaughter. I love it! So sorry for you and for her for the loss of your son, but so glad she has such a loving grandma.
This board just makes me learn, laugh, cry and quilt!!! C
Old 01-11-2009, 07:53 PM

Patty. Your quilt it awesome. Love how you did the pictures--such a wonderful idea.
Old 01-12-2009, 07:41 PM

Your quilt is just beautiful! What a wonderful gift to give your mom.
Old 01-13-2009, 07:13 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by fabricluvr
thank you everyone! didn't intend to steal thunder. it was the only picture i had of the fabric.

Bev, if you can't find it and want me to see if my store still has it (they did as of last week, with both size daisies), let me know. we can work something out. seems to me it was $3 a yard or so.
You didn't steal thunder hun..... I got my answer AND a gorgeous quilt to look at...I'm finishing up an embroidery baby quilt AND reorganizing my sewing room, so It'll be next month or so before I can afford the fabric.. :(