Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Would like feedback about Viking Quilt Designer ll >

Would like feedback about Viking Quilt Designer ll

Would like feedback about Viking Quilt Designer ll

Old 01-06-2014, 07:45 PM

Default Would like feedback about Viking Quilt Designer ll

If you have this machine would you let me know what you think of it? How long have they been made? Is $1100.00 a fair price? What did they sell for new? Thanks!
Old 01-07-2014, 03:04 AM

I worked for Viking inside a Joanns about 7 years ago. I think back then, the QD2 was no longer being made as we had the new "Designer". We did have a used one on the floor and I really liked it - do not remember what they were new but the used one was well over 2K. When I sewed in the shop I used it often. I was in the market for a new machine and was seriously considering it - but in the end I decided on a used Pfaff 2158 that had the IDT foot. Still - the Viking QD2 was a very nice machine.
Old 01-07-2014, 03:16 AM

I have this machine. Paid $2800 for it about 10 years ago and I LOVE it. Never failed to do what I wanted it to do and I make a lot of quilts.
Old 01-07-2014, 03:39 AM

I have a Viking Platinum 950 - about the same vintage as that machine. Have never had an ounce of trouble with it. The D2 was way more machine than I was looking for (and still is!) but it did seem like a very nice machine. I paid $1200 for mine new and I know the D2 was way more $$ at the time.
Old 01-07-2014, 04:07 AM

I have a viking Scandinavia embroidery machine, I paid 1,200 for it and never have had problems with it. You cannot go wrong with a viking.
Old 01-07-2014, 05:46 AM

I have a QDII and love it. The choice was between the QDII and the first Bernina to have the stitch regulator. The folks selling the Bernina were so rude and full of themselves, after just demonstrating it at a quilt show, that I bought the Viking.

There have been times when I've wished there had been another Bernina dealer to go with, as I don't fmq very well, but the viking has been a wonderful choice. I don't have the embroidery unit and never have missed it. The D cards are very hard to get, however. Does the machine you're looking at come with some? Also, the QDII was made in Sweden, which should help its value.

hugs,
Charlotte
Old 01-07-2014, 03:47 PM

I think I just saw one of these listed on the local CL for $550.