Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
WIP List >

WIP List

WIP List

Old 04-08-2009, 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by JoanneS
Blue Chicken - Bach is definitely NOT ugly. I can barely see the cabinet with your stash, but it is LOVELY. Please post a picture of it all by itself!
LOL
That's my "special stash"... that cabinet holds my favourites, McKenna Ryan fabrics, Loralie, batiks, bits I've bought for a specific purpose like motorbike fabric and co-ordinates for my son, horses for one of the girls, etc.
I have other drawers with fat quarters all sorted into colours, and another drawer with panels, another holds my butterfly fabric collection (that I don't have the heart to actually cut! lol)

My special stash cabinet
[ATTACH=CONFIG]31644[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-31644.jpe  
Old 04-08-2009, 06:17 PM
Power Poster

I have a few WIP around the house. Oh, and maybe a few UFOs. Just some things to keep me busy on a rainy day LOL
Old 04-08-2009, 06:19 PM

I've got a few NESY's too....

Not Even Started Yet! ;-)
Old 04-08-2009, 09:09 PM

Blue Chicken - thank you for such fast action on the picture - that's a REALLY SPECIAL stash cabinet! Love that you're using it for fabric. I have a couple glass fronted cabinets that we use for more mundane things - wine glasses & such. I think I'll try to talk DH into letting me keep my stash in it! Would be a little strange in the dining room. Wonder if our friends would notice?
Old 04-08-2009, 09:12 PM

We have another cabinet that used to belong to my grandmother that has her wedding dinner set in it, and my mother's china set, and a few special bits and pieces. I'm eyeing it up for fabric storage now! LOL
Old 04-08-2009, 09:38 PM

My WIP list. I'm shocked to see how many I have. I'm so obsessive :evil: that I usually can't start a new Q until I finish the current one. Guess I'm not as obsessive as I thought. :lol: All are in Tucson with me. I can't think of any that are awaiting me in CT. :lol: But 2 of these will return there with me to be quilted! I thought I was going to quilt them in Tucson, but then those twins were born, and it has taken me the whole dern winter & then some to get them done. I think the chemo has REALLY slowed down my thought processes. :( I get to use the 'chemo brain' excuse for at least another 4 years.

Twin baby quilts - almost finished.

Double bed quilt - 3rd of 4 quilts made from old clothes DD gave me last summer to take my mind off chemo. I finished the first 2 and gave them to her & family in November. These 2 are Mile-a-minute with peach sashing from my stash. Layered and pinned (before I discovered spray adhesive).

Lap quilt - 4th quilt (top only) from DD's family's clothes. M-a-M with red sashing - I think - haven't looked at it since Nov!

Foundation-piecing from silk ties - begun about 5 years ago; languishing (I love that word - makes me think of Victorian ladies in too-tight corsets) in a box somewhere in my Tucson sewing room.

PaperPieced NYBeauty from Karen Stone book. 1 block done in '04. All the rest traced, fabrics ready to go. Another languishing WIP.

Repair of lap quilt originally made for batchelor son - well-loved by his wife and 9 and 7 year old sons. I've been given a reprieve on the repair until their house sells in Chicago, and they move to VA.
Old 04-08-2009, 10:32 PM
k3n
Power Poster

B you are so funny - you make me laugh! Promise me when you start something else, it'll be something you actually LIKE! :D

Joanne - thanks for sharing, I'm loving reading people's lists!

Blue - wow your stash cabinet is lovely - much nicer than china - hide that in a cupboard, stash rocks!!! :D

K x
Old 04-09-2009, 05:57 AM

that's why they're not finished. if i loved them, they would be done.
Old 04-09-2009, 07:23 AM
k3n
Power Poster

Originally Posted by butterflywing
that's why they're not finished. if i loved them, they would be done.
I know EXACTLY what you mean. I mad a king size quilt for my Mum and she chose the pattern (luckily only a nine patch) AND the fabric, which I hated! I was glad to see the back of THAT one. Luckily she nagged me daily til I got it DONE! And now I'll make quilts for whoever asks but I'LL pick the fabric! :D

K x
Old 04-09-2009, 07:50 AM

I usually like to finish one project before I start another because I like to feel like I've accomplished something :D However... I have not one, but TWO snowman/mitten wallhangings unfinished (one for me, one for my dd - might as well make two at the same time, right?) They were my first applique project and decided I HATE applique. My fusible web unfused, I'd never done an applique stitch on my machine and it didn't come out like I'd hoped. They're all sandwiched and basted, but I now detest them and it'll take me till next Christmas to even suck it up and quilt them. :lol:
Then I have a small bear paw wallhanging, also basted waiting for me to quilt it.
Actually just finished a baby quilt for a friend that just needs a label put on and that'll be completely done.
And my first, designed by me on my EQ6 I got for Christmas, flannel throw for my living room couch. It's about halfway pieced (not sure...haven't been able to work on it for about 6 weeks). I'm really excited about it because it'll be the first one that's all my design from start to finish. It's not a difficult or fancy pattern, but I love the fabrics and I love, love, love flannel quilts.
I think that's all the WIPs I have. The rest of you amaze me (in a GOOD way!) I might actually do more quilting if I had some in different stages, because then I could do whatever part of the process I feel like doing that day!