Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Wool Mug Mats - Shabby Fabrics >

Wool Mug Mats - Shabby Fabrics

Wool Mug Mats - Shabby Fabrics

Old 03-06-2019, 05:35 PM

Default Wool Mug Mats - Shabby Fabrics

Last week I saw a free pattern for a wool Mug Mat that they are going to offer monthly. (They were also offering kits.) It was bright colors on black wool and they talked about how they made it bigger than last years as people were saying they didn't like covering it up with their mugs. Now, I've been back to their web site and can't find it. Shoot I wanted to print out the pattern. Did any of you save it or can you guide me to where I can find it?
Old 03-06-2019, 06:35 PM

Is this the pattern you're looking for?

https://www.shabbyfabrics.com/Assets...orDownload.pdf
Old 03-07-2019, 05:42 AM

Yes!!!! Now hopefully I will be able to find the rest when they come out. Do you have any info on that?

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 03-08-2019 at 06:18 AM. Reason: shouting/all caps
Old 03-07-2019, 06:35 AM

Oh isn't that sweet!
Old 03-07-2019, 08:11 AM

Googled to find. The month March was on your pattern so I thought there may be more. Here it is... https://www.shabbyfabrics.com/Search.aspx?k=mug+mats
Old 03-07-2019, 11:04 PM

Location: Asheville, previously Lake Vermilion, Tarpon Springs, Duluth, St Paul, Soudan

Go to the Shabby Fabrics U Tube channel. The tutorial for the March project includes instructions on accessing the downloads. If you subscribe to the channel and want notifications of new videos, turn on notifications when asked.
Old 03-08-2019, 03:28 AM

Default Thanks for the link for free patterns

Originally Posted by Kitsie View Post
Googled to find. The month March was on your pattern so I thought there may be more. Here it is... https://www.shabbyfabrics.com/Search.aspx?k=mug+mats

I have wanted to try making a wool or felt mat for a long time. I appreciate your posting the link to download the free patterns.

Has anyone tried using Felt vs wool to make the mats? I wasn't sure you could use heat and bond lite on felt.
Thank you!
Old 03-08-2019, 04:19 AM

I have never used felt. I would be afraid that if I need it to be washed (coffee spill) it would shrink up badly. But, then again I never tried it. If you have felt, throw it in the washer and dryer before putting the time into the project. However, I have used the better quality flannel very successfully. My friends have been using wool, cotton, flannel mixing them altogether. I really love that look and that's the plans for this one. I'm pretty excited to have a small lap project.
Krisb - thanks for the tip on subscribing to the UTube channel, I'm going to do that right now.