Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Who are your favorite designers (fabric or patterns)?

For novelty designs, I am enchanted with J. Wecker Frisch's dresigns for Quilting Treasures. I've just bought one line (Sewing Seeds -- gardening, vintage sewing machines) and love Short and Stout (teapots).

Fabrics/Designers I love are Moda, Michael Miller, Alexander Henry, Denyse Schmidt, Heather Bailey, Lizzie House... and more.

I love patterns from Cluck Cluck Sew, Fresh Lemons, Lori Holt, Moda Bakeshop, and lots of other modern quilters

I love Meg Hawkey at Crabapple Hill. She incorporates embroidery into quilting designs thereby giving me a hand project and quilting project.

My favorite for both patterns and fabric is Heather Mulder Peterson of Anka's Treasures. I just love her patterns. Can't stop buying her books. Also love her fabric lines.

I just saw Tula Pink on "Sewing with Nancy" and really liked some of her designs so, I bought the book. Figures!
    LinRupp - AZ, USA

Small town in Northeast Oregon close to Washington and Idaho
    Blog Entries
    I can tell you one I don't like and why. Kaffe Fassett. All his fabrics look like bedspreads that are in the cheap motels I use to have to stay in, once upon a time. I accidentally ordered a far quarter bundle of his and gave it away to a reader of my blog. And it cost over $100. That's how much I don't care for his fabric lines. I do like Daisy Janie. She only has one fabric line right now, but it's pretty awesome.
    Last edited by jcrow; 02-01-2013 at 11:46 AM.
    "Be yourself...everyone else is taken."
    Strong people don't put others down...they build them up."
    "Remember that your instincts are more important than rules"

Jenny Doan for pre-cut patterns
    Moda fabrics- kansas Troubles for the delicious colors, Sandy Gervais for fabric and patterns

I cannot get into Batiks or anything purple.
    Dianne

My goodness, I haven't even heard of some of these, so thanks to all for the insight. I think I must be missing a lot.

Bonnie Hunter, Debbie Maddy, Swirly Girls, and Judy Martin for patterns. I love French General, Moda,and Windam for fabrics.

I'm a Jenny Doan fan. I love her easy quilts made with pre cuts. I use more Moda fabrics than any other.

Blog Entries
    I am a huge fan of the whimsy of Patrick Lose designs!!!!!

I also like Kim Diehl

Blog Entries
    Jean and Valerie Wells . Their books are so creative. They make taditional patterns new and exciting. Design, colors and fabric use is wonderful.

Ruth B. McDowell: Any of her landscape and floral books are first rate. I have never attempted a landscape but would follow her techniques when I do!

Susan Carlson: Total out of the box fabulous and creative art quilts

Maxine Rosenthal & Joy pelzmann: One Block Wonders. their simple concepts have taken piecing to a whole new level. A lot of us have made fabulous quilts using their techniques.

As for fabric, there is no one designer I absolutely love. I don't shop for fabric by designer but by seeing the fabric first and falling.....
    no act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. Aesop

Have to get in to this discussion. My favorite fabric line is Moda, great quality, great designers. I cannot affort to buy their new fabric lines but I always check the sales and will pick up good fabric that way. I am an Old-Fashion lady and I love Robyn Pandolph's designs, so airy, flowery and romantic. Eleanor Burns is a favorite also, her fabrics as well as her designs.

I happened to see Tula Pink on Sewing with Nancy and I really like her work. I ordered one of her fabrics and was very impressed with the quality.
    My favorite is Kaffe Fasset and Phil Jacobs...just gorgeous colors and patterns.

Blog Entries
    kaffe fassett, valori wells, amy butler, and traditional patterns. and i like to design my own things as well.
    The only bad days are the ones you don't get.

Quote Originally Posted by sewmary View Post
    How could I forget Jason Yenter, Kaffe Fassett, Joel Dewberry - just gorgeous colors.
    yes yes yes JASON YENTER
    was able to snag a piece of his camelot on sale in canada waiting to find the right pattern
    was hoping to get the blue with deer xmas

Quote Originally Posted by jcrow View Post
    I can tell you one I don't like and why. Kaffe Fassett. All his fabrics look like bedspreads that are in the cheap motels I use to have to stay in, once upon a time. I accidentally ordered a far quarter bundle of his and gave it away to a reader of my blog.
    BLASPHEMY I tell you! No really, I thought I was the only one that didn't care for his fabrics. My guild had a Kaffe swap (no I didn't participate) and you would have thought I had insulted them personally when asked why I didn't have any. To each their own but I think its WAYYY overpriced. Now that I think about it, it DOES look like bedspread material LOL

Blog Entries
    I love Toni Whitney and McKenna Ryan (I enlarge her patterns for easier use).
    I also like The Country Quilter, Pine Meadows, Brandywine, Bee Creative and so many more.
    I also use wood carving and stained glass patterns by L Irish and Paned Expressions and am now using a lot of photos for patterns. So little time.....
    Debbie
    Machine It

Dereck Lockwood's Bargellos! And if you need to make the pattern larger or smaller, he'll personally help you resize it! Very nice person.

I love Amy Butler and Kate Spain for their beautiful modern fabrics and cute patterns. Also Heather Bailey and Sandy Henderson.
    http://www.craftsy.com/user/333534/pattern-store?
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/sewbizgirl
    Boom 19 Album of Blocks I Made for Others https://www.quiltingboard.com/member...bums19825.html
    "The reward of a thing well done is having done it." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

I like Jenni Beyer her designs I just love

Blog Entries
    Wonderful thread. I will look up each and every one of these designers. I actually got motivated to start quilting after looking at some of Jane Sassaman's fabric and quilts. I love a wide variety of fabrics and colors but especially like bright bold colors and designs. I also like Alexander Henry, Tina Givens and Valori Wells.

Nancy Halvorsen comes to mind... love her soft, dreamy colors and quaint designs.
    Bonnie K. Hunter at Quiltville.com. Love her patterns and clear instructions.
    Barbara Brachman has done an incredible job with Civil War era quilts (with some history thrown in, even).
    Carol Doak's paper piecing patterns... wonderful! Great instructions and patterns.
    Georgia Bonesteel... what can I say?
    Eleanor Burns - who could get along without Quilt in a Day? (not that I ever quilted one in a day, mind you, but I keep hoping!)
    Debbie Beaves.
    I tend to lean toward traditional prints and patterns... avoid cartoons and other proprietary prints and other such cutesiness like the plague. If I put that much work into something, I want it to be a classic, not outdated next year. Also not terribly fond of graphics, at least the bolder ones... not a Riley Blake fan. Ditto for Kaffe Fassett.
    And a huge thank you to all those like Janet Wickell on About.com, who bring us pattern libraries. What a tremendous gift! (And she's by no means the only one - just the one whose name popped into my mind at the moment.)
    Here I have to mention Jenny Doan at Missouri Star... her video tutorials are the "bestest".
    Last edited by Alondra; 02-02-2013 at 12:20 PM.

[QUOTE=jcrow;5830253]I can tell you one I don't like and why. Kaffe Fassett. All his fabrics look like bedspreads that are in the cheap motels ----

You are SO right. I just cannot warm up to his designs.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast