Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Women at Lowes think I have lost my mind!!

that's what I'm screamin', K!
    I think to see quilts in everything is perfectly normal to creative ppl, and those that don't see them? awwwww..... :wink:

I remember standing at a bus stop in the middle of winter some years ago in the downtown area. There are many old buildings down there and many have nice decorative designs in them. I saw a really nice design at the top of the Royal Bank of Canada Bank and went home and drafted the design. I later actually put it in a Round Robin quilt I was working on with a Canadian group. It turned out really nice!

I too am forever getting inspiration from the wildest of places. I have seen designs in tiles too...

Quote Originally Posted by Quilting Aggi
    I remember standing at a bus stop in the middle of winter some years ago in the downtown area. There are many old buildings down there and many have nice decorative designs in them. I saw a really nice design at the top of the Royal Bank of Canada Bank and went home and drafted the design. I later actually put it in a Round Robin quilt I was working on with a Canadian group. It turned out really nice!

I too am forever getting inspiration from the wildest of places. I have seen designs in tiles too...
    hey, where you been, girl? how you liking that new house?
    your quilt sounds beautiful, did you take a pic? :wink:

hay we've all been there an i've seen patterns in some strang places to so don't feel bad.

Banned
    How about this. Stick a little stack of "Sticky Notes" in your purse or pocket. When you see those inspirational floors, etc., you can sit right there on the little potty and draw the block so you remember it. Just jot the grid down and go from there. I've done a LOT of that! When I get home, I add the block to my quilting program!

Quote Originally Posted by 2K
    How about this. Stick a little stack of "Sticky Notes" in your purse or pocket. When you see those inspirational floors, etc., you can sit right there on the little potty and draw the block so you remember it. Just jot the grid down and go from there. I've done a LOT of that! When I get home, I add the block to my quilting program!
    2k, your 2 smart. I had to start using a tote bag, instead of a purse, when I started quilting. I can't go anywhere without paper, and pen, quilting mags, fab store sale papers, etc. etc. etc.
    I have sat and drawn many a tile, wall border, pattern on chairs... :wink:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2