Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: You'll be jealous...

Cool You'll be jealous...

I went to a quilt show with Eleanor Burns! Last night in my dreams.
    Holly

Blog Entries
    probably the same one i went to last year hope you had as much fun as i did
    Nancy in western NY
    before you speak T.H.I.N.K.
    T is it True? H is it Helpful? I is it Inspiring? N is it Necessary? K is it Kind?

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance.

Ha Ha Ha Ha!!!! Yep, I am jealous! Dreams are the best!

I actually met a lady who is in Eleanor Burns' Quilt Guild -- and get this -- she has been the "tester" on new patterns -- the one who takes the directions and sews the sample to see if it translates to those of us with only normal quilt IQs....probably as close to Eleanor Burns as I'll ever get too!!!!

Blog Entries
    I have met Eleanor many times. She is always accessible at her tent show and sale barn at the Paducah quilt show. I always go to her meet and greet there too. It's a lot of fun and she feeds you great! No standing in a vendor booth for a limited amount of time and then disappearing for her! She is out from a.m. to p.m smiling and greeting everyone and mingling with her fans. Her sons and family are just as friendly and accepting of the fans as she is. She is a true quilt legend.
    Got fabric?

You all are quilting addicts .... dreaming of talking with very talented quilters! LOL

No offense to Eleanor, but if I'm going to have a dream, would much rather have Tim McGraw star in it.

Small town in Northeast Oregon close to Washington and Idaho
    Blog Entries
    Cool! But did you learn anything? Hee hee
    "Be yourself...everyone else is taken."
    Strong people don't put others down...they build them up."
    "Remember that your instincts are more important than rules"

Blog Entries
    I would love to meet Eleanor Burns. Up until a couple of months ago did not really quilt as a hobby or fun. It was to make gifts for the family, weddings, baby showers, etc. Then one day a friend told me about Eleanor Burns and her shows so I went home and thought well I watch one and see. It was her show on how to make a New York Beauty the easy way. Let me tell you, after that show I just had to make one and have been quilting since. I am even trying to start my own business all because of Eleanor Burns. Thanks Eleanor you have truely inspired me. Guess I should find my way to Paducah next year.LOL

Blog Entries
    She's here in Maryland!
    Bernie

I met Eleanor when she was at the Shipshewana Quilt Festival a couple of years ago. She came into the LQS where I work (Caroline's Cottage Cottons in Rome City, IN) and I got my photo taken with her and the other gals from the shop.

Blog Entries
    Well, I went snow skiing last night up in Colorado with a friend.[in my dream] It is in the 100's here! why not?

Don't laugh at us dreamers....I make prettier and nicer quilts in my dreams than I do in my studio.....heehee
    Buzzy Bee

Blog Entries
    Eleanor Burns went to the same college I did, does that count for anything? Ummm...that's what I thought. She was a couple of years ahead...never met her there, but did attend a So. CA weekend sew in during the late 80's. Really energetic, friendly person.
    "A woman is like a tea bag-you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water." Eleanor Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by SouthPStitches View Post
    No offense to Eleanor, but if I'm going to have a dream, would much rather have Tim McGraw star in it.
    Love it !

this is a really funny story. while visiting relatives in Calif. we were out and about and I saw
    this quilt shop; went in, not knowing whose shop it was...while looking around someone said
    "Eleanor is taping right now; will be out soon"...Then it dawned on me...she came out and
    before I knew it she insisted we have our picture taken..Wow! she was very friendly.

About 15 yrs ago I had the opportunity to take one of her classes at a sewing expo in Pittsburgh, really fun.
    But last year I had the once in a lifetime chance to go to the expo in Puyallup (never can remember how to spell that name-hope it is right), Wash. I wasn't able to sign up for her class but I met her in the ladies room! We were at the sinks washing our hands at the same time so we chatted for a min, she was so friendly even though my conversation was probably "duh, duh, duh" while I stumbled over my tonque.
    Maire

Quote Originally Posted by hsweany View Post
    I went to a quilt show with Eleanor Burns! Last night in my dreams.
    That's funny!

A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....
    Blog Entries

You guys tickle me pink. I am jealous................lol

I got to take a class with her, Trip Around the World, and she was just the same in person as she is when you see her on video. She was so friendly and outgoing and it was really fun cause she also took time to share some of her personal side, talking about her sons. The son we don't see is one of the largest skateboard manufacturers in the country, that one got her some 'street cred' with my son. She said that he was once interviewed about his business and they brought up that his mom was also an entrepreneur and asked if she had taught him a lot. He said he learned a lot just by watching her. She was a wonderful teacher and gave everyone plenty of individual attention.

Oh, she is SO much fun to watch! Dream ON!
    Being skinny isn't easy, so I gave up and opted for being sexy instead. (aunty acid)

I have been fortunate enough to take a couple of classes from her at the Houston Quilt Festival! She is as much fun, helpful, encouraging, and delightful as you could possibly want. She is the one who inspired me to start quilting. I love her!

I can definitely relate to that! I am a great Eleanor Burns fan.
    Liz Fairlie

She is in TX early Nov. at the Houston International Quilt Show. I met her there and she is very nice in person, too.

Quote Originally Posted by virtualbernie View Post
    She's here in Maryland!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast