Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Who went to the WI Quilt Expo in Madison???? >

Who went to the WI Quilt Expo in Madison????

Who went to the WI Quilt Expo in Madison????

Old 09-11-2011, 05:58 PM

Just posting to see who went to the show and share info and what they thought of the show. I thought it was great. I had a three day pass, but came home Saturday. So much to see and do there. Had my pic taken with Nancy Z. of Nancy's Notions. Posted all kind of pics on the board. First time for me to go to anything like this. Was enjoyed but spent too much for sure.....oh well, enjoyed it is all that counts.......... :roll: :wink:
Old 09-11-2011, 06:05 PM

I went on Saturday. This was my first time too. My DGD entered a quilt in the kids contest. She didn't win anything but she was proud of her quilt anyway. I was very surprised at some of the quilts the kids did. Thought the Expo was great. Didn't spend very much money but sure have a few things on my Christmas list. Did you see the Easy Quilter? Almost bought one. Looking forward to next year.
Old 09-11-2011, 06:11 PM

I went on Saturday. It was my first time and I enjoyed it. I was on a bus trip. Met some really nice ladies.
Old 09-11-2011, 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by Cagey
I went on Saturday. This was my first time too. My DGD entered a quilt in the kids contest. She didn't win anything but she was proud of her quilt anyway. I was very surprised at some of the quilts the kids did. Thought the Expo was great. Didn't spend very much money but sure have a few things on my Christmas list. Did you see the Easy Quilter? Almost bought one. Looking forward to next year.
Was that the machine the husband and wife did? If so, nice for sure. He was at the one machine and her at the other?
Old 09-11-2011, 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by skowron5
I went on Saturday. It was my first time and I enjoyed it. I was on a bus trip. Met some really nice ladies.
When we got there Saturday, about 10 or so there were three buses at the entrance, Gray, and what a line....mayb that was u in one of those buses??? Where did u come from? Was it a Guild?
Old 09-11-2011, 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by skowron5
Your Avatar quilt is the same one that hangs on the wall at the LQS in Sturgeon Bay, Barn Door. It is so pretty for sure......love living here and working in Green Bay
Old 09-11-2011, 08:15 PM

We drove down to Madison and got there by 9:05. Lines moved fast and the place sure filled up fast too. It was fun and exciting to see all the new things. Everything and everyone seemed to just 'flow'. Tried out the Babylock Ellisimo Gold, but not for me. Great show prices on machines, but will have to settle for what I have. Listened to the demo and was impressed, but not enough to spend more money when I already have the Flynn frame to use with my Babylock Jane. Decided to have my son make a gadget to go with the frame so my machine moves just like with the Easy Quilter. The talent at the Expo was just amazing!
Old 09-12-2011, 06:52 AM

I was there for 3 days. Wed I was on the finishing team for the quilts. They were already hung so we had to make sure they were centered on their panel and hanging straight and then hang the quilt info card. Thurs I was a docent (white gloves person). Friday I went to just enjoy the expo. I spent a lot of money and bought a lot of fun stuff! I didn't go to any of the classes but I did sit in on a few of the free lectures. Thanks for posting all the pics! (now I don't have to!) The one problem I saw with the Easy Quilter is that you have to baste your quilt. That's the part I really hate.
Old 09-12-2011, 10:51 AM

I went on Friday with a bus from Cedarburg. I have been to Paducah 7 times and this was much like that one, only not as crowded so it was easier to look at the quilts and vendors. I enjoyed the day and met Pickle, the lady from near Baraboo for the first time face to face. Our story is in the Chit Chat section. Found some things I really needed and some I wanted, rested with a cup of coffee during a lecture on doll clothes. Was a delightful day and one I will always remember and who knows, I might get to go again next year.

Carol J.