Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Why I shouldn't clean my sewing room >

Why I shouldn't clean my sewing room

Why I shouldn't clean my sewing room

Old 01-16-2014, 07:35 AM

My sewing room isnt that big. Its only 75'' by 15ft. If my son pablo ever moves out, I'll maybe take over his room. But then I would be in the back of the house. Looking at the back yard. My sewing room is small, but I have 4 window's. 2 faceing the street. I will agree 100% with michelloc--straighten up your sewing room, just to mess it up again.
Old 01-16-2014, 08:33 AM

I clean up after every quilt or project is finished. If I don't, there's no room to work!
Old 01-16-2014, 09:29 AM
Power Poster

Even tidy sewing rooms can hide unfinished projects. They multiply by themselves ya know. That is my story and I am sticking to it.
All that being said, I would love to finish up two a month and work on a quilt for my youngest brother this year. If I could do that, I would be happy.
Old 01-16-2014, 10:47 AM

I'm like Sunnye, if I don't clean up after a project, I can't start another one. There's just too much mess to find anything.
Old 01-17-2014, 03:11 AM

I reorganize after every project or else I would not be able to find anything.
Old 01-17-2014, 03:39 AM

We'll I cleaned all my sewing and craft items out last fall after 18years of saving. I never threw away any little piece of fabric. I sold boxes and boxes of fabric. I had a lot of quilters buy it. I use to sew for my 6 granddaughters but now they want brand name clothes so now I am going to just make quilts for them. Don't get me wrong I still have some but now I can more!
Old 01-17-2014, 04:27 AM

here's my problem, how many projects will I not finish, before I leave them to the next generation? Most of my daughters don't even sew? not a fun thought!
Old 01-17-2014, 04:42 AM

Couple of months back I decided to reorganize and paint. Still not where I want it. My problem is that I don't have a stash and when I want to start a quilt with some material I fell in love with, I don't have enough to make a quilt. Anyone wants to donate to a worthy cause so I can be like you.
Old 01-17-2014, 05:17 AM

Ha! It's so good to know there are others like me--I started to work on UFOs last year, and ended up starting quite a few projects in the process - It's crazy!! I did finish most of what I started and an important old one, and this year, I'm back to one for us (with no deadline) that has been on the back burner for YEARS! I have absolutely VOWED to myself, and now to you, this one will be done before anything else is even worked on this year. And then the two warm wishes I started (by mistake, so to speak) last year.

I do finish things in my own time however, so I must give myself credit for the crewel piece I started 36 years ago that I finished last fall in our RV! And I still like it! I think I'll be hanging it in the computer room.
Old 01-17-2014, 05:21 AM

I cleaned my room right after the holidays. Rearranged and it looked so good I didn't want to go in there and work for fear of messing it up. I had to talk myself into seeing it messy again. Didn't take long and I'm back where I belong. I had to tell myself that quilting rooms are not to be neat. Creativity breeds clutter....in a good way.