Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Wildflower Serenade I and II by Kansas Troubles Quilters

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Some day, I'd love to get these fabrics. It's Eddie's fault. He made a gorgeous quilt using them and I've been drooling ever since. I've never purchased a collection before. In my search to find it...it doesn't seem readily available and quite expensive. Where would you go to buy it?

You can find the first line for
    7.22 here http://www.upandawayquilts.com/cgi-b...&pid=1#9240-11
    7.65 here http://www.rossvillequilts.com/cgi-b...1#wfs2_9257_11
    and 7.92 here http://www.crafttownfabrics.net/cgi-...ade_II_9252-25

You should be able to get all of the first line among them as they all have large selections (scroll down thier pages). I think the second line is too new to be reduced yet. As for availability, there are 14 pages of it at quiltshops.com.

Are you looking for yardage, fat quarter collection or a charm pack for example?

This place has a bundle of "about 12" cuts" for $50 regular $80. I don't know how many are in the bundle, but you could call them and ask.

http://www.desperatequilters.com/cgi...erserenaderoll

Karla in CO

cjc
    Don't you love them? I got my first look at the Kansas Troubles in a kit that I bought at a quilt shop in North Carolina. The colors are gorgeous and they feel so nice.

Blog Entries
    Those are beautiful fabrics :D:D:D Maybe they will become more readily available soon and maybe? the prices will drop when the spring lines come out?

I have made two king size quilts from the Garden Inspiration line of Kansas Troubles, I absolutely love Kansas Troubles. I just bought Vine Creek, and now that I think about it I am not sure it is a KT line.

You can do a search at quiltshop.com to find any particular line, in the search box I also put the word sale and it finds fabrics that are sale priced too.
    Julie M

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Thanks, everyone! Hubby always says to just get it, but I can't. :roll: So...I told him if his parents give us money for Christmas...I'll think about it. It's fun to plan the purchase, too. I'd need to pick a pattern first...

I have never purchased anything but yardage... I wouldn't know what to do with strips or squares.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Oh gosh, ghost rider... I saw waaaay too many fabrics I like at your links.... oh no.

My middle name is 'enabler'...!! ;)

Yes, Vine Creek is another Kansas Troubles line....I know, because I am a huge Kansas Troubles fan myself.

I got Quiltgranny hooked too lol.

I've made a couple of things from Kansas Troubles fabrics, and I just love the way the look! I also buy charm packs and jelly rolls when I can get them. You can make whole quilts with the jelly rols, and the charm packs are great for smaller projects. Check out the Moda Bake Shop for patterns.

Yes, I too love Wildflower Serenade. I had a charm pack in my stash and made up a small tote with it and fell in love with the collection. Now I want more.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    If you find what you want, buy it because new lines come in and they stop making the old ones.
    Oh no!! :shock:

Quote Originally Posted by barnbum
    Thanks, everyone! Hubby always says to just get it, but I can't. :roll: So...I told him if his parents give us money for Christmas...I'll think about it. It's fun to plan the purchase, too. I'd need to pick a pattern first...

I have never purchased anything but yardage... I wouldn't know what to do with strips or squares.
    Need a KT pattern? How 'bout some freebies to look at?? These first two links have 5 FREE patterns each. Here ya go:

http://www.unitednotions.com/un_main...ansas-troubles

http://www.ktquilts.com/freepatterns.php

This link has FREE shipping on orders over $50 for KT fabs and gives you a preview of the newest KT collection coming out in Feb or March called "Butterfly Garden"!! To die for!!

http://www.christmascloth.com/Kansas...p?Store_Id=499

And wait, there's more. The Fat Quarter Shop is starting a new BOM in March using the new Butterfly Garden fabrics and another sensational pattern designed by Pam Buda (same awesome designer that did the Heartland Heritage BOM that I'm currently working on - also from the Fat Quarter Shop). You can look at this new one called "Hearth & Home" and sign up if you like here:

http://www.fatquartershop.com/store/...85&Parent_Ids=

Be sure to scroll over the quilt to see a larger pic on the side for details. There's also a link there to see the whole quilt. Don't miss this one! No affiliation, just a Kansas Troubles devotee - thanks to Mamaw!! LOL :thumbup:

Karla in CO

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Oh, Karla (such a nice name! :wink: ), you are so wonderful, I mean bad, I mean wonderful... I've already printed two patterns, but was thinking log cabin..but then maybe a sampler is best. But, if I really really love it, and who wouldn't with THOSE fabrics, how will I ever sell it? And I have too many quilts for keeps now.

Oh well. :-D

go to www.quiltfabricstore.com for Wildflower Serenade II

Quote Originally Posted by barnbum
    Oh, Karla (such a nice name! :wink: ), you are so wonderful, I mean bad, I mean wonderful... I've already printed two patterns, but was thinking log cabin..but then maybe a sampler is best. But, if I really really love it, and who wouldn't with THOSE fabrics, how will I ever sell it? And I have too many quilts for keeps now.

Oh well. :-D
    Hi Karla,

Yeah, us "Karla's", we're something else, aren't we? :lol: Hey, you don't think I'm going down alone, do ya? The more the merrier I think!! :thumbup: Our name is much nicer than "enabler" for example, don't you think? :lol: I figured if you already like the fabric, I might as well grab a shovel and help you dig your hole down further. :lol: Remember, it's all Mamaw's fault; she's the one that got me going on this line of fabs, ha ha. Of course I take no responsibility for the continued purchase of these fabrics, patterns and BOM's, oh my! :roll:

Keep us posted,

Karla in CO

I love KT fabrics, too, and have some in waiting. One thing I have noticed is that most of the new fabrics they do coordinate with the past fabrics. That makes it easy to collect.

Blog Entries
    I bought wildflower serenade fabric. It is even more gorgeous in person!!!!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Quiltgranny
    Are you looking for yardage, fat quarter collection or a charm pack for example?

This place has a bundle of "about 12" cuts" for $50 regular $80. I don't know how many are in the bundle, but you could call them and ask.

http://www.desperatequilters.com/cgi...erserenaderoll

Karla in CO
    Have you (or anyone else) ordered from this desperate quilters place? I saw some things I liked but wasnt sure since I have not ordered from them before.

Blog Entries
    It's Eddie's fault.
    Yeah, he recently got me in trouble too. He just makes so darn many gorgeous quilts!

Have you (or anyone else) ordered from this desperate quilters place? I saw some things I liked but wasnt sure since I have not ordered from them before.[/quote]

Yes, I have. Received great service and my order was packaged well. I will order from them again. A friend of mine orders from them and told me about them.

Karla in CO

Blog Entries
    I have to agree with the original "quite expensive" comment...wow...I sure can't afford those fabrics from those sites.

Quote Originally Posted by Quiltgranny
    Our name is much nicer than "enabler" for example, don't you think? :lol:
    Don't you worry, Granny, I didn't take that comment personally. I have too much self-confidence to let something like that get to me. Nope, doesn't bother me at all.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast