Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: You know you think about quilting too much when .....

Blog Entries
    I am guilty of this one.
    Quote Originally Posted by spokanequilter View Post
    ...even the tile pattern in the bathroom at the mall gives you an idea for a quilt.

Blog Entries
    When you look at a strangers tie and remark, 'where did you get your tie? It sure would look good in a quilt!'

By my own admission have more fabric and patterns than I can use up in this lifetime, but can't stay away from a good fabric sale!

Blog Entries
    When you stop a man on the street and ask if you can take a quick picture of the back of his shirt with your camera phone because it would make a great quilt pattern.

In autozone to plck up a battery and make the comment to the salesperson "That mans shirt would look great in a quilt"

Blog Entries
    when at your DS new house you almost burn the gravy you are supposed to be stirring because you realize the tile backsplash behind the stove ... is a pattern... you just are trying to remember the name...Ah haa square in a square on point with a flying geese border. Gravy was fine DDIL is a saint.

in front of this dang computer instead of my Bernina!(Naples, Florida)
    When you think more about how you can get your hands on your customer's shirt for a quilt than how big a tip they'll leave... *blush*
    aka Chicken McLittle

If it's true we learn from our mistakes, I'm going to be a genius!

...When you visit your friend, use the bathroom, and see that there toilet paper has a differnent quilted design than yours so you stick a square in your pocket then ask what brand of toilet paper they use.

You are so addicted to quilting and fabric that it infects the whole family. We were sitting in church and DH leaned over and said, "You see that lady 3 pews up on the end? Wouldn't her dress make pretty quilt patches?"

watching the Borgia series on tv and when the camera does an "overhead" shot in one of the cathedrals, just drooling over the beautiful "quilt design" of the mosaic floors.........knowing even that far back there were artisans who thought in squares/triangles/curves..........

Blog Entries
    When your husband says "Don't forget to bring something to read" when y'all are running errands and you always grab some quilting magazines or quilt books.

When there's a stack of quilting magazines beside "your" chair, on your nightstand and maybe even in the bathroom as well!

When all your saved ebay searches are fabric related.

When your amazon wishlist is totally related to quilts and quilting. Ditto your computer bookmarks.

When all your travels include fabric shopping.

When your family never needs to ask what you would like for a gift! (Fabric gift cards or see my Amazon wish list)

When you get to your Project Linus monthly work sessions late because you are finishing just one more top.

When your sewing machine is the star of your living room and you have the ironing board in front of your fireplace.

When you have not one, not two, but three yard sized cutting mats all with their own locations throughout your house and the porch is one of them.

When you repeatedly miss guild meetings because you are. . . quilting!

When you promise yourself you won't quilt tomorrow and plan to catch up everything else. Then you almost always break your promise.
    Holli
    Your Favorite (Retired) School Librarian

Today I bent the truth to be kind, and I have no regret, For I am far surer of what is kind than I am of what is true.

Quote Originally Posted by jcrow View Post
    ...you're on the way to the grocery store and end up at the quilt shop instead!
    Been there, done that! More than a couple times. At least it keeps the grocery budget down.

I own a small print shop and I cut out different colors of paper to help design quilt patterns. I use the clip art files to make embroidery designs, or stamps, or designs for screen prints.
    Kathleen Clendennen
    www.thequiltgal.com

If you admire a coworker skirt and then add " it would make a fabulous quilt"

When you walk into a fabric shop, and say "YUMMIE!"
    If a woman's work is never done....why start?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by spokanequilter View Post
    ...even the tile pattern in the bathroom at the mall gives you an idea for a quilt.
    Its good to know I'm not the only one that does this --I do get some strange looks as I'm drawing the pattern in my tablet.

GUILTY OF THE ABOVE-glad I am in good company. Now if I can just figure out how to quilt the many tops I have done. Good at tops -bad at quilting!!

When you are out and little boys say you have a thread on you....Well the first time was a little boy since then it has been a lot of different people. Yes I know I'm a quilter.

I was out of town for the weekend visiting family and for the first time I found myself staring at a floor rug piecing it into a block. I finally got paper and did a rough sketch of the pattern. Does that mean I now have to join the twelve step program for quilt addicts.

Donah

Quote Originally Posted by DogHouseMom View Post
    .... your co-worker points to several files stacked on a cabinet and asks "why are these here?" and you reply "Those are fabrics that I need to scan then shred".

Quizical look from co-worker followed by a chuckle.
    I don't understand...what do you mean, scan then shred? Shred what?

You dream in "Stack and Whack" !
    Or you talk a co-worker out of his shirt for your next project!
    or...Lunch hours is spent at the quilt store instead of eating.
    Lottie
    Be Yourself. Everyone else is taken.

scan "files" onto micro-fiche and then shred the papers.
    Lottie

You stop wearing acrylic nails because you can't get thimbles to fit over your middle fingers. (I wear 2 for hand-quilting.)
    Lottie

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    When you rewind and pause the latest movie so you can take a good look at the quilt in the background.
    When a "normal" person would cry at the emotional scene in the movie and all you can say is "wow - cool quilt."

Blog Entries
    When I'm walking through the Men's Clothing Department in Wally World and looking at the cotton plaid shirts think how nice they would look in a quilt.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast