Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 100 of 183

Thread: WIP List

  1. #76
    BlueChicken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Gone
    Posts
    2,411
    It's called duraseal, it's not quite as heavy duty as the kitchen shelves stuff. I've lined a bare timber shelf (unvarnished) where the cat's bowls are with it. After a year it starts peeling off all by itself and falling on the cat's head! lol

  2. #77

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    1,844
    Wow!! I am coming over to help myself to some of your WIP's!!:)Love your blue and whites...my mom would adopt you on the spot!:)I am not going to give a list....for then it would be recognizing something or reason I shouldn't keep buying...and, I just can't do that!!:)I just reach in the dark and pull one out...:)Love your WIP's..! I think we have them only because we just don't have our own big sewing rooms w/big windows and plenty of light!!Annnddddd, that sewing machine to machine quilt on a frame with!! I'm sure that is the only reason....LOL That is what I will tell dh tonight!!:)Skeat

  3. #78
    BlueChicken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Gone
    Posts
    2,411
    LOL

    I blame my children.... show me where it says in the contract i HAVE to feed them three times a day... and wash their clothes... and take them places.... *sigh*

    ;-)

  4. #79
    Super Member GailG's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    6,763
    Butterflywing, I have that doohickey grid thingy. It's "grate" (pardon my pun).

  5. #80
    Super Member GailG's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    6,763
    Quote Originally Posted by GailG
    Thanks for the responses. I like the muslin idea. And then there's that 'ugly' fabric. :lol:

    About the little plastic thingies for basting with the gun. I used a large nail clipper to remove them. Just be careful not to clip the fabric.

    I had another thought. The shelves are not permanently attached. I think I will wrap the shelves instead of using glue. Hey, you gals surely get my juices flowing. Thanks.

  6. #81
    Senior Member Swan Song's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    405
    I have actually been working on my WIP list for the local shop hop next week. I told myself I was not going to buy anything but missing fabrics for projects I have planned. HA! We'll see how that goes.

    I haven't finished my list yet because it seems I have recently bought a few new patterns I really want to try out. I have to have fabric for those right?

    Right now I have to get the following done:

    1. I have to finish the quilted visual stimulation isolette and crib blocks for the NICU.

    2. I then have to make a shopping cart cover for a baby gift for a co-worker who just had a baby.

    3. I promised another co-worker 2 quilted picture holders for her girls new pictures. They are designed and fabric bought just need to get those together.

    4. Wedding gift for my daughter. I can't decide which to do though. I have several in mind just don't know which I want to do. I finished the shower gift. Pictures coming as soon as I wrestle the camera away from the kids.

    Here are things hanging around:

    1. A Texas block of the month from a couple years ago. Almost all pieced :oops:

    2. Four rag quilts-all cut and ready to sew.

    3. Three wall hangings that were class projects. Tops done just need to be sandwiched and quilted.

    4. A "Ring That Binds" wall hanging. All cut, 1 center quilted. I was going to teach a class in this method and this was to be the sample but my DH got hit by lightning and class was put on hold and then didn't have time to do the class this spring with the wedding and all.

    5. Various table runners. Tops done.

    6. Several Christmas wall hangings I pieced a couple years ago and then my DS got run over and all quilting things were stored by my DD never to be seen again. These are all that survived her "storing".

    Alright, now I have various "projects" that all the fabric is bought for just not started.

    1. A "Fun and Done". I love the fabric just haven't gotten to it.

    2. All the blocks and finishing kit for the online "Patchwork Party" from last year :oops:

    3. Asian fabrics for "9 Patch Pizzaz".

    4. All fabric for a quilt my DH fell in love with at a shop hop.

    5. All fabric for lap quilts for the 3 Grandkids-these will end up being Christmas presents I think.

    6. Kit for an "A-Mazing" wall hanging. I fell in love with the colors. They don't go with anything in my house but I loved the pattern and colors. I am sure they match something Terri has though and she will claim it soon as she reads this! ROFL

    7. I have a couple "Gracie Handbag" fabric combos for myself. I made 10 as Christmas presents last year and then needed a break so never got around to making mine. Typical :lol:

    If I think about it longer I am sure there are probably a couple more :roll:

    My newest patterns-no fabric...yet :wink:

    1. "Hunter's Star" I want to make a 2 color wall hanging to try this out. I am not sure just what 2 colors .

    2. "Paper Doll" lap quilts for my DGDs. These I want to have done by the wedding to give them something to play around with while the adults "visit". Now I have to come up with something for my DGS :roll:

    3. I bought a "Transitions" pattern. I loved the pattern and have never done a batik quilt. I thought I would try this.

    4. "Crazy Eight Strip Teaser" table topper. I loved the pattern haven't decided on fabrics.

    5. "Promise Stitch Log Cabin" pattern. I don't do a lot of hand piecing but thought this was a way to use up some scraps while "watching" TV with my DH ;-) Also portable enough to take to Dr. appts, have for lunch breaks at work, etc.

    WOW! I better stop typing and start sewing! :shock:








  7. #82
    BlueChicken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Gone
    Posts
    2,411
    Anyone finished any yet?!? ;-) LOL

    I have to go to a friend's place today, she's just moved into her house and it's pretty run down, so hubby and I are giving them a hand to do it up. Have promised them a full day today of plastering and painting. So no sewing until maybe tonight :-(
    But hubby is going fishing tomorrow, it's a public holiday, so I'm going to hide in my dungeon alllllll day!


  8. #83
    BlueChicken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Gone
    Posts
    2,411
    Quote Originally Posted by Swan Song
    My newest patterns-no fabric...yet :wink:

    1. "Hunter's Star" I want to make a 2 color wall hanging to try this out. I am not sure just what 2 colors .
    Oh no... I googled Hunters Star and the pattern is gorgeous! I think my list of "things to do one day" just got longer! LOL
    I'd pick your favourite colours, you can't go wrong.

  9. #84
    Power Poster Mousie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    17,283
    JoanneS wrote:
    ...languishing (I love that word - makes me think of Victorian ladies in too-tight corsets) in a box somewhere in my Tucson sewing room.

    Joanne, you have Victorian ladies in too tight corsets languishing in your Tucson sewing room???
    don't u think it's about time to let them out?lol!!! :wink: :wink::lol::lol:

  10. #85
    Super Member GailG's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    6,763
    Quote Originally Posted by quiltncrazy
    JoanneS wrote:
    ...languishing (I love that word - makes me think of Victorian ladies in too-tight corsets) in a box somewhere in my Tucson sewing room.

    Joanne, you have Victorian ladies in too tight corsets languishing in your Tucson sewing room???
    don't u think it's about time to let them out?lol!!! :wink: :wink::lol::lol:
    or, at least loosen their corset strings. :lol:

  11. #86
    Power Poster Mousie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    17,283
    lol, there ya go, Gail...high 5!!!
    :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

  12. #87
    Senior Member Swan Song's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    405
    Yes Joanne it really must be difficulty to quilt if your corset is too tight lol

    BlueChicken here is a link to the site I got the pattern and ruler from. I don't know if that's the one you found or not. It doesn't look like it will hurt my brain too much to figure from the video. :lol:
    https://www.baysidequilting.com/store/scripts/prodList.asp?idCategory=449]https://www.baysidequilting.com/stor...idCategory=449[/url]

    My problem with the colors is I was going to put it in my bedroom since it is due for paint and a general redo. I could pick what I like and decorate around those colors, but...if it turns out wonderful then no one but me and DH will see it in there. Maybe I need to do it so I can put it in a different room. Hmm decisions, decisions. Of course I do have to get those at the top of the list done so I can get to it.

    I guess there will be no languishing going on around here! :lol:

  13. #88
    Power Poster Mousie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    17,283
    [quote=Skeat]
    ..... [color=blue]just reach in the dark and pull one out[/color

    gee, Skeat, that's how you quilt? lol. I thought that's how babies got here.:lol::lol:lol:

  14. #89
    Super Member Carol W's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    1,410
    Those are great!!!

  15. #90
    BlueChicken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Gone
    Posts
    2,411
    Quote Originally Posted by Swan Song
    My problem with the colors is I was going to put it in my bedroom since it is due for paint and a general redo. I could pick what I like and decorate around those colors, but...if it turns out wonderful then no one but me and DH will see it in there. Maybe I need to do it so I can put it in a different room. Hmm decisions, decisions. Of course I do have to get those at the top of the list done so I can get to it.

    I guess there will be no languishing going on around here! :lol:
    I'm an interior painter, and I always tell my clients... paint comes in millions of different colours. While fabric has a massive range, it DOES have limits. So, pick your fabrics and furnishings first (or in this case, make your quilt), and then chose a paint to compliment. :-)

  16. #91

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    1,844
    [quote=quiltncrazy]
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeat
    ..... [color=blue]just reach in the dark and pull one out[/color

    gee, Skeat, that's how you quilt? lol. I thought that's how babies got here.:lol::lol:lol:
    Ahhh....nope on the how babies get here!! Everyone knows that stork still is delivering:)

  17. #92
    Senior Member key4unc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    584
    Unlucky 13 - quick - think of another one!
    Either that or you could finish one and only have 12 :lol:

  18. #93
    Piedmont Quilter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    1,066
    After reading everyones WIP lists - I don't feel so bad about my list - just in good company!
    Here's my list (what I can remember)

    2 baby quilts ready for binding (babies were born November 2008 )

    1 baby quilt on frame with less than 12" to quilt (baby born in Dec 2008 )

    36" x 36" Patriotic quilt (still in piecing stage)

    Have fabric to make new top for my outdoor swing and cushions to match. (Probable need to get that done soon since the weather is warming up !!)

    2 John Deere quilts for my kids (hopefully Christmas surprise) have all JD fabric, still collecting warn-out jeans from me, kids, DH and granddaddy

    snail trail quilt (first blocks I ever pieced)

    All fabrics gathered for quilt for me

    All "Whirlwind" Wizard of Oz fabrics for BF 50th October of '10 - at least I've got over a year to get this one done!!

    Small quilts for us to use on our foot rests in the livingroom - to keep the cat/dog hair off the microswead (SP???)

    Have started the pioneer BOM - thats on going - but still a WIP

    Collecting for the Birdhouse BOM

    Think that's about it - but can't guarantee it. The more I look at everyones pics the more I find that I want to do!!

    PQ

  19. #94
    BlueChicken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Gone
    Posts
    2,411
    *sigh*

    I nearly finished one last night.... just have to add a 5" plain border to my stars and it's done. And guess what. :-( Not enough fabric left!

    Off to the shop today to hopefully get some more, although I have vague recollections of buying the last piece and the owner saying she would order some more in for me.

  20. #95
    Super Member JoanneS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    AZ and CT
    Posts
    4,885
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by butterflywing
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueChicken
    ! We have some of that sticky plastic stuff the kids cover their books in, I might use some of that.
    BC, be careful. if that's the stuff we call contac paper (made to line kitchen shelves) you may be inviting trouble. after a while it ...mmmm...stretches, leaving hills of excess contac paper. also, the sticky residue underneath becomes kind of slimey. i don't know if you want to put anything sticky on nice furnitire. we had a vacation house once that had that on the kitchen shelves and when we sold it after 10 years, i still couldn't get the last of it off. there's no telling how it will act.

    my grandma always used parchment paper for shelves and drawers. ( i still remember her little crocheted sachets.)
    BC - I agree - you don't have to STICK the paper down - just put it between your 'good' fabric and the wood.

  21. #96
    Super Member JoanneS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    AZ and CT
    Posts
    4,885
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by GailG
    Quote Originally Posted by GailG
    Thanks for the responses. I like the muslin idea. And then there's that 'ugly' fabric. :lol:

    About the little plastic thingies for basting with the gun. I used a large nail clipper to remove them. Just be careful not to clip the fabric.

    I had another thought. The shelves are not permanently attached. I think I will wrap the shelves instead of using glue. Hey, you gals surely get my juices flowing. Thanks.
    BRILLIANT!!!!111111

  22. #97
    BlueChicken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Gone
    Posts
    2,411
    I have to confess I got lazy... I just used baking paper! ;-)

    I cut a piece the size of the shelves, then whacked my fabric down on top to hold it flat.

  23. #98
    Super Member JoanneS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    AZ and CT
    Posts
    4,885
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Swan Song
    I have actually been working on my WIP list for the local shop hop next week. I told myself I was not going to buy anything but missing fabrics for projects I have planned. HA! We'll see how that goes.

    I haven't finished my list yet because it seems I have recently bought a few new patterns I really want to try out. I have to have fabric for those right?

    Right now I have to get the following done:

    1. I have to finish the quilted visual stimulation isolette and crib blocks for the NICU.

    2. I then have to make a shopping cart cover for a baby gift for a co-worker who just had a baby.

    3. I promised another co-worker 2 quilted picture holders for her girls new pictures. They are designed and fabric bought just need to get those together.

    4. Wedding gift for my daughter. I can't decide which to do though. I have several in mind just don't know which I want to do. I finished the shower gift. Pictures coming as soon as I wrestle the camera away from the kids.

    Here are things hanging around:

    1. A Texas block of the month from a couple years ago. Almost all pieced :oops:

    2. Four rag quilts-all cut and ready to sew.

    3. Three wall hangings that were class projects. Tops done just need to be sandwiched and quilted.

    4. A "Ring That Binds" wall hanging. All cut, 1 center quilted. I was going to teach a class in this method and this was to be the sample but my DH got hit by lightning and class was put on hold and then didn't have time to do the class this spring with the wedding and all.

    5. Various table runners. Tops done.

    6. Several Christmas wall hangings I pieced a couple years ago and then my DS got run over and all quilting things were stored by my DD never to be seen again. These are all that survived her "storing".

    Alright, now I have various "projects" that all the fabric is bought for just not started.

    1. A "Fun and Done". I love the fabric just haven't gotten to it.

    2. All the blocks and finishing kit for the online "Patchwork Party" from last year :oops:

    3. Asian fabrics for "9 Patch Pizzaz".

    4. All fabric for a quilt my DH fell in love with at a shop hop.

    5. All fabric for lap quilts for the 3 Grandkids-these will end up being Christmas presents I think.

    6. Kit for an "A-Mazing" wall hanging. I fell in love with the colors. They don't go with anything in my house but I loved the pattern and colors. I am sure they match something Terri has though and she will claim it soon as she reads this! ROFL

    7. I have a couple "Gracie Handbag" fabric combos for myself. I made 10 as Christmas presents last year and then needed a break so never got around to making mine. Typical :lol:

    If I think about it longer I am sure there are probably a couple more :roll:

    My newest patterns-no fabric...yet :wink:

    1. "Hunter's Star" I want to make a 2 color wall hanging to try this out. I am not sure just what 2 colors .

    2. "Paper Doll" lap quilts for my DGDs. These I want to have done by the wedding to give them something to play around with while the adults "visit". Now I have to come up with something for my DGS :roll:

    3. I bought a "Transitions" pattern. I loved the pattern and have never done a batik quilt. I thought I would try this.

    4. "Crazy Eight Strip Teaser" table topper. I loved the pattern haven't decided on fabrics.

    5. "Promise Stitch Log Cabin" pattern. I don't do a lot of hand piecing but thought this was a way to use up some scraps while "watching" TV with my DH ;-) Also portable enough to take to Dr. appts, have for lunch breaks at work, etc.

    WOW! I better stop typing and start sewing! :shock:

    I'm REALLY hoping your DH DIDN'T get hit by lightning and your DS DIDN'Tget run over and that those are just excuses for your long lists! If those things really happened, I hope they've recovered!






  24. #99
    Senior Member Swan Song's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    405
    Oh Joanne I really wish those things didn't happen also but they did. Both are back to normal...well as normal as they were before. ;-) "Normal" around here is a relative term. :lol: Anyway, now I can cringe everytime they walk out the door. I never know what will happen around here. Oh and by the way never open the front door during a thunderstorm to lookout and check how bad it is in bare feet with your hand on the metal doorknob. Lightning can come into the house! And it will throw you across the room.

  25. #100
    BlueChicken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Gone
    Posts
    2,411
    :shock:

    Far out! That's scary stuff!

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.