Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Will not ship to Box number! >

Will not ship to Box number!

Will not ship to Box number!

Old 12-01-2010, 07:26 AM

I noticed that some ebay sellers will not ship to postal boxes!They just lost my patronage. My shipping address in the states is a postal box as I live in Canada. Many sellers do not send to Canada due to shipping rates etc , so I have my purchases sent to a postal box in the states. We pick it up when we are down for business. I just ordered a large order from Connecting Threads . They sent to our postal box. So i don't get it as long as you are paid why not ship to a box??
Old 12-01-2010, 07:32 AM

It depends on how they ship. You can't ship UPS or FedEx to a PO box. Only USPS.
Old 12-01-2010, 07:36 AM
Power Poster

Katie must be right. I ship to Canada and po boxes but have only used USPS
Old 12-01-2010, 07:38 AM

That stinks!! I've noticed at my local shipping store has boxes for rent. I know they ship both Fed Ex and UPS. I wonder if a privately owned place like this one would accept delivery for you of UPS and Fed Ex packages?
Old 12-01-2010, 07:50 AM

It's also a security issue. People are known as having P.O. boxes to "front" illegal activities. Many online scammers use P.O. boxes to collect checks etc. so that when they start feeling any heat they close up shop and open a new P.O. box elsewhere.

I sell occasionally on ebay and will ship to P.O. boxes but I only use USPS and I make sure to check feedback and prior history before I do so. It's unfortunately, another added risk to doing business that some folks don't feel comfortable taking.
Old 12-01-2010, 07:51 AM

I know how that stinks. I live in an area that has no mail delivery only PO Boxes. When I get that- will not ship to PO boxes - I use my 911 address - then they try to tell me that is not a valid address. Oh well - that is the only other option. Just ship it - even the UPS/FEDEx guys here understand and still are able to deliver it. Believe me I sympathize with you.
Old 12-01-2010, 07:55 AM

Many shipping stores that have boxes for rent give you a "real" address so places that don't ship to P.O. boxes will ship to them.
Old 12-01-2010, 09:29 AM

For out of town orders, I have a post office box, just for this. Where I live I've lost way too many packages just left on the porch where way too many people can see them and they follow other people home.
Old 12-01-2010, 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by katier825
It depends on how they ship. You can't ship UPS or FedEx to a PO box. Only USPS.
Interestingly - - I recently ordered some rotary cutter blades from Harbor Freight - - It was shipped FedEx - - it arrived from my rural route postal carrier ... <wave>
Old 12-01-2010, 10:57 AM

I believe this is due to their shipping method. They are using UPS or FedEx. If you call or email, they may be happy to send by the postal service, however some larger businesses may have no way to accomplish that.