Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: You Know You Are a Quilter When. . . . . .

Actually, I have seen a variation of this in the last Nancy's Notions catalogue... sounds like a version of felting to me...

My son knows he can never move back in. His room is now my sewing room - even got rid of the spare bed.

And you know you're a quilter when you are kissing your husband and you see quilts behind your closed eyes.

So much for romance! That's pathetic isn't it?

Debbie...I'm sure you are not alone. While I have never had her confess to me that she took a rubbing of the tile, I knew someone who carries around a little note pad in her purse for just such occasions when she is otherwise "indisposed" and sees what would be a neat pattern!!

Quote Originally Posted by quiltmaker101
    My son knows he can never move back in. His room is now my sewing room - even got rid of the spare bed.

And you know you're a quilter when you are kissing your husband and you see quilts behind your closed eyes.

So much for romance! That's pathetic isn't it?
    Now Wendy... We would never do such things... Uh, would we Ladies?? I'm SURE it was AFTER you kissed him bye, but as you were shutting the door... Right?? :wink:

My Pastor says confession is good for the soul, but bad for the reputation... At times such as this my reputation ups in value to me... :lol:

I got rid of everything when he left 5 years ago but he brough it back new stuff.

You know you are a quilter when you live in a 3 bedroom house by yourself; One bedroom for you, one for your sewing room, and one chucked full of boxes and boxes of quilting magazines of all the projects you want to do someday.

Actually knew a lady like that.

Debbie-It is called a felting needle. Viking makes them. they also have a machine that does just that, but I don't know if the dust bunnies would work.
    You know you are a quilter when... your non-quilting freinds better learn to quilt or else.............

You sneak your little featherweight in the car on family vacation. :lol:

....when you insist on stopping at every small and large fabric stores just to make sure they don't have something you need.

I remember taking a trip to California with my husband. Boy did he gripe at me. But I did find out that not all JoAnn's, Hancock's and WalMarts (at the time) had the exact same fabric available. :lol:

you know when.....your wish list is simple......fabric! And....what better inspiration than kisses from your love to inspire yet another quilt? Isn't that where they come from......or maybe that was the smell of coffee...bread baking....snowfall....brb....got another idea!
    :D

lol

I can think of a few that I'd love to pounce with those needles! I just saw a pattern in a new mag about making a wall hanging like that. Not with people but with those needles. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Debbie Murry
    You know you're a quilter when you're sitting on the toilet at a restruant looking down at the floor tile and thinking "that would make a pretty block" and then do a rubbing with paper towels and a pencil. Been there.
    LMAO! I've actually done that!

Let's see...

You know you're a quilter if...

*You have been able to gain inspiration for a quilt from one or more of the following:
    --Video games
    --Japanese anime shows
    --Horror movies
    --Heavy metal bands

*Your friend, who had a C-Section, tells you that the doctor sewed her up using a blind hem stitch because she knows you'll find that information very interesting.

*The lady who usually cuts fabric at Wal-Mart jokes about how many times this week she's has had to cut fabric for you and laughs a little when you say "I promise this will be the last time for this week!"

*You have at least three Yahoo! Image Searches on your favorites that involve quilting. Even more so if each of them are from the same search (like for "quilt" for example), but each link shows results for a certain image size (one link for wallpaper sized images, another for medium sized images, etc).

Goddess we must have been in the same restruant. And by the way I have about 30 engine searches and 15 of those have a shortcut on my desktop. Can't wait those 5 seconds to get there.

Goddess....Those are too funny. Thankfully, I haven't received such information about a friends C-Section...but I do think that this is hysterical!! I can just imagine some quilters I know that would appreciate it.

...you've wondered if the design on the toilet paper in your bathroom would make a good top stitching design. Maybe even for the quilt you got the idea for while looking on the bathroom floor.

Quote Originally Posted by Flying_V_Goddess
    ...you've wondered if the design on the toilet paper in your bathroom would make a good top stitching design. Maybe even for the quilt you got the idea for while looking on the bathroom floor.
    Good one :lol: ... & I'll add... you look at the quilting designs in paper towels as well, trying to figure out how you could use them in your quilt

when....you watch the Quilted Northern girls for hints on a quilting design...

when you actualy see a design in you 3 year olds scribbling

You knoow you're a quilter when it's your birthday and the gifts that are NOT fabric or patterns are wrapped in pretty paper from McCall's that are quilt block paper.

Quote Originally Posted by ceannastahr
    when you actualy see a design in you 3 year olds scribbling
    My nepwhew drew the greatest little dog when he was 4. I made a baby bib out of the design for his new baby. Cross stitched and quilted. He loved it.

Boo
    What a wonderful thing, Nora. You just amaze me with your creativity! Now I wish I would have been more careful with my daughters drawings when she was small. More recently a neighbor boy brought me his name on a piece of paper for first time. He was so proud he wanted me to have it. Well it was on my fridge for a year and then they moved away. I finally tossed it. :( His letters weren't together in a line, but all on the same sheet of paper. What an accomplishment for the little guy! I remember how hard he struggled and how frustrating it was for him. I am a bad person. Bad Boo!

The foot that can be used that has multiple needles is called a "felting" foot. It is usually used with wool fibers which are then embedded into the fabric.

Quote Originally Posted by Boo
    What a wonderful thing, Nora. You just amaze me with your creativity! Now I wish I would have been more careful with my daughters drawings when she was small. More recently a neighbor boy brought me his name on a piece of paper for first time. He was so proud he wanted me to have it. Well it was on my fridge for a year and then they moved away. I finally tossed it. :( His letters weren't together in a line, but all on the same sheet of paper. What an accomplishment for the little guy! I remember how hard he struggled and how frustrating it was for him. I am a bad person. Bad Boo!
    Boo, you are not bad at all. My DH & I have raised our Girls in the same home all of their lives, so over the years I have "adopted" many neighborhood children/teens. Over the years they have all, at one time or the other, given me things to decorate our fridge on a regular basis. You can't keep all of it. I have cards, drawings, hand prints, animal memorials, and many other special items from my own Girls and a few from the adopted children in a box, but you just can't keep it all. You are not bad... too many of them will draw mice and other creepy things, and you will eventually run out of space. You left it hanging for a year and until the boy moved away; you met your term of gratitude. :D

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast